Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 PM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times

Advertisements

Hey, I know how to get rid of Rush Limbaugh...turn OFF the damn radio or change the station.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So he's fat, or at least has had a weight problem in the past. Who cares? Compared to me OP, you are likely overweight because I am a marathon runner, and generally an exercise nut with a thin body-type to begin with. But am I going to go calling you a blimp? No, I got over that sort of thing somewhere around 5th grade. Hope you eventually grow up and get over it too.
All the great info and truth in that op and thats all you can come up with.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:13 PM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
What the hell is loosing? Aside from the bad grammar and spelling, very intelligent post.

Seriously, I think Rush occasionally has some valid points, but he appears to appeal the dumbest segment of society. The comments on the internet from his defenders are evidence of such
And I suppose Bill Maher appeals just to the elitist segment of the society.

There are people from all walks of life that listen to Rush and Maher. From intelligent to uneducated, from rich to poor. It all depends on what you do with the information you get from these guys. It's a free country. If you don't like one of these guys, just don't listen. It's simple.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:49 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
And I suppose Bill Maher appeals just to the elitist segment of the society.

There are people from all walks of life that listen to Rush and Maher. From intelligent to uneducated, from rich to poor. It all depends on what you do with the information you get from these guys. It's a free country. If you don't like one of these guys, just don't listen. It's simple.
The leftist attack dogs who come on here to make their one sentence posts about Rush-the-drug-addict, Rush-the-fat-loudmouth, Rush-the-racist, etc. have one goal in mind and that is to shut down political speech they disagree with. Their ultimate goal is to rid the public arena of all who oppose them. The First Amendment is a thorn under their saddles.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:59 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
Rush limbaugh is a complete moron and I can't imagine an educated person buying into his paranoid view of the world.
And what are your sources for political opinions, if any?

Old 04-27-2012, 05:02 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's the point, he appeals to the uneducated and easily misled GOP fools.
If only we were as smart as people like you !

Old 04-27-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
There you go. Calll him fat, call him a druggie, false accusations of child abuse. But the thread wasn't complete without 'call him racist.' Let it all out, now you feel better.
We know many on here who "claim" to be so smart and predicted hoe sson rush would be off the air are just a bunch of blow hard cowards.

I posted a wager stating if he was off the air after 1 month ( when the fluke story came out) as many proclaimed, I would stay off C-D for a year. If he stayed on the air the person/s who accepted the wager, would stay off for a year.

Surprise, surprise, not ONE Rush hater was willing to back up their boasts.

Most are just a bunch of hot air.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:15 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
The facts far outweigh your fairy-tale.

There is one; ONLY ONE universal indicator of success that is used around the globe.

The bottom line = $$$ - RUSH IS a huge success 600 radio stations.

Please provide your list of how many you are on??

what is your bottom line?? (well below the poverty level).
Please, making a crapload of money does not necessarily mean good. There are countless examples of this everywhere. If all you care about is money, then sure, he's a success. But if you look beyond that, you see he's a complete failure at life. That a single person takes in this guys ideas and says "yeah that's about right" is sickening.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
All the great info and truth in that op and thats all you can come up with.

Now it's not all I can come up with, not by a long shot. However I do find it telling that lefties put so much stock in making fun of Limbaugh's weight. This is what we've come to. Ben Franklin was a heavy guy but in all my reading about him I don't remember people back then being focused on his weight. Back then it was more about ideas.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
If only we were as smart as people like you !
Correction, If we were only as smart as he THINKS he is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies