Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
How could she possibly have steady employment with 14 children to care for? Good that she takes whatever jobs are offered or that she can find.
That sort of logic reminds me of the kid who killed his parents, whose attorney insisted on leniency because the child was a orphan.

She made the choice to have those kids - on the taxpayers' dime. She raises them still - on the taxpayers' dime. Gee, how can it be her fault that she can't find a job with all those kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 12:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
True but can she do that for the next 15 years til the kids are 18 ?
She does whatever she can do. That's life. The 14 kids are already here. Also, if the oldest is 11 now, in another 8 years he/she will be old enough to be of help with the younger kids. The older kids will be helpful as the years go by. They're a family and if she raises them right, they'll love each other.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
That sort of logic reminds me of the kid who killed his parents, whose attorney insisted on leniency because the child was a orphan.

She made the choice to have those kids - on the taxpayers' dime. She raises them still - on the taxpayers' dime. Gee, how can it be her fault that she can't find a job with all those kids?
So what? The kids are already here. Your "logic" seems to exclude the value of human life and focuses of material wealth...."tax payer dime." For all you know, one of those kids could grow up to discover the cure for cancer, or Alzheimers, or be President, etc.,etc.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:52 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I agree she is not too dumb to work and should be doing so, if not now at least when her kids get into school. at present you want her to live an indentured servant because she choose life. your solution of dismantling the family unit is severe to the extreme. the US does not have debtor's prisons, nor half way homes for people who "owe"
Some would say it is holding her accountable for irresponsible decisions.

She is a nut case, obviously. Those children might very well do better with different parents. They are just numbers, lost in a herd, where they are.

And, for God's sake, can't we get her sterilized? Is there no human decency left?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Some would say it is holding her accountable for irresponsible decisions.

She is a nut case, obviously. Those children might very well do better with different parents. They are just numbers, lost in a herd, where they are.

And, for God's sake, can't we get her sterilized? Is there no human decency left?
Hold her accountable? You mean punish her and her children, don't you? You said those children "might very well do better".....so you advocate removing children from their parent because they "might very well do better" with someone else? I read the article and I saw the photos. If most people think "that" is squalor, then they have never seen squalor. Perhaps focusing on children and cases where they really do live in squalor and abuse would be much better than "beating up" this woman over and over.

Because there is human decency left, no, "we" can't have her sterilized. That's pretty extreme even if you're joking.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post

Let's not try to make this some liberal vs. conservative argument. I'm a liberal and think Octomom is disgusting in so many ways. Few people are on Octomom's side but in the end, the kids are here and they need to eat and are you going to be the one to say these kids shouldn't have food.
I'm liberal, too, and think that children should not be reared as part of a herd. Kids need attention as individuals.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Had a friend once who was a social worker..There were foster parents collecting big bucks from the state.They would toss a few hot dogs to their wards in the basement while they ate steak... no matter what the kids are better off with their natural and REAL parents...I hate the term "biological" father or mother...you only have one real mother and one real father the rest are interloping do-gooders...who will never love a child the way the real mother does....good or bad...People should help them whether they like them or not----so the mom got a good hair cut? Big deal....is she supposed to cut her own hair?
What bull. THere are certainly mothers with no 'motherly love'.

There are moms who kill their five year old kids.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There is nothing more blessed than children. . . .
But, you DO realize that this is your own personal religious belief, and not everyone wants to be, not should they be, ruled by it?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
She does whatever she can do. That's life. The 14 kids are already here. Also, if the oldest is 11 now, in another 8 years he/she will be old enough to be of help with the younger kids. The older kids will be helpful as the years go by. They're a family and if she raises them right, they'll love each other.
I will bet that as soon as that kid is of legal age, he/she will split. Who would want to live that way? Did they ask to be born? No. They will all grow up resenting her.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I will bet that as soon as that kid is of legal age, he/she will split. Who would want to live that way? Did they ask to be born? No. They will all grow up resenting her.
I disagree. And I'll bet that none of them will end up preferring to have never been born. Little kids love their mothers, even when a mother is abusive. And I see absolutly no evidence that this mom has been abusive to her children. They will grow up in a family where they look out for each other. An attack on mom, when a kid is young, is usually perceived as an attack on the "whole" to that child. Out of 14 children, I'd say there is a very good chance that most of them will love each other and look out for each other. There are "rebel" children in small families, 2 or 3 kids, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies