Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,191,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeManGuy207 View Post
no man, about the shooting. i could care less about the money.
Dude, that's in another thread...

Trayvon Martin Case Updates: 2 Judges Recuse, "graphic pictures" of Zimmerman's Injuries, Bond set at $150K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,672,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Do you have any idea how dangerous this little game of yours is? How many people will be afraid to defend themselves, for fear of this kind of consequence.
How emboldened the criminals must be feeling right now.
lollerskating

Old 04-27-2012, 01:39 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,535,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeManGuy207 View Post
can someone just please tell me

tell me what WE KNOW FOR SURE about the circumstances

break it down for me

PLEASE
You're so sure I am wrong, then turn around and ask this forum what happened?

George calls the cops after seeing a person acting suspiciously, thinking about his neighbors concern over a recent span of burglary's. He's trying to keep track of this person, so the police can talk to him. He is told he doesn't need to follow him, he returns to his car and is confronted by Trayvon who proceeds to beat on him, suffocate him, then grab for his gun. George, while screaming for help, gets the gun and shoots. The police come, George explains what happened, gets medical treatment at some point, and then is taken to the police station. They get his statements on record, and let him go. Then all hell breaks loose, because Trayvon was young and black. Racists want to turn him into the innocent victim, when he was the aggressor.
Yes, this is George Zimmerman's story, which evidence corroborates. There is no evidence to the contrary! None!

What the racists refuse to acknowledge is that George Zimmerman was also a minority, a mix of races including black. Two young black girls spent a lot of time with his family, they were treated like family. George had opened his own business with a black partner. He is a democrat and probably an Obama supporter. You are tarring one of your own.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 AM

12,268 posts, read 6,428,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
His family doesn't have this money, it's set aside for his legal fees. If he was destitute, the state would be providing an attorney that taxpayers would be paying for. He wants to pay his own way, which is a responsible thing to do. Good for him, wish I had some money to contribute. He doesn't deserve any of this crap. His family can't even testify in person, because of the threats. Shame on you people for stirring up this lynchmob mentality.
He deserves all of this crap and shame on those who would like to see him on Mt. Rushmore.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:56 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,765,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
O'Mara said his defense of GZ could be as high as 1 mil... snip from CNN "O'Mara, who said he charges $400 per hour for family law cases, estimated Zimmerman's defense costs could reach $1 million. "You can really go through a lot of money on a case like this, with the intensity of it," he said"

Why is GZ's attorney telling Anderson Cooper? His first obligation is to his client and then the judge, why is he running his mouth!

My first impression of his attorney was his seemingly lack of confidence in his client, I let up once I watched the hearing, but now it would seem that he is talking too much to the media...this revelation should have been saved for tomorrow's hearing in front of the judge, not in front of the camera...

GZ has a lot of explaining to do if his paypal account shows that the money was in there before he went to jail...

CNN O'Mara on Anderson Cooper
No different that his former "team" of lawyers. They want their 15 minutes of fame.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,631,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
He had no money, created a website and after the public saw he was being railroaded they donated lots of gifts.
He's not running away and is ammasing a war chest for the cost of the trial. Good for him, what is the problem?
Not only that, but if his atty didn't know about the website, how dumb is he? Everybody else knew.

Or is this splitting hairs? Seems I recall the previous website was set up by his brother. Or something.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,366,484 times
I don't see this as a lie but a misunderstanding also he needs a legal defense fund not a paypal account.

I'd donate to his defense, what's happening to him is a travesty.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:24 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,001,574 times
Awesome!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:57 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,611,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
His lawyer assumed that he should work pro bono because Zimmerman and his family testified that he had no money for a legal defense. If the judge had known, he had this money set aside, of course the judge is going to be very upset. His website has been shut down. He needs to answer tomorrow in front of the judge to why he lied and allow his family to lie for him. Instead his lawyer will face the music unless they recall Zimmerman back and lock him up. His credibility will be questioned all the way at this point.
No he didn't lie...he wasn't aware of it at the time of the bail hearing...the judge will not have any issue...

Btw what about the Trevon family trying to benefit from their sons dead...that is really sick to me! But I guess Al Sharpton is not working for free, although we all know that Al Sharpton doesn't pay taxes ...just another free loader acting like the good guy!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:59 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,159,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Zimmerman created a website to raise money for his legal fees. His attorney claims he just found out yesterday. The prosecution will ask to raise the bond. His legal defense could cost 500k-1 million.

The judge will be told tomorrow about this and I don't think the judge will be happy about the dishonest fact that his defense and family told the judge he had no money.

Can Zimmerman be trusted after this lie? He allowed his own family to testify saying he has no money. His whole story should be questioned.

Attorney: Zimmerman had $200K from web donations

the trial should be over in 1 day. innocent on all counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies