Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,783,080 times

Advertisements

Listen, I pay 6 bucks with the coupons and up to $12 without, to get my haircut.

You got a mentally ill women begging the doctor to give her IVF for 14 babies she can't take care of....

She goes and gets a $500 haircut and the TOILET is STOPPED UP! That could have paid for plumbing visit...

Do you see the irrational side of the OCTO queen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,329,279 times
Nadya Suleman's side of the story: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...eglect-set-up/

Quote:

That’s not fair,” said Suleman, who claims the $520 was spent on 15 haircuts in total, not just the single haircut the hairdresser claimed. “It’s almost over. This is our last month on help,” she said of the $4,000 to $5,000 per month she receives in public assistance. “I am making money…I have jobs.”

Old 04-26-2012, 12:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,157,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Nice.
So then so we don't have to actually offend you by thinking...why don't you tell us. As a republican, do you support SAHM's?
Are you married and is your wife a SAHM or do you hope for your future wife to stay home with your future kids?
I have stated repeatedly on this forum that I believe EVERY able-bodied adult and even teenagers 14 years and above should work. Black, white, red, or yellow.....male or female....EVERYONE should work.

I don't expect anyone to know my thoughts on every subject, but why in the world would people believe that someone whose conservative principles are as strong as mine would not want a woman to work?

Somewhere along the line, you and your bretheren are confusing conservatism with hard-line Christianity. That's your fallacy.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,761,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I have stated repeatedly on this forum that I believe EVERY able-bodied adult and even teenagers 14 years and above should work. Black, white, red, or yellow.....male or female....EVERYONE should work.

I don't expect anyone to know my thoughts on every subject, but why in the world would people believe that someone whose conservative principles are as strong as mine would not want a woman to work?

Somewhere along the line, you and your bretheren are confusing conservatism with hard-line Christianity. That's your fallacy.
Well ask Ann Romney... she works.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:53 PM

29,221 posts, read 22,424,843 times
Quote:
No I don't want to turn a blind eye. I'd be much happier if she was committed to a mental institution, forced to reimburse taxpayers for her irresponsibility, and her children put into foster homes.

That's what you call cutting off the spigot. Let it serve as a harsh example to those who aspire to be like her. Personal Irresponsibility should have consequences.
Who, exactly, has aspired to be like her? There never has been another woman like her before or since.

Millions of women have had children out of wedlock, and there are millions more to come. Would you force them to reimburse tax payers when they are also tax payers?ss

What,precisely is the limit you would impose on a woman who wants children? One, like China? Or two? How about 3? Would you be all for abortion in the case of Octamom, but not for a girl who is carrying twins or triplets?

Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,361,892 times
Quote:
It's appalling the number of OctoMom defender's on this thread. Are you folks seriously defending a single mother of umpteen kids living on social handouts? Is that what you've been reduced to as liberals???
Hey, she made the "pro-life" decision to use all of her frozen embryos (past interviews have shown she's on the pro-life side). What would taken away her food stamps do, other than hurt the children? Even suggesting they be taken from her is silly because that would cost the state far more than $2k/month.

Let's not try to make this some liberal vs. conservative argument. I'm a liberal and think Octomom is disgusting in so many ways. Few people are on Octomom's side but in the end, the kids are here and they need to eat and are you going to be the one to say these kids shouldn't have food.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:02 PM

50,481 posts, read 47,209,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Who, exactly, has aspired to be like her? There never has been another woman like her before or since.

Millions of women have had children out of wedlock, and there are millions more to come. Would you force them to reimburse tax payers when they are also tax payers?ss

What,precisely is the limit you would impose on a woman who wants children? One, like China? Or two? How about 3? Would you be all for abortion in the case of Octamom, but not for a girl who is carrying twins or triplets?
You should be able to have all the kids you want if you can support them. If not, maybe someone else needs to raise them since you've already established you cannot by continually cranking them out. Most people have one kid at a time and it's not like it happens all of a sudden that you are broke. Is it ok to use the safety net, sure that is what it is for. In this case of octonut it's a full on frontal assault of the social service net.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
No I don't want to turn a blind eye. I'd be much happier if she was committed to a mental institution, forced to reimburse taxpayers for her irresponsibility, and her children put into foster homes.

That's what you call cutting off the spigot. Let it serve as a harsh example to those who aspire to be like her. Personal Irresponsibility should have consequences.
And who's gonna pay for the mental institution? The foster homes? You're talking about more money being spent on foster home placements, salaries for the social workers needed, hospitalizing a grown woman against her will (5150, IIRC) which is bound to get pricey.

Sadly, I don't disagree w/ you-I do think Octomom is nuts and that those kids would be better off in more stable homes if they cold be found, but if we're looking at this from a monetary POV (which you yourself are quite fond of), your suggestions would cost the state far more money than giving her foodstamps. At least she is attempting to earn money (last I heard, she posed nude and is blogging for cash). Getting the state any more involved in the raising of these children will cost more money. So you're not "cutting off the spigot", you're opening it up even more and pouring more money down the drain.

But hey, so long as she didn't abort any of those precious embryos, right "pro-lifers"?

Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
"octomom wannabe's"?????? you think otomom is a role model for women you need to get out more.
Seriously. Between Octomom, Michelle Duggar, and Kate Gosselin, there's not much love for these breeders of many (at least Michelle Duggar gets props for not relying on handouts and raising fairing non-bratty kids). NO ONE is going to purposely follow in their foot steps in hopes of a payout. The days of celebrating these litters are all but done and most of those shows aren't even around any more and that trend isn't going to start up again.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:15 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,224,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Hey, she made the "pro-life" decision to use all of her frozen embryos (past interviews have shown she's on the pro-life side). What would taken away her food stamps do, other than hurt the children? Even suggesting they be taken from her is silly because that would cost the state far more than $2k/month.

Let's not try to make this some liberal vs. conservative argument. I'm a liberal and think Octomom is disgusting in so many ways. Few people are on Octomom's side but in the end, the kids are here and they need to eat and are you going to be the one to say these kids shouldn't have food.
I'm a limited pro-choice conservative and I also think Octomom and her children should have the social services they need. What's done is done and the children are the priority now.

I also think the hairdresser was looking to make a buck by taking pictures and peddling them to TMZ. Why hasn't anyone pointed the finger of blame in that direction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies