Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:38 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

update on the story:

Suspect in Salt Lake City store stabbings in jail a week earlier | The Salt Lake Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 02:51 PM

749 posts, read 838,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
LMAO. Hell, he would be hiding behind the cans of peas.
Yup...behind the canned goods peaing his pants.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:57 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
More on him...homeless with a criminal record.

Man uses concealed weapon to stop stabbing spree, police say he likely saved lives - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News
His crimes began simple, but slowly escalated to dangerous levels.

His crimes include:
Theft, January 2012
Sexual Battery and Lewdness, October 2011
Attempted Assault against Police Officer, September 2011
Attempted Aggravated Assault, March 2011
Poss of Drug Paraphernalia & Attempted Poss or use of controlled substance, April 2009
False info to Police Officer, Drive on Suspended License, July 2004
Criminal Trespass, August 2000.
I haven't read past this, but I'm waiting for some leftie to say "Likely" COULD have saved lives. Had he been allowed, he may have reconsidered and stopped the mayhem!"

Maybe the people should have handed him a questionnaire asking him how many he wanted to stab?

Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,959 times
Here in Panama City, Fl a man with a Machatte attacked 4 police officers, at first they tried to talk him into submitting but he refused. The man has a past of fighting officers and tasers did not work on him in the past, this time he pulled a machatte and started chasing the police finally one of the officers ended it with a gun before anyone was slashed.
Now the idiots in town are wondering why the police officer could not have just shot the machatte out of his hand while he was running and chasing the police around.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:00 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Here in Panama City, Fl a man with a Machatte attacked 4 police officers, at first they tried to talk him into submitting but he refused. The man has a past of fighting officers and tasers did not work on him in the past, this time he pulled a machatte and started chasing the police finally one of the officers ended it with a gun before anyone was slashed.
Now the idiots in town are wondering why the police officer could not have just shot the machatte out of his hand while he was running and chasing the police around.
It's amazing just how many stoopid people are out there....way too much really bad TV. Our CCW instructor was telling us about a case he was familiar with. Seems the jury was in deliberations and sent a note out asking the same thing, why didn't the shooter (don't remember if it was LEO or CCW) just shoot the weapon out of the bad guy's hand. Apparently the judge was not amused!

Old 04-29-2012, 06:26 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's amazing just how many stoopid people are out there....way too much really bad TV. Our CCW instructor was telling us about a case he was familiar with. Seems the jury was in deliberations and sent a note out asking the same thing, why didn't the shooter (don't remember if it was LEO or CCW) just shoot the weapon out of the bad guy's hand. Apparently the judge was not amused!
We don't need guns if we just levitate bad guys to a rooftop until they cool down. Yea!!! That's the ticket!!! In fact, they inven.... I invented a levitation device... Yea!!! That's the ticket!!!

Proof that if you have a jury full of television viewers they might just throw a citizen off the island for stopping a crime.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Many people do not realize, that over 2.5 million crimes every year are stopped or prevented by a legally armed citizen, (DOJ statistics).

Additionally, the police are a reactionary force, and respond to a call, and are not always just hanging around when needed.

I can honestly say that years ago, I was one of the 2.5 million, and my neighbor was damned glad I was legally armed. The person however who had broken into their home, and was burglarizing it, was not happy, especially since it was his third time, AND he was armed. All's well that ends well, he was put away, and I didn't have to waste a round on him, and my neighbor didn't have to clean up any mess, other than the damage that was done by the burglar.

And now, how many people have heard about Kennesaw Ga. They actually passed a law years ago requiring every head of household to be armed and have ammo, UNLESS they were against having a weapon, or legally unable to own one. One of the lowest violent crime rates in the nation, ranked one of the top 10 places to raise a family, a city with consistent growth. A far cry from what all the people were saying when the city first passed the law, whining there would be pitched gun battles in the street, and it was headed back to the wild west times.
Just a little add on.. Kennesaw Ga is a suburb of Atlanta which has a high crime rate... Typically crime spills over into the suburbs, but it doesn't in Kennesaw... I wonder why...

Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
Quote:
What is with all these Asians going crazy and killing people? It seems like we have been getting more of that lately. I used to think Asians were the "model" minority. Looks like that stereotype is no longer true.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:16 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So you think only those who get paid to carry a gun have firearms skills? Seriously? If so you are oblivious to the number of cops who only shoot every year to pass their qual. course requirements. Most cops are not "people of the gun". On the otherhand, many CCW holders take the responsibility much more seriously and train much more often with their firearms than do many LEOs, I don't don't mean just plinking at the range in the backyard either, I mean serious training with well qualified instructors.
No joke! During deer, quail, and turkey season I out shoot on average most every LEO I know. They are HORRIBLE shots, I am talking missing at POINT BLANK RANGE. There is a reason it's called point blank range, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Easy access to firearms plays no role? Get real.
Nope, Look at Kennesaw Ga VS DC. Kennesaw hase VERY encouraging 'liberal' gun laws and VERY little crime, while on the reverse, DC has uber strict gun laws and rife with crime. I have personally seen the same scenario play out all across the country.

No criminal in their RIGHT mind want to attack ANY target that can and will attack back. It's much easier and much less dangerous for the criminal to attack easy prey. They are like coyotes that way, opportunistic predators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I know, and that's a really sad statistic. When I was active duty, I carried an expert rating both pistol and rifle, and re-qualified every year. Of course I hit the range weekly. If I ever had to use my weapon, I was going to darn well hit what I was aiming to hit.
Same here. USMC expert pistol and rifle X4. Not to mention countless whitetail, turkey, coyote, rabbit, raccoon, quail, phesant, duck, and goose.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Jeasus H. Crimminy Christ on a Cracker! What do these type of morons think? That every LEO is Annie Freakin' Okeley or something?!

Old 04-29-2012, 08:25 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
The range I use is where the DEA, FBI, ICE, Border Patrol, and all the rest of the alphabet qualify and train.. None of the agencies I have seen have been very proficient all in all at the range.. Makes you wonder what they will do if they ever have to actually use their weapon....

Last edited by freightshaker; 04-29-2012 at 08:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies