Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
? I don't appear to be someone who doesn't even understand basic community property law or the self-defense law.
You dont appear to be much to me at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
I thought he's white Hispanic.
nah, according to the one-drop rule that the leftists curiously insist upon, this was apparently a black-on-black 'hate crime'

Zimmerman's black roots - NYPOST.com

go figure.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You dont appear to be much to me at all.

Maybe you have difficulty comprehend simple concepts.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Just curious, do you ever post anything that stimulates thought or conversation ? I don't think I've ever seen you put 3 intelligent sentences together in a row.

I'm sure you'll have a short abrupt senseless comment about this post also. Go ahead, lets have it and show us how intellectual you can be.
Would you actually care to discuss the matter at hand, or would you like to trade insults?
Your call.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Maybe you have difficult comprehend simple concepts.
Re-read your sentence syntax and structure and get back to me on that.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:28 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
Every interview I have seen of Zimmerman's neighbors paints George Zimmerman as an upstanding guy who was doing a thankless job trying to keep his neighborhood crime free. After seeing George Zimmerman on the stand and hearing his apology I feel certain that he regrets the shooting and absolutely never intended to hurt anyone. George Zimmerman's neighbors are white, Hispanic, and black and all stated he was and is not a racist.

We have the news media to thank for the misinformation and misleading quips spawned by scum more interested in selling air time than broadcasting the truth. Simple things like the news media using Martin's first name all the time, Travon, Travon, Travon, and to describe the other person, Zimmerman, Zimmerman, Zimmerman. The news media trying to put a racial spin on the incident which outraged the black community in general. The news media has convicted George with malice and ignorance.

There could have been many scenarios for that evening. When I consider that according to the news Martin was on his cell phone speaking with his girlfriend and telling her that he thought he was being followed his girlfriend encourage him to run. As a well conditioned football player Martin could have easily out distance George. IMO, Martin chose to confront Zimmerman and an argument began where Martin attacked Zimmerman and managed to force him to the ground where Martin began slamming Zimmerman's head on the concrete. Zimmerman manage to get out from under Martin and believing his life was endangered fired killing Martin.

There was a lot of rebuttal when it was announced that Martin was on suspension from his school for drug use. Does this mean that Martin was on drugs that night? No one knows but it is possible .

It is not my intend to discredit Martin. Instead I believe there are two sides to every story. The above story has as much merit as anything the news media put out. The only thing that is missing with my story of that evening is the eye rolls, the "OMG's", and heavy sighs.

It is sad that a life was lost but it is worse to race to judgment placing guilt where it may not belong.
A person is innocent until proven guilty.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:29 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Definitely would not want him in my neighborhood. I don't need to have some racist idiot chase me around with a gun because I'm outside.
Can you please prove hes a racist? I am so sick of that word being thrown around without proof. Enough is enough

Old 04-26-2012, 07:30 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Every interview I have seen of Zimmerman's neighbors paints George Zimmerman as an upstanding guy who was doing a thankless job trying to keep his neighborhood crime free. After seeing George Zimmerman on the stand and hearing his apology I feel certain that he regrets the shooting and absolutely never intended to hurt anyone. George Zimmerman's neighbors are white, Hispanic, and black and all stated he was and is not a racist.

We have the news media to thank for the misinformation and misleading quips spawned by scum more interested in selling air time than broadcasting the truth. Simple things like the news media using Martin's first name all the time, Travon, Travon, Travon, and to describe the other person, Zimmerman, Zimmerman, Zimmerman. The news media trying to put a racial spin on the incident which outraged the black community in general. The news media has convicted George with malice and ignorance.

There could have been many scenarios for that evening. When I consider that according to the news Martin was on his cell phone speaking with his girlfriend and telling her that he thought he was being followed his girlfriend encourage him to run. As a well conditioned football player Martin could have easily out distance George. IMO, Martin chose to confront Zimmerman and an argument began where Martin attacked Zimmerman and managed to force him to the ground where Martin began slamming Zimmerman's head on the concrete. Zimmerman manage to get out from under Martin and believing his life was endangered fired killing Martin.

There was a lot of rebuttal when it was announced that Martin was on suspension from his school for drug use. Does this mean that Martin was on drugs that night? No one knows but it is possible .

It is not my intend to discredit Martin. Instead I believe there are two sides to every story. The above story has as much merit as anything the news media put out. The only thing that is missing with my story of that evening is the eye rolls, the "OMG's", and heavy sighs.

It is sad that a life was lost but it is worse to race to judgment placing guilt where it may not belong.
A person is innocent until proven guilty.
*claps* great post

Old 04-26-2012, 07:31 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
There is a difference between being a racist and racial profiling. I don't think GZ was a racist.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:32 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreehat View Post
Hello Bill,

It's not odd that you would side with Mr. Zimmerman, after all USA culture teaches us that all black men are dangerous criminals that need to be shot and killed.

I don't know if you've ever been in a fight, but it is rather unlikely that if someone is beating your head against the concrete that you would be able to pull your gun out and shoot somebody, unless you already had your gun out, which then would fully explain why Trayvon was beating his head against the concrete.
Leave off the racial crap, as it has nothing with me or my opinions. The USA does not teach that all black men are criminals, and even if it does, it's not something I believe.

I haven't sided with Zimmerman. I read his account of the events, and I said that if he is telling the truth, then I believe he did nothing wrong.

So you think it's unlikely that Zimmerman was unable to get to his gun out while Martin was attacking him. You think it's more likely that a 17 year old young man decided to attack a gun wielding man, and was successful enough that he got the gunman on his back and whacked his head against the concrete before the gunman shot him. Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies