Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
look harder.

i've been on this forum nearly 5 years now, and have posted in less than 20 monsanto threads.

now then, aren't you embarrassed for having taken the [nonexistent] monsanto bait, or do you want to discuss my posting activities some more?
Apparently our topics of interest don't overlap then except where Monsanto is concerned. I am not embarrassed, why would I be? I don't see any bait.
You are the one that seems overly concerned with other's interest in Monsanto, which I find odd. My comments about govt profiting and lack of transparency apply to many companies. I think they are important concerns.

This excerpt from the article does, in fact, relate to Monsanto, so have no idea what you mean about the article not being about Monsanto?
quote:
Reuters reported that at least 300 acres of pharmaceutical crops had been planted (in 2002) and companies like Dow Chemical and Monsanto were lined up to do tests. Some called to ban the experiments and jail those responsible at Prodigene, a company based in the university community of College Station, Texas.

To the contrary, as The World According to Monsanto makes clear in the case of the anonymous-but-intentional contamination of Mexican heirloom maize fields that refused to adopt GM varieties, that those running the show intend to destroy traditional agriculture.

Last edited by CDusr; 04-24-2012 at 06:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 05:56 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've never bought a Honda. Poor suckers must be losing their shirt since they've never sold a vehicle.

Either that or do you believe A$$hat Jones is posting his stuff just for your personal consumption?
Doesn't matter. This thread isn't about Alex Jones.

If you can't stay on topic, what are you good for?

Old 04-24-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
your entire copy/paste failed to contain the term 'monsanto' anywhere

so why are you ranting about 'monsatan'?
Try to keep up.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Off topic. It's not about the Messenger.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Apparently our topics of interest don't overlap then except where Monsanto is concerned. I am not embarrassed, why would I be? I don't see any bait.
You are the one that seems overly concerned with other's interest in Monsanto, which I find odd.
well, personally, i would have been embarassed to jump into a thread and begin complaining about a company that isn't even involved there, simply because its name appeared in the title line. your mileage may vary.

yes, i am concerned when other's interest in monsanto reaches the point of total insanity, as it has on this thread -and virtually every other one i've seen where anything remotely related to transgenic crops is discussed.

look closely at the story in the OP. monsanto is not even involved, yet the thread tells us that MONSATAN is trying to kill us all [that bit about 'pop control 101 ]. you would have realized this had you read that headsplittingly idiotic story from infowars. not that i'm recommending doing so, unless you either need a belly laugh or have a couple IQ points that bear losing.

honestly, i've seen these types of threads off and on for years, and just shook my head and ignored them. then i started reading them more closely, and saw many otherwise rational people bobbing their heads in agreement over the most inspid disinformation and outright lies imaginable, and finally said 'no more.'

Old 04-24-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Try to keep up.
keep up with.. what, exactly?

the total non-involvement of monsanto anywhere near this hyperbolic and hysterical excuse for a 'story'?

Quote:
your entire copy/paste failed to contain the term 'monsanto' anywhere

so why are you ranting about 'monsatan'?
still curious

Old 04-24-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
well, personally, i would have been embarassed to jump into a thread and begin complaining about a company that isn't even involved there, simply because its name appeared in the title line. your mileage may vary.

yes, i am concerned when other's interest in monsanto reaches the point of total insanity, as it has on this thread -and virtually every other one i've seen where anything remotely related to transgenic crops is discussed.

look closely at the story in the OP. monsanto is not even involved, yet the thread tells us that MONSATAN is trying to kill us all [that bit about 'pop control 101 ]. you would have realized this had you read that headsplittingly idiotic story from infowars. not that i'm recommending doing so, unless you either need a belly laugh or have a couple IQ points that bear losing.

honestly, i've seen these types of threads off and on for years, and just shook my head and ignored them. then i started reading them more closely, and saw many otherwise rational people bobbing their heads in agreement over the most inspid disinformation and outright lies imaginable, and finally said 'no more.'
My comments:
Monsanto makes the govt alot of money. The lack of transparency is ridiculous. Full disclosure regarding food should be incredibly basic. Localizing is one way to address this though.

I posted quotes from the article that do, in fact, discuss Monsanto.

If you consider my comments to be complaining, that is your prerogative. As to Monsanto, as the topic, you keep repeating Monsanto isn't discussed, so I have to assume you didn't read the article. Not sure why you are discussing it, if you didn't read it, but instead discussing others repeatedly.

From where I sit I find it ironic you are concerned about misinformation when you seem to be promoting misinformation and misdirection.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:22 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Off topic. It's not about the Messenger.
Oh, but it is when the messenger is a known crazy liar.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
This excerpt from the article does, in fact, relate to Monsanto, so have no idea what you mean about the article not being about Monsanto?
quote:
[i]Reuters reported that at least 300 acres of pharmaceutical crops had been planted (in 2002) and companies like Dow Chemical and Monsanto were lined up to do tests. Some called to ban the experiments and jail those responsible at Prodigene, a company based in the university community of College Station, Texas.
oh dear god.

did you notice that story had nothing to do with HIV, SIV, or AIDS, assuming it's even true?

i went to your link, which is from 2002.
the only reference to monsanto is this:

Quote:
Dow Chemical Co. and Monsanto Co. are among other companies field testing new crops with the aim of commercializing them in three years.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
oh dear god.

did you notice that story had nothing to do with HIV, SIV, or AIDS, assuming it's even true?

i went to your link, which is from 2002.
the only reference to monsanto is this:

The original article mentions Monsanto. 2 I posted. The article is a "flashback". As to the Headline being all that accurate, well can't argue that, but I see that all over the internet.

Not disclosing the information related to the crop destruction is, of concern. People have to do their own research. Nobody should take anybody at face value in my opinion if you are interested in the truth. A system lacking in transparency, unfortunately breeds a bad environment.

From the article(yes it is an extrapolation)
http://www.agbioworld.org/newsletter...ve&newsid=2192

Research into the company involved, Prodigene, reveals that the contamination could be one of the following :
* AIDS vaccine gp120 — a glycoprotein
* Blood-clotting agent — Aprotinin
* Trypsin – Digestive enzyme that can be used in leather tanning or to produce insulin.
* Industrial adhesive Laccase — an enzyme derived from a fungus
Other pharmaceutical GM crops reportedly grown by ProdiGene include experimental oral vaccines for hepatitis B and for a pig disease, transmissible gastroenteritis. According to USDA records ProdiGene has received 85 test permits for experimental open-air trials of pharmaceutical GM crops and chemical crops for planting in at least 96 locations.

Last edited by CDusr; 04-24-2012 at 06:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies