Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Reputation: 4269

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It actually is a "brainer."

Businesses hire employees when the need employees to perform work that they need done -- not because the government lowered their taxes. Right now, businesses are sitting on 203 trillion dollars in savings. What makes you think that lowering their taxes, giving them more money, will suddenly make them invest?

===========================
On the meme that government doesn't create jobs: Government spending is part of GDP and government workers have jobs. Government pays teachers, firemen, policemen, etc., are every bit employed as are privately employed lap-dancers.

Moreover, when government invests in projects, it contracts with companies that hire other employees.

Because of the economic downturn. local governments have been reducing employees. Private job growth is way up and the total numbers are depressed by government reductions.



Would this Department of Labor that made the pretty graphs be the same Department of Labor that has tried to keep farm kids from working on the farm. They had to give in on that one today. Poor souls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 PM
 
2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Reputation: 999
There will be loads of job openings come January of 2013, and republicans and independents will have created all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I beg to differ. Most Americans want the govt. to create more jobs. Again I go back to your logic that true conservatives do not want the govt. involved in job creation and that any Republican who would advocate for govt. to be involved in job creation is not a conservative. By your definition we do not have not one Conservative in the Senate because every Republican Senator vote yes to the Jobs Act, which is designed for the govt. to help stimulate job creation.

The bill is called the JOBS ACT> Senate passes JOBS Act, with tweak - Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

The reason they are focusing on legislation designed to have the public believe they are interested in job creation is because they are not stupid. They know that it is required to get reelected.

So there are only two alternatives for the Senators that voted for the JOBS bills. They are either not conservative or they are simply liars who will say anything to get elected.
How many jobs will that bill create once the President gets back from this week's campaign speeches to sign it? I really wonder how many jobs outside the government itself the government can create. We don't have that collective running things yet, but keep on trying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
Obama's not raising taxes on the vast majority of Americans.
Then those penalties that uninsured people will get to pay after Obamacare goes into effect will really be fines, and not taxes? Come on and think about all the hidden taxes Obama has caused his people to hide here and there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2012, 01:06 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Reputation: 3554
How many people do corporations employ in this country? Are you seriously claiming that they are not job creators?

Ok, how many do bankers and stockbrokers create? And if you want to look at it that way, how many have they created overseas? Yes, they do create jobs, but it is up to the government as where they are created

I am still not sure what you are talking about with women's rights. Please be a little more specific as to what bills are currently in the pipeline that restrict women's rights.

A woman will not have the right to have adequate medical attention through planned parenthood if it is up to many of the republicans. I'm sure that you are aware of this ongoing battle



So you think major changes in the economic climate of a country happens immediately? Lowering taxes today creates environments which come to fruition years later, not immediately.

You are correct! It took bush and his cronies 8 years to undo the progress that clinton had.

Claiming that lowered taxes caused slow economic growth simply because they happened at the same time is the same as saying a polar bear must be all black because it's nose is.

That would depend on WHOSE taxes are actually being lowered
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
How many? That would be zero. They have all been given the attention they deserved.
But Dirty Harry determined that and not one committee got to even look at any of them. No committed decisions and no debate so how do you know about what was in any of them? Whoops, I forgot where you get your information about Democrat decisions. Where is that, anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 PM
 
12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Reputation: 3159
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I guess it's how you see things, right? I see it as Republicans doing what they can to create jobs in the private sector by creating the environment to do so. Quite frankly, I think it was a bit of political gamesmanship that they employed here. Yes, that gets tiring but it doesn't change the platform principles and I believe they followed those principles here.
What you call gamesmanship I call out in out lying. The Repulicans are lying. The issue that voters care most about is the economy. Is a lot easier to get elected if you say you are passing legislation that will create jobs.

As far as deregulation creating jobs, please show me a modern successfull economy that is not regulated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
 
48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Reputation: 18304
Altho Republicans can't get anyhting they pass thru the senate or signed by Obama;perhaps just look at what stopping the4 democrats in spending and policies has donwe for the jobs and the economy. It just shpows that even some stabilty can improve things verus no grow and anti-business policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2012, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Meggett, SC
11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Reputation: 6192
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
What you call gamesmanship I call out in out lying. The Repulicans are lying. The issue that voters care most about is the economy. Is a lot easier to get elected if you say you are passing legislation that will create jobs.

As far as deregulation creating jobs, please show me a modern successfull economy that is not regulated.
This is my frustration with this board and with both the left and right. The tendency to go to extremes all the time. It's a deregulation bill; it doesn't remove all regulations but some that are impeding job growth. The Republicans called it a jobs bill because they have the belief that lower regulations and less government intervention help the private sector create more jobs. That would be a pretty long title, so I am guessing a shortened version would be better. But again, who cares what it's called? What matters is what's in it.

Last edited by southbel; 04-27-2012 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: grammar - ack!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2012, 01:45 PM
 
58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Reputation: 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In 400+ Days The House GOP Has Voted To Kill 1.9 Million Jobs And Created 0

The GOP has passed legislation since they have taken control of the House, just none that has anything to do with job creation.

-Voted to repeal health care reform

-passed a bill to undermine our ability to provide a healthier environment for our children,

-Voted to protect taxpayer subsidies for Big Oil and speculators

-Voted to provide more tax cuts for millionaires, and protect tax breaks for corporations shipping jobs overseas

-Voted to cripple public radio stations

-Voted to cut off key federal funding for Planned Parenthood

-restricted how women with private insurance can spend private dollars in purchasing health insurance


In 200+ Days The House GOP Has Voted To Kill 1.9 Million Jobs And Created 0 (http://www.politicususa.com/in-200-days-the-house-gop-has-voted-to-kill-1-9-million-jobs-and-created-0/ - broken link)


Where are the jobs???
Therin lies the problem

The left believe it is the gov't's job to create jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:02 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top