Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 PM

1,332 posts, read 993,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup and madam prosecutor and the state of Florida are going to face potential criminal, ethics and civil actions as a result.

It's never a good idea to play to a mob especially one led by Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson.
Mentioning Sharpton brings to mind the tawana Brawley case...you remember....the blackgirl who lied about being attacked and raped by white men? Sharpton wanted 'justice' then too...until the truth was found out. But....being made a complete FOOL of doesn't seem to have slowed down his appetite for 'justice'.

This entire cased was based on the media and the black community pushing the 'RACE' aspect of the case. Nothing short of a murder indictment was going to quell the angry mob...so the idiots in florida gave them what they wanted. They don't care about whether there is enough evidence to bring this to trial....they are allowing MOB RULE and a man's life is at stake.

The media should be PROUD of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 PM

6,392 posts, read 5,158,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
How many threads do we have to have on this case?
Probably as many as the number of crimes being perpetrated in the memory of Mr. Martin.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:33 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
Even if Zimmerman were to be found guilty, I would think it would be thrown out on appeal and he will probably walk... I don't see any way he can be convicted on murder2. Manslaughter maybe and that's a big maybe. If he is released, his life is ruined and we will be forced into hiding. I also thought Casey Anthony was guilty as sin, but we know how that turned out.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,837,043 times
While he should be cleared of everything there's no way they could do that because the ignorant natives would riot and destroy their own hoods.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:59 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,642,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It looks like Zimmerman may have the same crack team of prosecution after him that OJ did.

I agree they over-reached and was surprised by murder 2.

Politically there is NO WAY IN HECK that this case gets dropped. It will go to a jury and then if Zimmerman is not found guilty we will get to enjoy a nice round of riots and cries of the jury be racist and so on and so forth.

Zimmerman will then lose a civil wrongful death suit.
If he is found not guilty in the criminal case, they can't bring a civil case against him. Not in Florida.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM

16,876 posts, read 10,539,064 times
They will never drop the case, too much political pressure.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:23 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,707,557 times
drop the case? no way in hell!!!! if it is dropped?? lawd harry>> burning, robbing, fighting and raping across the ghettos near you

Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
This case won't go to trial; a plea bargain is much more likely.
At this point with all the grief brought on by politics and news services I would never if I were him plea anything.
Maybe he settles for a victory in court and a medal for putting up with a mob of nutcases.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Even if Zimmerman were to be found guilty, I would think it would be thrown out on appeal and he will probably walk... I don't see any way he can be convicted on murder2. Manslaughter maybe and that's a big maybe. If he is released, his life is ruined and we will be forced into hiding. I also thought Casey Anthony was guilty as sin, but we know how that turned out.
I'm not so sure about that especially if riots ensue the backlash against Blacks would be more fearsome. Zimmerman would be a cult hero. Although I'm not sure that he would embrace it since he has black roots.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm not so sure about that especially if riots ensue the backlash against Blacks would be more fearsome. Zimmerman would be a cult hero. Although I'm not sure that he would embrace it since he has black roots.
Zimmerman is black, he has a black relative through his gradmother on his mom's side.
NAACP insists that qualifies you as black.

They would be rioting over a light skinned black killing another black in self defense.
I don't know if this would be a historic first or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies