Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,040,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No, the TRADITIONS of this country, like kids working on their parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts farm WITHOUT dictates and regulations from the this leftist regime, is absolutely alien to the Left.

They have no idea the history of this country or what goes on in "rural" America, where their food, clothing and other necessities are "created" for them.

Oh...CHOICE, huh..but NOT for farmers and their kids, right? They've been working the land for centuries but all of a sudden big government needs to step in because we have a crisis, right?

The good thing about this CAVE by obama is that once again his supporters are shown his cowardice and political calculations....not that they care.

Sanrene, for crying out loud, you call this caving, maybe you could consider that they LISTENED TO citizen's concerns.

Well...considering it's you, maybe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 09:42 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,209,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Sanrene, for crying out loud, you call this caving, maybe you could consider that they LISTENED TO citizen's concerns.

Well...considering it's you, maybe not.
Well, of course, now it's "caving."

If President Obama had continued to push for this, he would have been arrogant and entitled and fascist and Marxist and communist and every other negative thing they have ever said about him.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:42 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,040,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, of course, now it's "caving."

If President Obama had continued to push for this, he would have been arrogant and entitled and fascist and Marxist and communist and every other negative thing they have ever said about him.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Pretty much. It's evidence that the govt. actually LISTENED to their citizens, and Obama gets slammed for it.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 AM

7,786 posts, read 7,990,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I WORKED on a farm when I was 16. I lasted about two weeks in the baking sun and stifling barn loading and stacking green hay. When I left I had infected blisters on my hands and vicious sunburn. That little adventure for all of $20 cured me of farming forever
My daughters just wear long sleeves,gloves and a hat,no problems

Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,074,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No, the TRADITIONS of this country, like kids working on their parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts farm WITHOUT dictates and regulations from the this leftist regime, is absolutely alien to the Left.

They have no idea the history of this country or what goes on in "rural" America, where their food, clothing and other necessities are "created" for them.

Oh...CHOICE, huh..but NOT for farmers and their kids, right? They've been working the land for centuries but all of a sudden big government needs to step in because we have a crisis, right?

The good thing about this CAVE by obama is that once again his supporters are shown his cowardice and political calculations....not that they care.
This is the 21st century, the romantizied notion of working and living off the land in america is long gone. Are you truly that ignorant of agriculture in modern times or you simply another liar?

Theres no crisis. I know its communist thinking to apply child labor laws across the entire board, instead of exemptions for agriculture. You know since outside of an agricultural setting, only those over 18 would be able to operate simillarly dangerous equipment.

Your lies and misinformation is pretty pathetic. Btw what percentage of farms are still family owned? What percentage of the market do they have? Show me how strong this tradition is still occurring.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,170,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
This is the 21st century, the romantizied notion of working and living off the land in america is long gone. Are you truly that ignorant of agriculture in modern times or you simply another liar?

Theres no crisis. I know its communist thinking to apply child labor laws across the entire board, instead of exemptions for agriculture. You know since outside of an agricultural setting, only those over 18 would be able to operate simillarly dangerous equipment.

Your lies and misinformation is pretty pathetic. Btw what percentage of farms are still family owned? What percentage of the market do they have? Show me how strong this tradition is still occurring.
Lots of farms are still family owned, but incorporated for tax purposes. Most tend to be bigger now--the smaller farms couldn't stand the fluctuations in the market, and most were forced out. Remember Willie Nelson, Farm Aid, and the farm crisis in the 1980s? It was real. Many big farms have full time skilled employees now--they don't hire young neighbor kids part time. It would be like hiring local 13 and 14 year olds to work in your manufacturing plant if you were in that industry--it doesn't happen. You still find people who play at farming--they work in town and raise a few cattle or plant 80 acres of beans on the side--but they usually handle those jobs on their own without outside help. The romantic notion of the family farmer who works the land with his family by his side on 200 acres doesn't really exist anymore. That's why this whole argument against the regs has been so dumb...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies