Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 07:53 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
The bottom line is if the young man had acted like a decent person instead of running away like he was guilty & then assaulting a person for nothing beyond perhaps asking what he was up to he'd be alive. He's not dead because he was black, he's dead because he was a violent young man & it caught up with him.

Really? You're sticking with that pile of crap are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 07:54 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Neighborhood watch is always "trying to do the right thing." Hell, that's a no brainer. No one disputes that. It's the stuff that happens later that's the problem.

All i know is that an innocent kid is dead regardless of what Zimmerman was trying to do. And that kid SHOULDN'T be dead. Now that he is dead, we've got a big ass problem, and somebody has to pay.
How do you figure a person that attacks another is innocent or that a person defending himself from the attack of another needs to pay? From my view the debt was paid when the young man died. IMHO it really doesnt matter what you are doing, if somebody attacks you you have a right to defend yourself in any situation.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:55 AM

133 posts, read 192,367 times
Anyway Im cant change your mind. I have a pistol license I believe in the right to carry. Just not by a yahoo with a history of violence. I heard the 911 tape where the lady was crying about what was going on. Kid screaming , gunshots , no more screaming. So my logical mind tells me that ole crazy over here , follwed the kid , (becasue he was following him on the 911 tape) confronted him (becasue he has some craziness going on with the,, these c--ns punks watever always get away. who is that mad at someone they dont know ) started a fight (because he said he fought the kid ) and then shot him cuz he cant fight and he was losing. No I dont know but logically to me it makes so much sense.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:56 AM

133 posts, read 192,367 times
Quote:
The bottom line is if the young man had acted like a decent person instead of running away like he was guilty & then assaulting a person for nothing beyond perhaps asking what he was up to he'd be alive. He's not dead because he was black, he's dead because he was a violent young man & it caught up with him.

So he ran annnnd assaulted him. Wow so i should get shot because I am a kid , I dont know u and you are following me? So I run. You don't know me but already hate me ("these fn punks always get away), and want to punish me .What pray tell is indecent about that. If I ran away how did you shoot me if you werent stalking me like Bronson lol.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreehat View Post
Hello Eddie,

My skin is dark, so I gots to live in a jungle?

If somebody is preparing to shoot you, in my world it is perfectly acceptable to beat that somebody's head against the concrete.

Maybe I don't live in the civilized world where it is perfectly acceptable to kill unarmed children.
Thing is there is nothing to suggest that he knew Zimmerman even had a gun, let alone was preparing to shoot. Had he had his gun drawn chances are the young man, he WAS NOT a kid, would have stopped & acted much differently, as would you or anyone else. People dont attack other people who have guns pointed at them.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
How do you figure a person that attacks another is innocent or that a person defending himself from the attack of another needs to pay? From my view the debt was paid when the young man died. IMHO it really doesnt matter what you are doing, if somebody attacks you you have a right to defend yourself in any situation.

He was told by the 911 dispatcher not to pursue the kid, he did anyway. He put himself in that situation, and a 17 year old kid died because of it.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
But the stalker can respond by shooting?
Anybody being beaten can respond with deadly force if they think its needed. Theres a big difference between defending yourself AFTER an attack has been made on your person and going on the offensive before violence is commited on your person.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Really? You're sticking with that pile of crap are you?
If reality is a pile of crap to you so be it. You arent alone, there are obviously many idiots out there.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
He was told by the 911 dispatcher not to pursue the kid, he did anyway. He put himself in that situation, and a 17 year old kid died because of it.
A 911 dispatcher will tell you to go to a safe room & let your wife get raped too. Regardless of his actions he was put in a situation to defend himself & he did. It makes no difference how he got there. A 17 year old young man died because he thought it better to run away & then attack than to act in a normal peacable manner. Trayvon seems to have been the one who took it from a verbal confrontation to a physical one and he paid the price.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
If reality is a pile of crap to you so be it. You arent alone, there are obviously many idiots out there.

I call crap when I see it, and it's crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies