Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 03:29 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama was GREAT at the White House corespondents dinner !!!

Absolutely LOVED his jokes !!!

I can't wait to vote for him again this November !!!!

Obama will WIN BIG over Romney in another LANDSLIDE victory ... the same as he did to John McCain !!!

Think about this .... McCain beat Romney in 2008 as the Republican nominee. Obama proceeded to slaughter McCain. Do you actually believe Romney now has even the SLIGHTEST chance of beating Obama ???
There was no slaughter of McCain, he stepped aside and gave him the win. Probably the plan all along. Same with Hillary, gushing over how honored she was to be in his presence. The whole damn election was a farce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 03:32 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
That was all before the people that voted for him realized what an absolute POS he'd be as President. Face it pal...the media and Obama snow-jobbed you.

Rather than admit your mistake, you seem bent on making it again. Brilliant!
Only one-third of voters say they can relate to Mr. Romney, while nearly half say they can relate to Mr. Obama.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/19/us...pagewanted=all

Guess nearly 1/2 of all voters disagree with what you just said. That's a lot of people. More than 130 million voted. So that would be like almost half of 130 million people think what you just said is bananas.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:34 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Only one-third of voters say they can relate to Mr. Romney, while nearly half say they can relate to Mr. Obama.

Guess nearly 1/2 of all voters disagree with what you just said.
NY Times? hahahahaha

Thanks for making me laugh.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:36 PM

749 posts, read 838,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Guess nearly 1/2 of all voters disagree with what you just said. That's a lot of people. More than 130 million voted. So that would be like almost half of 130 million people think what you just said is bananas.
Oh I'm absolutely sure liberals can relate to Obama, just as a fly can relate to a mound of horse****.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:41 PM

1,738 posts, read 767,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
There was no slaughter of McCain, he stepped aside and gave him the win. Probably the plan all along. Same with Hillary, gushing over how honored she was to be in his presence. The whole damn election was a farce.
OMG...you did NOT just go there...guess you did..guess you also forgot about...HANGING CHADS.....yeah...Now THAT "election" no make that..actually there is no word strong enough...

Old 04-29-2012, 04:01 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
You live in NYC. Do you know nothing of farm animals? Most cows, especially calves, are dumber than a box of rocks. There are definitely some exceptions. Most breeds of pigs are extremely dumb and live only to roll in mud and sh*t.
IMO, and many other's, dogs are much smarter and are bred for companionship. Therefore the cows and pigs are the ones we should eat, God (or Budah or Mother nature or Allah or insert answer here) created them for our consumption.

Goat is also perfectly acceptable.
In my 30 years on this planet I've lived in NYC for exactly 6 months. I've been around a few cows, and yes, they seem dumb. I totally disagree with your pig statement though. If those breeds seem to live only to roll in mud and ****, it's because they were born in mud and **** and knew nothing else in the 7 months they were alive before being slaughtered.

And the point of my post was not to make relative judgments about the intelligence of animals. That's an incredibly hard thing to judge. There are many kinds of intelligences and many ways to measure such intelligences, both of which are extremely hard things to judge in animals. As such, it seems ridiculous to say that certain animals were "meant" to be eaten and others were not "meant" to be eaten. Such judgements seem to me to be arbitrary and based more on personal affections, cuteness, and a continuance of whatever tradition that person comes from.

He are my 3 basic criterion for consumable animals:

1) Only tasty animals should be eaten
2) Only plentiful, non-threatened or non-endangered animals should be eaten
3) Evolutionarily close relatives of Humans - in other words other primates - should not be eaten for health reasons

Old 04-29-2012, 04:05 PM

26 posts, read 61,498 times
I caught just the president's monologue last night and I found it to be very funny. I thought he did a great job and I especially enjoyed seeing Michelle's face when the camera cut to her.

Oh, and just so you all know, I am a pit bull owner, a dog lover and I don't particularly care for Obama as a president but I still thought it was funny.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:15 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
In my 30 years on this planet I've lived in NYC for exactly 6 months. I've been around a few cows, and yes, they seem dumb. I totally disagree with your pig statement though. If those breeds seem to live only to roll in mud and ****, it's because they were born in mud and **** and knew nothing else in the 7 months they were alive before being slaughtered.

And the point of my post was not to make relative judgments about the intelligence of animals. That's an incredibly hard thing to judge. There are many kinds of intelligences and many ways to measure such intelligences, both of which are extremely hard things to judge in animals. As such, it seems ridiculous to say that certain animals were "meant" to be eaten and others were not "meant" to be eaten. Such judgements seem to me to be arbitrary and based more on personal affections, cuteness, and a continuance of whatever tradition that person comes from.

He are my 3 basic criterion for consumable animals:

1) Only tasty animals should be eaten
2) Only plentiful, non-threatened or non-endangered animals should be eaten
3) Evolutionarily close relatives of Humans - in other words other primates - should not be eaten for health reasons
My pig statement is absolutely correct. Ask any pig farmer. But I do agree with nurture vs. Nature (in most cases) .

And I totally agree with your last 3 points.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Jokes that sucked, and some that were misogynistic. Where are the feminists?
Good point. Where are the NaziFems?

His timing was pretty good. The jokes...not so good. Just dumb. And the opening bit with him flushing was just plain pathetic.

The best joke of the evening was the one where Kimmel defined 'term'.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:33 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama was GREAT at the White House corespondents dinner !!!

Absolutely LOVED his jokes !!!

I can't wait to vote for him again this November !!!!

Obama will WIN BIG over Romney in another LANDSLIDE victory ... the same as he did to John McCain !!!

Think about this .... McCain beat Romney in 2008 as the Republican nominee. Obama proceeded to slaughter McCain. Do you actually believe Romney now has even the SLIGHTEST chance of beating Obama ???

So you vote for a president who tells jokes you like

You are definetely on the list of the growing number of dumb Americans......I figure you fit somewhere between Snooki and Octomom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies