Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If Obama had a son he would look like a hybrid between Karl Marx and Joseph Stalin.
Naw, Obama doesn't have a mustache and his son probably wouldn't have one either. Marx did wear a beard, didn't he?

Oh, I see you are talking about skin color since Obama is half white his son could be quarter black or white depending on who the mother happened to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 04:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I wonder if the hispanics celebrating May Day will join in on the festivities.
Hispanics from Mexico usually celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Want to take a guess as to what that means in English? (Hint: not May 1)

Old 04-30-2012, 04:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Naw, Obama doesn't have a mustache and his son probably wouldn't have one either. Marx did wear a beard, didn't he?

Oh, I see you are talking about skin color since Obama is half white his son could be quarter black or white depending on who the mother happened to be.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:34 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
The fair value of anything, including labor, is the price that the seller is willing to accept and the buyer is willing to pay - period, buddy!!!!!

If you are working harder than your grandfather for less, I prescribe a mirror-check, for you are in a tiny minority.
Take off your Ayn Rand glasses and check out reality. Again, the irony of your user name is distracting.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:45 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
You let the Croozer sway you away from the topic of the thread. The topic has to do with tomorrow's big strike called by the Occupy Movement and all know that unions are involved especially in the training of Occupy leaders for the strike.

Maybe you should read the link in the OP to get an idea about what the Croozer its trying to deflect us from.
Quote:
Keep up with your pro-union crap so we can see that you didn't read this link in the OP and are doing one of your famous stealing of thread jobs. I have to turn you in for stealing the thread out of ignorance concerning what was intended.
Quote:

As is not unusual amongst the Fright Wing, the hypocrisy speaks for itself.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:57 PM

867 posts, read 498,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Take off your Ayn Rand glasses and check out reality. Again, the irony of your user name is distracting.
This from someone who uses a can of cat food as his user name.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:40 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
You are clueless bud........utterly clueless as to how the economy and corporations actually function. You are being intellectually dishonest in comparing the relationship between capital, labor, and markets while completely ignoring and downplaying all the corporate and governmental cronyism that goes on. But yes you are right that is "life". LOL

Fair value IS what an employer is willing to pay under IDEAL MARKET CONDITIONS. Ideal market conditions NEVER and have NEVER existed except in a college textbook on economics. LOL.........

Here's an easy example to wrap your head around........if executive compensation in your average corporation is set by board members of which many are picked by the same executives whose compensation they determine, this means that compensation isn't determined by market principles at all like you are inferring.......if a CEO is making $20 million a year this means that compensation is violating every market principle to which you just espoused. LMAO! Executive compensation is set along the lines of corrupt interpersonal relationships and the corrupt system of favortism that capitalists like Adam Smith and John Locke rallied against centuries ago. So again your assumption that compensation accurately reflects contribution happens only under ideal market conditions of which never exists.
Pay attention-I never said compensation reflects contribution. I said your fair value is what your employer is willing to pay you. There hasn't been ideal market conditions since unions started holding businesses and municipalities hostage. As for the CEO, someone is obviously willing to pay him that salary. Probably because there aren't 25 idiots that could take his place.

Why do you wealth-enviers never use actors as your examples? It's the same philosophy. Or is that different because you think they' cool.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:43 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
LOL funny but my point was with a limited number of jobs and thousands of people going to college there are going to be 25 desperate people willing to work for a lot less than I am. So yes..........there are people willing to do my same job for less. So why not just hark back to the days of slavery where society just breeds humans and sends them off to college so they can graduate and work for food, shelter, and clothing? LMAO! I swear the intellectual capacity of some Americans to understand broad abstract economic theory and concepts is hilarious.

You can use my example and apply it to illegal immigration. If that's not a simple enough explanation I dont know what is.
willing and CAPABLE. That's value in action.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:45 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
Germany has the strongest and highest paid labor unions in the world. German CEO's make 1/3 of what their American counterparts make. Yeah unions are bad bad bad! LMAO! Keep drinking the kool aid old man.
I support the Occupy movement, in general terms.

However I have no love for unions. Unions are just another form of cartel. We need to do some trust-busting and eliminate monopolies, forcibly create more competition in many markets. Sparing the unions would be hypocritical.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
And corporations will NEVER EVER pay even close to the fair value of their employees labor. Hence why unions are necessary. I'd love to be able to bargain with my employer regarding the proper fair value reimbursement for my labor.
And how do you exactly calculate fair value, huh?
Fair value is what your employer is willing to pay and you willing to accept.

-:-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies