Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:41 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
For those that are interested.

BBC News - Syria crisis: France raises use of force

"France says the Security Council should consider the use of force in Syria if a UN-backed peace plan fails to stop violence in the country.
"We cannot allow the [Damascus] regime to defy us," French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said.
Violence has continued despite a plan by international envoy Kofi Annan calling on Damascus to withdraw troops and heavy weapons from cities."
You do know this is total BS don't you? These are the same tactics and excuses used in all the other Arab Spring regime changes where the government was overthrown by so called "protesters" which turned out to be the Muslim Brotherhood supported by America and the UN. Once the government is overthrown the Muslim Brotherhood takes over and kills all non-Muslims. Ask the real people of Egypt on how they like their new government ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Absolutely agreed. There is no reason to waste more American lives or money on the ME. But...France talking tough? That's really sorta funny.
Why? It's how we got involved in Libya all over again. Obama/Panetta & Co. will use the UN/NATO to again involve US resources, be it manpower, bombs or $$.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why? It's how we got involved in Libya all over again. Obama/Panetta & Co. will use the UN/NATO to again involve US resources, be it manpower, bombs or $$.

Don't forget the lame-stream media being accomplices ...

Caught: Staged CNN Syria Interviews Faked By Activist Danny (http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/03/07/caught-complete-cnn-syria-interviews-staged-by-activist-danny-91231/ - broken link)

Old 04-25-2012, 10:06 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
france always the loud mouth but are chicken $h!t when action is called upon. If they want to take action, i'd tell them put your money where your mouth is or just $tFu.
Well that is no way to treat a NATO ally dude that stuff comes back to bite you later and it end up costing us.

If they want to do it then let them do it..just as long as they know it is without any help from us.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
france always the loud mouth but are chicken $h!t when action is called upon. If they want to take action, i'd tell them put your money where your mouth is or just $tFu.

You don't know anything about the history of France, do you?

Old 04-26-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I hate the ME with a passion, and I don't want any more wars there, but from I have seen enough of this tool who attacks his people as they try to flee to safey, that I say we should bomb the presidential palace and kill that bastard. One drone. One man. A big ass crater. He has proven he is a monster like dad. Kill that guy and give the Syrians a chance. Even better if France does it, or Turkey, but someone needs to give him the Quadaffy treatment.

Just killing or overthrowing Assad isn't enough. With him gone, what replaces him?

In the absence of outside influence, the answer to that would likely be Hizbollah or some other Iranian front group. It might happen anyhow.

How would that be progress?

Old 04-26-2012, 02:10 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
If France uses force I would like to see the Chinese and Russians step in and defend Assad. I realize this could cause WW3.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
If France uses force I would like to see the Chinese and Russians step in and defend Assad. I realize this could cause WW3.
You'd be willing for the world to endure WWIII to save Assad?

What on earth for?

Old 04-26-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You'd be willing for the world to endure WWIII to save Assad?

What on earth for?
Because I appreciate that Assad is a secular leader, If he loses power, just like in Egypt and others, radical Islamists will take his place.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You do know this is total BS don't you? These are the same tactics and excuses used in all the other Arab Spring regime changes where the government was overthrown by so called "protesters" which turned out to be the Muslim Brotherhood supported by America and the UN. Once the government is overthrown the Muslim Brotherhood takes over and kills all non-Muslims. Ask the real people of Egypt on how they like their new government ...
Why is the West always taking the side of Islamists over secular leaders? Are they super naive? Do they really believe "democracy" in the region will turn these countries into some sort of U.S western style culture?

Or do they have a hidden agenda? Do they actually want these countries to be as radical as possible for whatever reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies