Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 03:21 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,921 times

Advertisements

We Just Built Skynet in the Desert, Now What? | Endless Innovation | Big Think

This digital "pocket litter" that each of us leaves behind to us may sound harmless – but that's until all of this highly unstructured data gets dumped into a supercomputer capable of mining all this data and producing patterns and insights. This “pocket litter” is no longer trash once it can be used to construct ever-more precise profiles of everyday civilians and predict future behaviors.

If stuff like this doesn't wake up the American people I don't know what will. By 2015 we will have thousands of drones slated to be flying over US cities...................I wake up everyday listening to the idiotic and downright ignorant banter between liberals and conservatives, right left, blah blah blah............as if EITHER SIDE is really any different?

Come on Americans...........we are still a smart, capable, country. This is NOT how I pictured our legacy coming to an end..........awash in corruption, tyranny, and treason from those that are supposed to be serving us and protecting our freedoms? What f'ing country am I living in? Pakistan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 03:23 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
This digital "pocket litter" that each of us leaves behind to us may sound harmless – but that's until all of this highly unstructured data gets dumped into a supercomputer capable of mining all this data and producing patterns and insights. This “pocket litter” is no longer trash once it can be used to construct ever-more precise profiles of everyday civilians and predict future behaviors.
Just ask, Obama loses by a landslide.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Just ask, Obama loses by a landslide.

And we replace him with another clown of a President? It's not about Obama. He's a puppet......while people like you slug it out in the trenches of political ideology the CIA, Pentagon, NSA, Wallstreet banks hijack your country and destroy your freedoms. The POTUS means nothing nowadays. Nor does the voting process.

The Real Mitt Romney - YouTube

THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT! The entire US government needs to be disbanded. You know what you do when you have a corrupt police force in a city? When it gets bad enough you go through and get rid of EVERY LAST officer, captain, up through the ranks etc. That needs to happen at the Federal and State level. Clean house and mandatory term limits. None of this lifetime reelection crap ala John McCain and Barbara Boxer/Ted Kennedy.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:34 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
And we replace him with another clown of a President? It's not about Obama. He's a puppet......while people like you slug it out in the trenches of political ideology the CIA, Pentagon, NSA, Wallstreet banks hijack your country and destroy your freedoms. The POTUS means nothing nowadays. Nor does the voting process.

THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT! The entire US government needs to be disbanded. You know what you do when you have a corrupt police force in a city? When it gets bad enough you go through and get rid of EVERY LAST office, captain, etc. That needs to happen at the Federal and State level. Clean house and mandatory term limits. None of this lifetime reelection crap ala John McCain and Barbara Boxer/Ted Kennedy.
With very few exceptions, you're absolutely correct.

Once they get elected, they go through an indoctrination and come out different people.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:34 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
You know, they've been doing this kind of thing for decades. The installation in Utah is just another tool in the box.

As for the drones, there is NO difference between them and manned aircraft. NONE. You seem to have attached some significance to an unmanned aircraft that you didn't also attach to a manned aircraft, and that only demonstrates that you haven't really thought your position through very well.

That said, I don't like that the government is data mining, but my point is that it's not anything new. I'd like to know where your outrage about it has been for the last three or four decades.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:35 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
Brangelina??? Who cares about that??

Old 04-26-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You know, they've been doing this kind of thing for decades. The installation in Utah is just another tool in the box.

As for the drones, there is NO difference between them and manned aircraft. NONE. You seem to have attached some significance to an unmanned aircraft that you didn't also attach to a manned aircraft, and that only demonstrates that you haven't really thought your position through very well.

That said, I don't like that the government is data mining, but my point is that it's not anything new. I'd like to know where your outrage about it has been for the last three or four decades.

Well considering I've only been alive for the past three decades and only about half that time I've had access to the internet I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start as far as being informed as I possibly can about how corrupt and tyrannical my government is!!!!!!!!!!

There is a HUGE diffference between manned and unmanned aircraft! you actually need thinking, warm, bodies to sit inside one vs. the other. And that makes a big difference. You can build THOUSANDS of tiny drones every year and you don't need the bodies to fill them. And they cost about 1/10th of what a regular manned aircraft does. They can fly at much lower altitudes without being noticed.

The pace and scope at which drones and facilities like this can access and process data IS SOMETHING NEW!!!!!!!!!! That's the point! Doh!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
With very few exceptions, you're absolutely correct.

Once they get elected, they go through an indoctrination and come out different people.

I disagree........they are groomed WELL before they ever get into office. Romney comes from a political family. Obama was a protege of old Zbigniew and well we all know the Bush family's legacy...........

If they aren't groomed by Wallstreet, their own family, or some other "institution" they'll never even be a blip on the political radar. That's what the American voting system has come down to. That and mega bucks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies