Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:45 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,277,801 times

Advertisements

I want to know. Let's do some fact checking here. Keep your opinions to yourselves and let's practice using logic and referenced data.

From Social Security Facts - A Noir World

Virtually no one understands how Social Security works. We’ve allowed our politicians to label it an “Entitlement” program lumped in with welfare. Your Social Security is not welfare. There are no tax monies spent on Social Security. It all comes from your check. The information I’m presenting is from the government SS web site you can find here.
http://www.ssa.gov/finance/2010/Fina...Statements.pdf
*Keep in mind your Social Security is broken into two programs - Old Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) and Disability Insurance (DI). These combine into the overall program, SSA. Now read this:

“Daily deposits received by the OASI and DI which are not required to meet current expenditures are invested in interest bearing obligations of the U.S. government”.

This tells us weekly surplus money is used to buy Treasury Bills. In other words, the government immediately removes extra money and replaces it with an I.O.U. No matter how much you pay into the system, only the EXACT amount needed to write checks this week remains.

Now read this under Section 5 of the report:

“The U.S. Treasury does not set aside financial assets to cover its liabilities associated with the OASI and DI trust funds. The cash received from the OASI and DI trust funds for investment in these securities is used by the U.S. Treasury for general Government purposes”.*

It’s telling us the money borrowed from your Social Security is spent as general tax revenue. You are paying money into a retirement system but the Government spends everything not needed this week by issuing you an I.O.U. The Government borrows your money, leaves you a Treasury Bill, and then immediately spends what they borrowed.

Section 5 goes on to say:

“When the OASI and DI trust funds require redemption of these securities to make expenditures, the Government finances those expenditures out of accumulated cash balances, by raising taxes, by borrowing from the public, or repaying less debt”.

It’s telling you they took your retirement money, left you an I.O.U. and will now have to divert Federal Income Tax money to pay you back.*

How much money has the Government borrowed from your retirement system? Section 5 tells us:

“SSA’s investment in Special-Issue U.S. Treasury Securities is $2.586 Trillion as of Sept. 30, 2010”.

Now you know the truth. Rather than being nearly bankrupt as our politicians claim, your Social Security system is over $2.5 Trillion over-funded. The Government borrowed that amount because it was not needed.*

Why are we being lied to about the dire financial shape of the system? Because the Government spent your retirement and they don’t want to pay it back. Neither party is willing to raise taxes or cut other spending to repay your I.O.U.s. Make no mistake, this money is yours. If you had a bond to cash but the bank said they’d rather spend your money on something else, would you allow it? No, you would not. You’d tell the bank they’d damn well better give you your money. We should not allow the Government to steal our retirement money either.

The Social Security System is in extremely strong financial shape. Anyone who says otherwise is lying by proof of the Government’s own SS financial reports. Our politicians are trying to steal it from us if we’ll allow it. Only a fool would pay into a retirement system for years and then let someone take it away. Are you are fool? Speak up when you hear the lies. Don’t let*bureaucrats attack a retirement you paid for with your hard earned labor.*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Last time I check, the government stopped ex-President Bush from converting to a 401k system which would of stopped the government theft... the liberals are dead set against a public 401k retirement plan to replace Social Security...

Old 04-29-2012, 12:52 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werone View Post
I want to know. Let's do some fact checking here. Keep your opinions to yourselves and let's practice using logic and referenced data.

From Social Security Facts - A Noir World

Virtually no one understands how Social Security works. We’ve allowed our politicians to label it an “Entitlement” program lumped in with welfare. Your Social Security is not welfare. There are no tax monies spent on Social Security. It all comes from your check. The information I’m presenting is from the government SS web site you can find here.
http://www.ssa.gov/finance/2010/Fina...Statements.pdf
*Keep in mind your Social Security is broken into two programs - Old Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) and Disability Insurance (DI). These combine into the overall program, SSA. Now read this:

“Daily deposits received by the OASI and DI which are not required to meet current expenditures are invested in interest bearing obligations of the U.S. government”.

This tells us weekly surplus money is used to buy Treasury Bills. In other words, the government immediately removes extra money and replaces it with an I.O.U. No matter how much you pay into the system, only the EXACT amount needed to write checks this week remains.

Now read this under Section 5 of the report:

“The U.S. Treasury does not set aside financial assets to cover its liabilities associated with the OASI and DI trust funds. The cash received from the OASI and DI trust funds for investment in these securities is used by the U.S. Treasury for general Government purposes”.*

It’s telling us the money borrowed from your Social Security is spent as general tax revenue. You are paying money into a retirement system but the Government spends everything not needed this week by issuing you an I.O.U. The Government borrows your money, leaves you a Treasury Bill, and then immediately spends what they borrowed.

Section 5 goes on to say:

“When the OASI and DI trust funds require redemption of these securities to make expenditures, the Government finances those expenditures out of accumulated cash balances, by raising taxes, by borrowing from the public, or repaying less debt”.

It’s telling you they took your retirement money, left you an I.O.U. and will now have to divert Federal Income Tax money to pay you back.*

How much money has the Government borrowed from your retirement system? Section 5 tells us:

“SSA’s investment in Special-Issue U.S. Treasury Securities is $2.586 Trillion as of Sept. 30, 2010”.

Now you know the truth. Rather than being nearly bankrupt as our politicians claim, your Social Security system is over $2.5 Trillion over-funded. The Government borrowed that amount because it was not needed.*

Why are we being lied to about the dire financial shape of the system? Because the Government spent your retirement and they don’t want to pay it back. Neither party is willing to raise taxes or cut other spending to repay your I.O.U.s. Make no mistake, this money is yours. If you had a bond to cash but the bank said they’d rather spend your money on something else, would you allow it? No, you would not. You’d tell the bank they’d damn well better give you your money. We should not allow the Government to steal our retirement money either.

The Social Security System is in extremely strong financial shape. Anyone who says otherwise is lying by proof of the Government’s own SS financial reports. Our politicians are trying to steal it from us if we’ll allow it. Only a fool would pay into a retirement system for years and then let someone take it away. Are you are fool? Speak up when you hear the lies. Don’t let*bureaucrats attack a retirement you paid for with your hard earned labor.*

Lol, tell that to the folks who run the program.

NPR.org » Trustees Warn Social Security Faces Bleak Future

by Eyder Peralta

"The trustees in charge of nation's Social Security program said a sagging economy has hit the program hard. The program's trust fund, which goes mostly to retirees, said the trustees, will run dry by 2033."

Old 04-29-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Last time I check, the government stopped ex-President Bush from converting to a 401k system which would of stopped the government theft... the liberals are dead set against a public 401k retirement plan to replace Social Security...
Where is the fact checking. Who in the government? Its just opinion without references.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, tell that to the folks who run the program.

NPR.org » Trustees Warn Social Security Faces Bleak Future

by Eyder Peralta

"The trustees in charge of nation's Social Security program said a sagging economy has hit the program hard. The program's trust fund, which goes mostly to retirees, said the trustees, will run dry by 2033."
So who's telling the truth? Where is the math.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:57 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
So who's telling the truth? Where is the math.
SSA. Math attached.

Trustees Report Summary

Old 04-29-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Where is the fact checking. Who in the government? Its just opinion without references.
There you go... back in 2005... i can't understand how you can be so oblivious to liberal campaign rhetoric and what happened when Bush tried to fix the Social Security theft..

Why Americans Are Skeptical About Private Social Security Accounts - Forbes

Old 04-29-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
SSA. Math attached.

Trustees Report Summary
It's going to take me a while to fact check that and the math at the top. I think lots of people are really blind at what is happening, including myself.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
There you go... back in 2005... i can't understand how you can be so oblivious to liberal campaign rhetoric and what happened when Bush tried to fix the Social Security theft..

Why Americans Are Skeptical About Private Social Security Accounts - Forbes
Right away you launch a personal attack. Would you do that in person to me? Anyhow I need to fact check all this, this is not something I want to follow a herd of memes. Also by your choice of words and mentioning political figures you side with a political agenda, which is plain and illogical when it comes to the subject.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Right away you launch a personal attack. Would you do that in person to me? Anyhow I need to fact check all this, this is not something I want to follow a herd of memes. Also by your choice of words and mentioning political figures you side with a political agenda, which is plain and illogical when it comes to the subject.
Personal attack? You got really thin skin... considering you say you can't believe something that has been in the news constantly unless you have been living in a cave... you telling me you NEVER heard of this liberal campaign rhetoric?? If it is so important to you, how is it that you never followed up with your own fact-checking? Clearly, you would have to be oblivious to it...

I really don't care about political figures and their agenda, it becomes quite clear their intentions... I gave you the hint that someone tried to do something about it, would you rather I put ???? for their name instead... that would be stupid, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies