Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
LOL does this case even matter? I mean, really...does it matter for Zimmerman? As of right now, being sent to prison is probably the least of his concerns. Regardless of what happens, justice has already been served because he'll never be able to walk to streets again (at least not in the US). Even if he tries to live a normal life in the US, he'll have to look over his shoulder 24/7 so his life is basically over, guilty or not guilty.

The guy basically threw his life away, but that's what happens when you do the wrong thing.
I have a prediction. Zimmerman will kill again. The victim will be black and male. He was a paranoid punk before. He is still punk but now will be twice as paranoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Zimmerman was not authority. And lady people have always had to barricade their homes. So just as I stated before being suspended means he should have been killed to people on the right. This post right here is exactly why it is a left/right issue. The right feels Trayvon deserved to die. The left feels like zimmerman played cop and killed a kid because we don't have hate for the kid blinding us.
No.. the left thinks Zimmerman is a racist who was out to kill someone... the right believe that Zimmerman was fulfilling his volunteer duty as neighborhood watch... what happened was a tragedy... the left would have you think otherwise...

Old 04-26-2012, 09:29 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Zimmerman was not authority. And lady people have always had to barricade their homes. So just as I stated before being suspended means he should have been killed to people on the right. This post right here is exactly why it is a left/right issue. The right feels Trayvon deserved to die. The left feels like zimmerman played cop and killed a kid because we don't have hate for the kid blinding us.
I deleted the post. No he should not have been killed and if his parents had taken care of him, he would not have been. I don't have any hate for this child. I have pity.

When I was a child our home didn't even have a lock on its doors. We didn't need one. But I was still not allowed to go out by myself wandering around in the dark. After dinner was family time and we were with our parents.

I deleted the post realizing it might be hard for the parents to see, but it is the way I felt about the situation. Neighborhood watch is an authority and should be respected as authority. I also realize that like anyone viewing this situation, the only things I know are what the news have told us and I do not trust any news organization. They are making money. I really cannot see Zimmerman ever getting a fair trial. But it is amazing to me that so many people are getting in buses and going down there that wouldn't spend five minutes doing a neighborhood watch in their area.

Last edited by NCN; 04-26-2012 at 10:18 AM..

Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I deleted the post. No he should not have been killed and if his parents had taken care of him, he would not have been. I don't have any hate for this child. I have pity.

When I was a child our home didn't even have a lock on its doors. We didn't need one.
What proof do you have that his parents are to blame? What post did you delete? You just got lucky with your open doors. Crime and Burglary didn't start in then 2000s. If you had pity you would ask for justice and want zimmerman to be made an example of so it doesn't happen again.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
What proof do you have that his parents are to blame? What post did you delete? You just got lucky with your open doors. Crime and Burglary didn't start in then 2000s. If you had pity you would ask for justice and want zimmerman to be made an example of so it doesn't happen again.
I would still like justice for Zimmerman. Unfortunately he is being made the scapegoat for this situation. I see Zimmerman as the victim. He volunteered to keep his neighborhood safe and ended up with a lawsuit.

Living in an area where people respect others is not luck. It is civilized.

What we live with in the United States today is more like a third world country. It used to be wonderful to have neighbors come visit and not be scared when someone came to the door. This is a different world than where I was raised. Some people equate crime with being in a poor neighborhood. I was raised in a very poor neighborhood but I saw law enforcement in my neighborhood only once in ten years. And it was just the sheriff driving through then. I lived around people that respected each other and did not try to steal what others had built. I know that is rare. Our biggest fear was forest fires and wild animals.

President Obama came to visit the high school I went to as a child and his statement about the area was that we were nice to people even when we didn't vote for them. He was so right. Several of my facebook friends are from that area and one of them said the only thing good about Obama coming to visit was that they got out of school for the day. You don't have to be mean to people you don't like or agree with.

Last edited by NCN; 04-26-2012 at 09:59 AM..

Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Unless Zimmerman was deaf, on drugs like PCP or drunk..he was told to "BACKOFF" from following Trayvon and he chose not to instead. How did Trayvon know that this guy wasn't out to beat the crap out of him? Kids are taken all the time and the younger kids are taught now a days to fight back. Zimmerman was dead wrong for shooting this boy and acted to freely with his gun..big guy, tough guy, hero? NOT. This has turned into a 3 ring circus because you have people like Al Sharpton fueling the fire. He is such a troublemaker. I feel sorrow for this family who lost a son but am angry at the same time that Zimmerman is first of all, out on bail and secondly that Mr. Sharpton will keep this a hot item until he has gotten all the "USE" out of it he needs for HIS own benefit.

Please, let this family grieve..let the court systems work and put this zealot in jail for what he has done..murder...just gotta determine what degree of murder it is..is there a degree of murder called IDIOT?
pammy, what is it that you mean when you say "let the court systems work "?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I would still like justice for Zimmerman. Unfortunately he is being made the scapegoat for this situation. I see Zimmerman as the victim. He volunteered to keep his neighborhood safe and ended up with a lawsuit.

Living in an area where people respect others is not luck. It is civilized.
Justice for zimmerman? He murdered a kid on the street for nothing. Never mind. You just like the others will never feel that Trayvon had a right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You just will never feel it

Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You have stated that right = White and left = Black.

Since you are admitted rightie, that means you are pro White and anti Black, using your logic.
There are always exceptions to the rule. I'm a Black conservative, I'm neither pro-white or anti-black, just anti-foolishness which is inherent in liberalism.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
I have a prediction. Zimmerman will kill again. The victim will be black and male. He was a paranoid punk before. He is still punk but now will be twice as paranoid.
I have a prediction the lib MSM will smear again. The victim could be white, could be black, could be male or female. Could even be a "white Hispanic" (with "Afro-Peruvian roots").

Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Most of the facts of the case (at least the important ones that determine Zimmerman's level of liability) have already come out. Zimmerman should be found guilty of at least some form of manslaughter for the simple fact that he accosted Trayvon Martin when he didn't need to; which led to their scuffle and the shooting.

No accosting = no scuffle = no shooting = no death

People who claim that Zimmerman was acting in self-defense are insane. How can someone claim self-defense in a situation they put themselves in? Self-defense is justified when someone randomly accosts you, but not when you go out of your way to accost someone. Zimmerman had no business accosting anyone on the street (armed with a gun) about their whereabouts. That's what the police are for and he's not one of them so the fact that his actions led to everything that subsequently happened makes him liable to some extent.
and that is why the 2nd degree charge instead of manslaughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies