Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times

Advertisements

>Apple beloved by liberals

No, Apple is beloved by the general public who aren't tech-saavy and will buy any shiny product that most others buy, regardless of whether or not said product is actually worth the money.

And t his liberal has n o problems with Wal-Mart. I use the place all the time to get fiberglass resin at ungodly hours in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 10:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Wal-Mart pays more in taxes than Apple yet Apple is beloved by liberals and Wal-Mart hated.

That's why I go to WalMart to buy American. I don't buy anything Apple 'made in China', and a company that keeps its international profits outside the U.S. tax system.
Wal Mart's "we sell American" policy changed years ago.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
>Apple beloved by liberals

No, Apple is beloved by the general public who aren't tech-saavy and will buy any shiny product that most others buy, regardless of whether or not said product is actually worth the money.

And t his liberal has n o problems with Wal-Mart. I use the place all the time to get fiberglass resin at ungodly hours in the morning.
Meh....i like Apple. It allowed me to rid myself of thousands of CD's, which made lots of room in my den. I've got about 11k songs stored on a single device and look forward to storing thousands of others. Music is the second most important thing to me outside of family.....so the IPOD alone had made my life amazingly better.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:18 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
You really believe Wal-Mart employees CHOOSE (by free-will) to remain non-union?
Yes. Not just a belief. A knowledge.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
On social issues I tend to be more moderate than liberal or conservative, and on financial matters I think I'm more of a conservative than moderate or liberal. Though I rarely shop at a Wal-Mart I believe the company has had a positive impact on our economy. I don't share the view of those who bash the company because its employees have chosen to remain non-union ... and I'm a supporter of organized labor. If the report that it pays more taxes in the USA than Apple then I say congratulations to Wal-Mart.
We are in agreement I've never been a Wal Mart downer. For a while it was the only general merchandise store we had in my area. The downtown of the little farm town turned suburb where it's located had dried up years earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Apple manufactures a wonderfully useful tool. Walmart sells crap. Runs small business owners out of business and treats their employees poorly What does any of this have to do with political alignment. I have a mac an I pad and I am using an I phone as I type and I am bi-partisan.
See above re: "runs small business owners out of business". I doubt WM treats its employees any worse than most other discout retailers, or even than the "Mom and Pops". You can be sure most employees of M&P stores don't have health insurance, benefits, a union, etc.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:42 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Yea.

But the left will never be intellectually honest about it.

It's not in heir DNA.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucamallix View Post
I really hate Walmart, but they do a better job of creating the illusion of low cost and a great job of tricking people into buying garbage that they don't need.
I don't hate them, but this illusion that they're somehow special among retailers is nonsense. They aren't....period, point blank. They don't have deals there that can't easily be found elsewhere. That's the simple truth.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:45 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
My iPhone is one of my favorite possessions, and I nearly cried with joy when a new Walmart opened across the street... I've already been there twice, and it's only been open about a month. Sorry, was I supposed to hate Walmart? Must have missed that memo.

I actually posted this photo on FB earlier, to express my happiness over its opening. *Bad liberal, no soup for you!!*

Old 04-28-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My iPhone is one of my favorite possessions, and I nearly cried with joy when a new Walmart opened across the street... I've already been there twice, and it's only been open about a month. Sorry, was I supposed to hate Walmart? Must have missed that memo.

I actually posted this photo on FB earlier, to express my happiness over its opening. *Bad liberal, no soup for you!!*
The OP is being over the top for effect. No one but a few fringe folks hate Walmart. But Conservatives have this thing where they feel better if things they like are somehow hated by liberals....even if liberals don't really hate it. That's when they invent the hate so that they can boost their esteem. No one gives a damn about Walmart one way or the other. Most folks are completely dispassionate about them.

I just don't buy this idea that as a retailer, they offer something that i can't easily get elsewhere. That's a lie....a big ass lie in fact. I rarely go into Walmart and i don't miss it. It's not that i PURPOSELY avoid Walmart, but even though i know the average Conservative finds this hard to believe, one can actually go through life without shopping there very often.

Sorry for the cognitive dissonance for the wing-nuts.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:53 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,927,812 times
Steve jobs was a liberal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies