Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:07 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times

Advertisements

Park Police Say Memorial Was Vandalized
washingtonpost.com washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and
washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

By Michael E. Ruane
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, September 17, 2007; 2:32 PM

The unidentified substance that was found splashed on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial earlier this month was the result of vandalism, the U.S. Park Police said today.

Sgt. Robert Lachance, a spokesman for the Park Police, said the investigation into the incident is continuing, but the detective on the case had ruled it an act of vandalism. Lachance said he could provide no more details because the probe is still underway.

washingtonpost.com washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

CHECKOUT THESE LINKS. I BET THERE ARE MORE...

Beeville war memorial destroyed, veterans mourn
Corpus Christi, TX | KRISTV.COM |Beeville war memorial destroyed, veterans mourn Corpus Christi, TX | KRISTV.COM |Beeville war memorial destroyed, veterans mourn (http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6487659 - broken link)

Iraq War Memorial Vandalized
9&10 News: Iraq War Memorial Vandalized 9&10 News: Iraq War Memorial Vandalized

War Memorial Destroyed
War Memorial Destroyed

Three different memorials, all in the last few months. Not that there is a conspiracy or anything. Just with all that out there, I have no doubt that there are idiots out there who would try to vandalize the Wall.
Delphi Forums Member
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 10:11 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,936 times
Mr. Moderator, would you say that this guy's posts are mere political "spam"? He is mostly a copy/paste artist.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:34 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Default You would love to get this out of the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Mr. Moderator, would you say that this guy's posts are mere political "spam"? He is mostly a copy/paste artist.

You would love to get this out of the forum.

Sorry...

Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,014 times
Default I think the world will never run out of idiots

I personally don't think this is the work of any organized group. I think even some of the folks in PETA would smack around the idiots who defaced a memorial.

Most likely this is the work of stupid 13 year-olds who's brains are not yet developed enough to understand the tragedy of what they've done.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:40 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,820 times
Love your posts and it appears someone would like this kind of new surpressed.

Some people have no concept of respect.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:43 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,889,780 times
Shouldn't we get our elected representatives to get off their duffs and do something about this? Like making it a federal law or something? Perhaps, before ol' George leaves office maybe he could sign it into law. Its the least he could do for us!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:50 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
that was low.. very low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
I personally don't think this is the work of any organized group. I think even some of the folks in PETA would smack around the idiots who defaced a memorial.

Most likely this is the work of stupid 13 year-olds who's brains are not yet developed enough to understand the tragedy of what they've done.
I would like that to be true, but there are too many rabid anti-war people around to dismiss it as just a prank by stupid kids..
It's definitely done by someone stupid though and hopefully they run a sting op (without OJ!!) on some of the memorials and hopefully catch the rude pieces of trash that are doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
Shouldn't we get our elected representatives to get off their duffs and do something about this? Like making it a federal law or something? Perhaps, before ol' George leaves office maybe he could sign it into law. Its the least he could do for us!
Good idea.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:07 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,545,794 times
Ain't had nothing this grand to try to stir bs over since . . . hmmm, gay marriage, or maybe a flag-burning amendment! Yee Haw!

But seriously, why would anyone think this being done by any anti-war group rather than say . . . some Attention Wh@re Pro-War group looking for victim status? Just asking, yunno? Sort of a character thing, huh?

Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
What I object to more than the incessant hyper-patriotic rant and innumerable links to Gaggle of Ostriches or whatever is the rather blatant attempt to expropriate sites such as The Wall as the exclusive domain of the ultra-right wing. Those monuments belong to all Americans, and indeed to all humans who are or were touched by the tragic deaths and suffering on all sides that echo still from the events that those monuments memorialize. These are indeed no places to be desecrating. But in my view at least, that is precisely what the attack-talk and divisive ideas of those like PCM do...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:44 AM

512 posts, read 1,564,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
What I object to more than the incessant hyper-patriotic rant and innumerable links to Gaggle of Ostriches or whatever is the rather blatant attempt to expropriate sites such as The Wall as the exclusive domain of the ultra-right wing. Those monuments belong to all Americans, and indeed to all humans who are or were touched by the tragic deaths and suffering on all sides that echo still from the events that those monuments memorialize. These are indeed no places to be desecrating. But in my view at least, that is precisely what the attack-talk and divisive ideas of those like PCM do...
Perhaps you can enlighten me on how his post was a “blatant attempt to expropriate sites such as the wall as the exclusive domain of the ultra-right wing”. I saw no such effort, just an attempt, if anything, to show his dismay or outrage at a series of acts which show a complete lack of respect for those who have humbly served and died in the service of their country. I agree, “Those monuments belong to all Americans, and indeed to all humans who are or were touched by the tragic deaths and suffering on all sides that echo still from the events that those monuments memorialize”, but where in his post was the “the attack-talk and divisive ideas” located? I can’t seem to find it, even when I look as hard for it as you and PT do. Maybe my agenda isn’t as finely honed as yours is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies