Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 06:59 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
He was charged and arrest. That's what my previous post said. The arrest were mysterious closed. Why? Dad is a judge!

The North Mobile Post › Judge Questioning Zimmerman Over Funds Raised On Website
or maybe there was nothing to it. I've looked at that link, which is commentary, and it has nothing about him assaulting a police officer. msnbc's report doesn't even include it.
U.S. News - George Zimmerman: Prelude to the shooting of Trayvon Martin

I hear the kid was suspended, for 10 days, for assaulting a school bus driver. He was a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 06:59 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
So, Is he going to be taxed on the amount of money he raises?
That is an interesting question and one that hadn't occurred to me.

I haven't read all the responses yet but I'd be interested in whether or not these monetary donations are considered taxable income or not.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:01 PM

If you are still here, single, can you explain to me why Zimmerman had to apologize for apologizing to the Martin's?????? I thought it was a nice gesture.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
or maybe there was nothing to it. I've looked at that link, which is commentary, and it has nothing about him assaulting a police officer. msnbc's report doesn't even include it.
U.S. News - George Zimmerman: Prelude to the shooting of Trayvon Martin

I hear the kid was suspended, for 10 days, for assaulting a school bus driver. He was a problem.
Don't believe everything you hear.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

I haven't read all the responses yet but I'd be interested in whether or not these monetary donations are considered taxable income or not.
oh for Pete's sake, what is wrong with you people?
I can't take it, I'm done here.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:05 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,419,953 times
Me too!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:06 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,539 times
Quote:
Now you want to use the legal positiom. That's funny when you don't use the same legal terminology for Trayvon. Again, Zimmerman has a violent past that has been documented in his criminal record. You can deny it all you want but it's there.
First: I am referring to the person who is charged and may be on trial, what legal terminology would I be using for Trayvon... Second: I have never "denied" anything about GZ, not possible because I do not know him personally nor am I related to him. Third: in reviewing GZ's past arrests in the court documents, my opinion is: much has been overly exaggerated about his record...if you read the actual court documents and the LE statements you may be singing a different tune...Judge Lester having all the details of GZ's records obviously understood the difference between a true Violent Offender and an immature 21 year old college student...

Old 04-28-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Hard to say how the IRS will handle this...as gifts? maybe no tax...as income?...is there tax on donations to individuals?

I know Casey Anthony was hit up for about 80K in taxes from the 200K she received from ABC for "licensing fees"...

Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Right! I'm done debating with the Zimmerman supporters. They believe the media about Trayvon. But when it comes to Zimmerman aka Hearsay crap, convictions etc. he is a stand up citizen that hasn't been charged with assaulting a cop. They twist the account of witness from multiple sources including neighbors and co workers about Zimmerman violent past. The blind can not be lead in this case.

They denied the fact that the police lied about Zimmerman having a criminal record which was reduced if he completed a rehab program for alcohol. They deny the fact Zimmerman had a violence past in assaulting a police officer. Maybe some of these charges was reduced because his father was a judge and he used that to his advantage. It has happened before in America.
Just so you know I don't believe any of the hearsay or what the media spews about either Trayvon or George...And if you think about what you just posted, you are the ONE who is "blind" and believing what the media spews and hearsay... think about it...

Old 04-28-2012, 07:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Given what we know about each person involved I have NO trouble saying Trayvon, while maybe not trash, was into thug culture & liked the notorioty, until it was too late. Zimmerman on the other hand was a decent enough citizen to be able to get a carry permit & be involved in his community.
and which one was arrested?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies