Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:59 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Are you even from the US? It seems like English is your second language. Just curious...
Care to point out the areas where you have difficulty understanding? I mean, you made the point, surely you can show us all here how you were unable to discern the context of a given response because the delivery was improper?

Or were you simply attempting another ad homenin in hopes that people would be too stupid to see your obvious evasion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It forces companies to at least pay some attention to externalities. Superfund clean-up isn't exactly cheap.
Any examples?

I am not saying there isn't "some" good they have achieved, I am merely asking if you know what those are and why?

Old 04-26-2012, 05:10 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Care to point out the areas where you have difficulty understanding? I mean, you made the point, surely you can show us all here how you were unable to discern the context of a given response because the delivery was improper?

Or were you simply attempting another ad homenin in hopes that people would be too stupid to see your obvious evasion?
Most any of your posts are an example. You use an odd mixture of words and also use as many words as possible when far fewer would get your point across in a less confusing manner.
I'm probably not the only one who'd rather listen to your condescending and insulting horse poop than attempt to unravel your wordiness and answer you.

Of course, it could also be that you're not terribly educated or intelligent and think that being overly wordy will fool people into thinking you're smart. I have a brother in law like that. Poor guy. Hopefully it's just that you're from another country and English is your second language.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:17 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Any examples?
Hundreds, sadly. Love Canal ring a bell?

There's about 1300 sites on the Superfund priorities list: Final NPL Sites - by State | National Priorities List (NPL) | US EPA - and there's no reason the believe that's an exhaustive list at all.

Dealing with chemical waste or heavy metal soil contamination or any other type of pollutant costs money. And as the choice is to spend the money here-and-now vs. postponing the clean-up, guess which choice makes for the better quarterly report?

This isn't a theoretical exercise, we have clear evidence. When polluting is economically beneficial, companies will pollute.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Don't worry. It's a personal hypothesis only backed up by experience, not experiments. I'm not going to be publishing a paper on it in the Journal of Clinical Psychology.

Quote:
And what Is that hypothesis? Care to expand on it and then show for us here the process to which you establish such?

By all means, take us through the scientific process so all can see the proper means to which it establishes validation, verification, and replication!

(in case you were a little confused by the comment, it means... show your work!)

Or... should we expect a round of demands for appeal to your conclusion with unwillingness to provide the proper evidential support to your conclusions because:

"Why should I make the data available to you, when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it." --Phil Jones

We will be waiting here oh so "scientific" one.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Most any of your posts are an example. You use an odd mixture of words and also use as many words as possible when far fewer would get your point across in a less confusing manner.
I'm probably not the only one who'd rather listen to your condescending and insulting horse poop than attempt to unravel your wordiness and answer you.

Of course, it could also be that you're not terribly educated or intelligent and think that being overly wordy will fool people into thinking you're smart. I have a brother in law like that. Poor guy. Hopefully it's just that you're from another country and English is your second language.

Again, I asked you to point out a specific where you were unable to understand, and you continue to critique on style while making insults.

I think we all know what the problem is here and it has nothing to do with petty evaluations of writing style. You aren't fooling anyone.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Don't worry. It's a personal hypothesis only backed up by experience, not experiments. I'm not going to be publishing a paper on it in the Journal of Clinical Psychology.

Your question was "You don't happen to like Ayn Rand, do you?", to which you concluded without obtaining in information to support it.

Experience is a component personally encountering or observing something. How are you able to use experience to establish your answer when I have not spoke of the topic in any discussion?

The answer is, you can't. All you are doing is making unfounded accusations.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Nomander in his comments is using Russian gramatical structure. As the preceeding sentence is like.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
There is news that even small amounts of the common pesticide CPF/chlorpyrifos can lead to brain anomalies and retardation in children prenatally exposed to it.
This has nothing to do with Obama, though. The EPA has not acted on warnings from NGOs and others four and a half years ago.

Prenatal exposure to insecticide chlorpyrifos may alter infants' brain structure

I wonder if there is corruption involved. Who makes that stuff?

Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Can anyone explain to me why the EPA give huge fines to oil companies when a single bird gets killed but Windmill companies get a pass on the MILLION plus birds PER YEAR that they kill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies