Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Do you have proof that this is his FB name?
It was his Twitter account.....same difference.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86809463/T...e-Daily-Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 09:14 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Also happens to be the name of a gang in New Orleans. Look them up on youtube.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 PM

566 posts, read 958,262 times
It's funny how people talk about how Trayvon was a "thug", but yet, all he had on him was some candy and iced tea. A legit thug would have had a gun or knife on his person at all times.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,782 times
Quote:

Trayvon Martin's "NO_LIMIT_*****" Tweets -- The Daily Caller
Thanx Im still having trouble figuring out how to post links. It was his twitter account sorry thought it was fb

Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Try to picture this if you can.

You are 17. You are walking to the home of your parent's friend after a store run for some candy and a drink.

Out of nowhere some older guy who looks agitated and focused starts following you. You speed up and he speeds up. You start running.

He cuts you off and you see he has a gun.

He tries to stop you from running.

You no longer exist.
I think it is ironic that you mention Trayvon and then list what you think happened instead of what really happened and then ask people how they would feel in this make-believe scenario... if you want to make up stuff... I guess, I can try it out too

You are the Neighborhood Watch on duty tonight... there have been several break-ins from the surrounding communities and tensions are on edge that the burglars will hurt someone or worse in the process...

You are well-liked in the community because you keep the neighborhood safe.

One night on patrol, you see a person who you never saw before. You wave him down to see if he is lost or perhaps a burglar.

You notified the police of the situation and he proceeds to run away with his hands holding something in his pockets.

He runs across a lawn, forcing you to ditch your vehicle but that was his plan!

You lost him in a dark area and feel unsafe so you start going back and suddenly you feel your head slammed against the concrete sidewalk as he tackles you and wails on you with a flurry of punches.

You tell him that you are the Neighborhood Watch and have called the police. He flashes gang signs in your face and spots your gun.

He starts tugging on your gun and tells you he is going kill you.

The adrenaline is rushing and you manage to push him off. You pull out the gun and pointed to him. You tell him to stay away but he charges at you anyway.

You both struggle with the gun and then it goes off. Luckily it wasn't you that was killed. You sat there hurt and confused before the police arrive.

I like making up stuff too... don't you?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
It's funny how people talk about how Trayvon was a "thug", but yet, all he had on him was some candy and iced tea. A legit thug would have had a gun or knife on his person at all times.
Tru dat!!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:28 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
I didn't know that there are "legit" thugs and ones that aren't "legit"... and I didn't know the definition of a thug is a person who carries a knife or gun... silly me...

Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
The shooting occured at 7pm, I don't know about you, but I was rarely never at school at 7pm. Trayvon was also about a half a block from his father's home. Shame on him.
Zimmerman just took out the garbage.

Trayvon was a thug, nothing more.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Quote:
If black parents would teach their kids to avoid ebonics and thug chatter, it would go a long way in diffusing black stereotypes. Take a look at Trayvon's vernacular and tell me he doesn't strike you as a misguided individual veering off the tracks to thugdom.

Trayvon Martin's "NO_LIMIT_*****" Tweets -- The Daily Caller
This is the most ridulous statement. First, there are parents of every culture that that have issues. Did you say that about the many white men that went on shooting sprees at VT, malls and work places? I doubt that you did. So stop trying to judge the black race when every race has good and bad. That makes you sound very misguided and I'm offended by your insensitive comment!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
This thread is pure speculation. No one has an accurate timeline version of events for that night. All we know is that Zimmerman and Martin argued, Martin ended up on top of Zimmerman and banged his head on the ground, and Zimmerman shot him. Anything else that happened is anyone's guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies