Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,657,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree it may not have been an important job although the system for returns seem to work and now it will be easier to take something for fre and than go back in without a receipt and return it...and in the end the honest customers have to pay higher prices to make up for the theft....BUT in the end the result is job losses.

Walmart may put them them else where in the store but is not adding employees maybe letting go of others.

They may be cutting back in some specific areas, but, in my area they are building new stores and adding employees.
Surely Mr. Obama must get the credit for WalMart adding these jobs.

Walmart hiring for Northeast El Paso, Socorro Neighborhood Market stores - Las Cruces Sun-News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
AND! He can sing!
And! Slow-jam the news.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,928,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And! Slow-jam the news.
He is not a very good golfer. When I hit a bad shot. I know that it his fault. When I make a good shot, the credit is mine alone.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,081,959 times
Quote:
They may be cutting back in some specific areas, but, in my area they are building new stores and adding employees.
Surely Mr. Obama must get the credit for WalMart adding these jobs.

Walmart hiring for Northeast El Paso, Socorro Neighborhood Market stores - Las Cruces Sun-News

Not with this crowd, he doesn't.

If someone farts against the wind someplace in the US, these people would blame the Prez.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,233,135 times
Quote:
And! Slow-jam the news.
He He

I didn't even know what "slow jamming" was until just the last couple of days.

It must be Obama's fault that I'm so out of touch.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:04 PM

33,510 posts, read 18,080,397 times
More jobs overseas when they make the products for Walmart.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,543,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I'm afraid you have your facts wrong..............
An incredible oil boom is underway, destroying the government's measely estimates for production and getting the US to the point where we will soon challenge Saudi Arabia for the world's biggest producer.
The United States' rapidly declining crude oil supply has made a stunning about-face, shredding federal oil projections and putting energy independence in sight of some analyst forecasts.
After declining to levels not seen since the 1940s, U.S. crude production began rising again in 2009. Drilling rigs have rushed into the nation's oil fields, suggesting a surge in domestic crude is on the horizon.
The number of rigs in U.S. oil fields has more than quad­rupled in the past three years to 1,272, according to the Baker Hughes rig count. Including those in natural gas fields, the United States now has more rigs at work than the entire rest of the world.
Too ashamed to provide your link to this garbage? The only increase in oil drilling and natural gas is on private land which Obama can do nothing to stop - or he would. He wants energy prices to skyrocket, he said so. We are to be punished for what he considers our extravagence.

Hofmeister said he met with then-senator Barack Obama before the Democrat was elected president to try to explain the urgency the predicament, but Obama dismissed him by saying his administration would rely on biofuels.

Ex-Shell official urges energy policy » Times Record News
Hoffmeister is the ex-President of Shell Oil. Biofuels refers to plant or animal origin.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,543,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
More jobs overseas when they make the products for Walmart.
Because we have become a consumer nation, rather than a producer.

Quote:
Because of Obama’s mismanagement of the economy and penchant for overregulation, businesses are finding it harder to compete in and be as profitable as they could be at home, which leads to less hiring, which makes it harder for the country to come out of the recession.
U.S. Companies Increase Hiring -- Overseas

Old 04-28-2012, 07:23 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,646,405 times
3 years later and Obama's track record is very clear....

High gas prices, almost double than when he took over, resulting in less jobs and less money left from a pay check.

More people under employed and unemployed as he promised.

On top of that he didn't deliver on many things he promised which btw I'm very happy he didn't succeeded ...Guantanamo Bay still open! Yeah!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
3 years later and Obama's track record is very clear....

High gas prices, almost double than when he took over, resulting in less jobs and less money left from a pay check.

More people under employed and unemployed as he promised.

On top of that he didn't deliver on many things he promised which btw I'm very happy he didn't succeeded ...Guantanamo Bay still open! Yeah!

But, on the bright side, Walmart is adding jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies