Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:12 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Ok, you will remain in denial also. Your party cares about rich white people, and it was bush who got us into this mess.
You are so wrong that it is pathetic really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
First off, I am a she, not a he. The supposed perception of the Republicans being against minorities is not a perception at all but just a desire to have all kinds of social welfare programs to tap into which the Democrats provide to them. As for Hispanics as a group, they don't like the Republicans because they won't thumb their noses at our immigration laws for them.
I apologize, i didn't know you were a female. Again, I'm not latino, so I won't sit here and speak for them. If that is what you believe about minorities, that is the reason why republicans will lose the minority vote again. Now you'll probably call me an idiot, or pathetic, say that minorities are brainwashed, kept on a plantation, or some other insult, which is fine, but if you lose in november, you and the rest of the republicans will have nobody but yourself to blame because if you would quit with the insults of minorities, you might actually get more votes from us. Instead your party would rather just sit there throw out the same insults over and over.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are so wrong that it is pathetic really.
I'm wrong about your party, but you apparently think you are right my party, and I'm one being called pathetic.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:39 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
I apologize, i didn't know you were a female. Again, I'm not latino, so I won't sit here and speak for them. If that is what you believe about minorities, that is the reason why republicans will lose the minority vote again. Now you'll probably call me an idiot, or pathetic, say that minorities are brainwashed, kept on a plantation, or some other insult, which is fine, but if you lose in november, you and the rest of the republicans will have nobody but yourself to blame because if you would quit with the insults of minorities, you might actually get more votes from us. Instead your party would rather just sit there throw out the same insults over and over.
What insults?

Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
It doesn't even matter what chicagonut thinks, he wants to have his blinders on. He doesn't want to admit his party has a perception problem when it comes to minorities. If the republicans lose in november, they'll only have themselves to blame for it.
MLK was a Rep.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
MLK was a Rep.
As always, we get the usual MLK was a republican statement. I guess this is the part where I have to say the republican party during his day is the democratic party of today. I'm actually suprised you didn't throw in the part about how more republicans voted for the CRA than democrats.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
What insults?
I'll just list them for you.

1. minorities want handouts
2. minorities are brainwashed
3. Democrats are keeping us on a plantation
4. all minorities are on welfare.

These are just the typical comments that republicans constantly bring up whenever we get into these discussions about race and politics.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I'll just list them for you.

1. minorities want handouts
2. minorities are brainwashed
3. Democrats are keeping us on a plantation
4. all minorities are on welfare.

These are just the typical comments that republicans constantly bring up whenever we get into these discussions about race and politics.
What nominated rep said that?

Old 04-27-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
As always, we get the usual MLK was a republican statement. I guess this is the part where I have to say the republican party during his day is the democratic party of today. I'm actually suprised you didn't throw in the part about how more republicans voted for the CRA than democrats.
Rep has always done more for Blacks.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Rep has always done more for Blacks.
so if you that enough times, does it make it true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies