Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 09:30 AM

61,290 posts, read 87,099,452 times

Advertisements

like most of the race troll posts on CDF there are huge blanks in the story. .
this has nothing to do with white people--- again latino vs AA incidents-- but our trolls continue to rave and whip up mob hatred and violence towards wasps.
Petition: Justice for Daniel Adkins started – ‘white-Hispanic’ shot dead in cold blood by 22 year black male who was never arrested : Fire Andrea Mitchell!

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 05-13-2012 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,728,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
You do yourself a favor and look at some of the past cases where SYG was used as a defense. If the police cannot disprove your story (and in some instances don't bother to try), you get away with murder. There are enough cases documented to prove this. SYG sucks. There are plenty of situations where death was not the only option and the murderer went free. Apparently, none of them are easy. Someone punching a windshield is definitely more of a threat than someone walking around looking about. The difference between you and I is that I believe neither of the victims in these cases deserved to die and that it is a coward move to pull the trigger and kill someone so easily.
If I was the victim (guy in car) I think I may have had my gun drawn and ready, but would not have shot unless the perp made a grab for me, it really takes a lot to remain calm in these types of situations. Someone punching my windshield is not enough for me to shoot.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The shooter probably felt inferiority to the intellect of the victim which drove him into a rage.
Well, after 400 yrs of oppression, I guess he was justified.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's pretty obvious that the staunchest "Trayvon" posters don't care about someone being shot by a concealed weapon holder. If they did, they would be all over this case. From the information released it is a far more blatent abuse of SYG laws and self defense rights than the Martin-Zimmerman case.

But, since the target was not black, it seems like his life doesn't matter. Or to be more precise, there is no opportunity to spin this into a "helpless black child gunned down by a white dude" scenario. The fact that he (based on the info provided) did not appear to be an immediate threat to the shooter, and that the shooter has not been charged in a month, and that the shooter's name hasn't been released, doesn't seem to matter.

I don't know, nor particularly care, about the race of the shooter. I'm not sure if it's been released, and it shouldn't matter to anyone...except perhaps racists. (edit to add, I now see that the shooter was a black male. It becomes more apparent why the "Trayvoners" aren't all over this one).

Hopefully someone will get enough pressure applied to the local PD to investingate this case. I'm a strong supporter of concealed carry (and SYG for that matter), but based on what's been released on this case, I can't support the shooter. Maybe with more facts that would be different.
Yep, not one word from the forum brothas, where are they to defend their ilk?

Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,979,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I wonder if this will get weeks of front page publicity in the lamestream media, and 5000 plus posts here? All attacking the evil guy with the gun, for shooting the unarmed, innocent dog walker. Somebody better organize a march!

I wonder if the dog walker "looked like Obama's son"?
lol oh man yall are going in and not holding back.

You have a strong point. I literally laughed at your last sentence though.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:07 AM

All still quiet in this thread?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:40 PM

77,721 posts, read 59,880,182 times
No one cares if they can't squeeze votes out of the tragedy or try to claim racism.

Won't even release the shooters name.....

Ironic considering how many people were making loud racist claims about how Zimmerman was getting away with it because he was white and how the evidence would be lost and so forth....really really pathetic though.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:57 PM

39,799 posts, read 26,292,352 times
There is also this case: George Zimmerman & Trevor Dooley : Stand Your Ground Hypocrisy?

IMO Trevor Dooley was attacked and did shoot in self defense. He was attacked by a much younger and stronger man, who witnesses claim was trying to take his (legally owned concealled carry) firearm away. He had every reason to shoot to stop a violent attack...yet is being charged, and only with manslaughter, not murder 2.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,908,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Yep, not one word from the forum brothas, where are they to defend their ilk?
I have no idea as to what you mean by ilk, as a result, I don't know what or who it is that we are supposed to defending.

Now if you would like to clarify your remarks, perhaps I can help you.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:23 PM

77,721 posts, read 59,880,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I have no idea as to what you mean by ilk, as a result, I don't know what or who it is that we are supposed to defending.

Now if you would like to clarify your remarks, perhaps I can help you.
I assumed he was pointing out the AA posters that rushed to make the TM saga completely racial and who won't touch this thread with a 10ft. pole. By ilk he is meaning "kind" so basically they jumped on TM's side before getting facts (actual statement by one poster) because he was black and shot by a "white guy" who turned out to....oh nevermind.

Come on, you have to admit that this scenario looks even worse than the TM incident....and they haven't even released his name in the media.

Now in efforts to be fair there have also been racists piling on the Zimmerman side for the same reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies