Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times

Advertisements

I have not been a fan of Dick Morris since I wasted 20 some dollars on his crappy book Condi Vs. Hillary. I mean c'mon he was a top Clinton advisor and now is some kind of conservative guru???

Anyway vacation-gate is just another distraction to divert from the real issues: spending, debt, unemployment, Fast and Furious, Solyndra, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
The net worth is all that matters and a $5-6 million net worth is what's required to legitimately be in the top 1%. Also, a top 1% income is more like $374k+.
The entire discussion of 1% is in relation to the tax code, so Net Worth is irrelevant to this b/c you aren't taxed on net worth. You're taxed on income.

But even if you do want to go by Net Worth, Obama's home in Chicago alone is worth several million. Add in whatever $ he's saved from his & his wife mid 6 figure incomes from before his Presidency, 100Ks from book sales, whatever portfolios the Obamas have...

I'd bet he's still in the top 1% by NW.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:15 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How about "Radical Leftist" to describe a guy who pushed through a Center-Right healthcare reform developed by Conservatives?
who did that? Mitt was from Mass., which was developed by liberals... so I am waiting to hear what Healthcare reform was developed and pass through by "Conservatives" or is BS your middle name...

Old 04-24-2012, 08:17 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What are you angrier about: that you still live w/ your mother or that porch monkey has made more in a year than you will in your life?
LOL

Probably both.

Good one!

Old 04-24-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I posted a source that put the price of that one Hawaii 17 day trip at $4 million and I am pretty sure that none of that came out of the Obamas's pockets. Forget those ***** chasing Secret Service men if you must but remember that the Air Force says it takes $181,000 to fly Air Force One one hour. Just getting there and back, Hawaii, costs in excess of $2 million just for the plane.
That's a $4M cost of BEING PRESIDENT, not a "Lavish Lifestyle."

Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
You don't know what any of those words mean.
This. ^^^

Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
according to Dick Morris. Is that enough of a hint that progs aren't going to like this. I find no lies in it but am sure that some of you guys can do so. He talks about vacations, golf days, wife and daughter vacations and the like. Very interesting to watch.

Obama’s Lavish Lifestyle – Dick Morris TV: Lunch Alert! at DickMorris.com

Is this class warfare and jealously?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
who did that? Mitt was from Mass., which was developed by liberals... so I am waiting to hear what Healthcare reform was developed and pass through by "Conservatives" or is BS your middle name...
Are people seriously this uninformed?!

The individual mandate was the Republican & Heritage Foundation (that bastion Commie thought) alternative to Hillarycare, which would have put the mandate on businesses to provide HC for all employees.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Chocolate Garlic Cheesecake Truffles

Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Lavish and BIG don't necessarily go hand-in-hand... trust me, considering where & how I grew up, I know quality/expensive homes when I see them.

Not that it matters to me, since (unlike you) I don't care how and why people spend their OWN money - even the President, when we're discussing his personal homes & trips.
I don't care how people spend their own money either, just how they spend mine.

So, have you been to Bush's ranch home? From all descriptions it's pretty good quality, but not lavish.

Now I'd say his new Dallas house is pretty upscale.

As far as state visits and business goes, all presidents SHOULD go first class wherever it takes them, even in a recession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies