Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 AM

867 posts, read 498,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I'm all a-quiver in anticipation of people exercising their freedom of speech and freedom of assembly rights.

Why aren't you?
You would reverse field instantly if it was the Tea Party people "occupying", plus demonstrating less-than-stellar "decorum" by calling them tea-baggers etc., I heartily suspect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
ONE WORLD COMMERCE demands ONE WORLD UNION.

SOLIDARITY.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:44 AM

867 posts, read 498,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
ONE WORLD COMMERCE demands ONE WORLD UNION.

SOLIDARITY.
Good thing we aren't going to have One World Commerce and One World Union. That would be a diaster for the productive, and a vast rookery for the members of the parasite class.

Obamas "Occupy" movement (he started it when he organized and ran the first one called "Occupy Chicago" back in 1987) will, like everything related/connected to his administration, fall flat on its face.

Splat-Crunch

Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
As if world oil, banking and finance do not already exist.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:54 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I'm all a-quiver in anticipation of people exercising their freedom of speech and freedom of assembly rights.

Why aren't you?
I am sure that many instances of fools going beyond their rights of expression will take place. Some will be accidental and some will be done at the behest of union organizers and other extremists and then they will be called anarchists. I guess you don't think that a few car windows and store windows getting broken out by demonstrators is wrong since these are only examples of private property.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
You'd think that people would remember Thoreau, Gandhi and Dr. King. Then again, maybe they don't know what they did and why.
I will bet that few of them know the stories you mention or will remember them once it all starts taking place.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:02 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I doubt in the three minutes it took you to respond you had the time to read the article and post this witty little picture as a reply. Appears you and your orator have something in common.

No, I read it, and....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Old 05-01-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am sure that many instances of fools going beyond their rights of expression will take place. Some will be accidental and some will be done at the behest of union organizers and other extremists and then they will be called anarchists. I guess you don't think that a few car windows and store windows getting broken out by demonstrators is wrong since these are only examples of private property.

If that happens, then they'll be arrested.

Give me a break.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I doubt in the three minutes it took you to respond you had the time to read the article and post this witty little picture as a reply. Appears you and your orator have something in common.
You have just called old Carterstamp out as being just what the timing of his reply and your post prove. Not in 3 minutes could it have been done. I also read that thing and found too much that I was reading in the 1950s about "useful idiots" as the Communists on college campuses called the fools who worked mindlessly for them. I wonder if old Carter was one of them in college.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
You would reverse field instantly if it was the Tea Party people "occupying", plus demonstrating less-than-stellar "decorum" by calling them tea-baggers etc., I heartily suspect.

Nope, Freedom of Speech and Assembly apply to both sides. Don't put words where they don't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies