Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 01:51 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times

Advertisements

rock salt will really burn their a$$e$
when they come uh tress - uh -passin'
here in these ole appalachian hills with moonshine stills
Scot-Irish tempered whiskey and independent will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Paranoia and culture of fear.
Conservatives' mantra.
Nope, pragmatism and a culture of self reliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
liberals' mantra - fear guns.
Plus the misguided belief that an all powerful Big Brother Government will always be there to protect them from any and all harm.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:55 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
The one Obama stimulus program that's worked....

Old 04-24-2012, 02:01 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Nope, pragmatism and a culture of self reliance.
Which liberals should embrace.

Every abortion clinic should have guns on hand, for example, to protect themselves from all those who want to do harm to abortion clinics and shut them down.

And, don't forget, if Trayvon Martin had been packing he would be the one in Zimmerman's shoes right now.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:01 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
"Why are gun sales setting new all time records in America?"

Because people are afraid the GOP will win the White House and they want to protect themselves from an onslaught of big government knocking on their doors.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:24 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The average 911 response can take 3-10 minutes to get to your door. The average .40 sw can get to your door at 1400 fps.

Plus, it's a lot easer to kill a deer with a gun than beat it to death with a baseball bat.
Why not buy a tazer?
That way you won't have blood on YOUR hands, too.

Peace,
brian

Old 04-24-2012, 02:26 PM

12,949 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Pistol-totin' grandmas rule!

Props to Lulu for refusing to be a victim....too bad she didn't cap the second scumbag:

Gun-wielding granny takes on two armed robbers

Old 04-24-2012, 02:27 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Blah, blah, blah...

There's 400 hundred years of history as well as more than a century's worth of thought and research to support what I've written. What do you have to support your position, besides your own delusions.

Those who study, research and think about race and racism in the US already view what I have written as common knowledge. Among those of that academic circle this is a non controversial issue.
What do I have to support it besides my own delusions? Well I have your delusions for starters. I could even allow that there could be something to your interesting, albeit rather primitive theory about black penis envy. I'm sure there are white guys who go into a locker room w/ black athletes for the first time in their lives, and come out say OMG. (whether they then feel a need to purchase a gun I find doubtful).

But to ascribe this as the general motivation for gun purchases is lunacy. In the first place, as a poster noted, women have been the fastest growing segment of gun buyers in recent years. Secondly, there has been a lot of attention paid in recent years to the fact that the very idea of gun control got its start in the US thru efforts to keep blacks from getting guns. Just google gun control+racism sometime. Many of the civil rights activists of the 50's and 60's were very pro-gun. Google Robert F Williams sometime. Or read up on Condi Rice who has said "I am a Second Amendment absolutist," due to her experiences growing up in Birmingham, AL in the Bull Connor era.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:28 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes, they're scared of that creepy black guy in the White House and believe the lie that he's comin' to get their guns.

The gun dealers are laughing all the way to the bank.
Amen. George Bush, that black azzhole.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:30 PM

23,549 posts, read 17,223,445 times
"Whilst Europeans may not share the same affection for guns as some Americans, there are still a lot of people in Europe who own guns and a lot of very fine good firearms manufacturing companies in Europe."

Yes I'm aware of kindred spirits in Eu countries and actually know a few. Belgian Brownings are a legend. Mauser actions a blessing.

Still the media generated social predominance is presented as EU looks down on firearm ownership. It is only reasonable that many individuals in EU countries would be the first to appreciate gun ownership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies