Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 12:37 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Michelle Obama was aksed a question and answered that sometimes she would like to walk out the front door and keep walking....

Well Michelle we don't have any issue with that...just keep walking and walking and we even offer a free plane ride to Chicago so you won't have to return and take Barrack with you so you can go shopping and enjoy some free time...

Take a nice vacation on YOUR OWN cost and Romney will take over and show the Country what a real president does to run a Country
Typical classless attack by right wing jock itch. Why not attack the president and leave the first lady out of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 12:41 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
No argument from me on the encouragement of children to eat healthier foods. However, I don't think I need big brother to tell me just how to get that done: Conservatives dig into Michelle Obama's anti-obesity campaign - Los Angeles Times

The development from Michelle's campaign is: Online Dish: Lunchroom Police! Preschooler's Lunch Confiscated; Forced to Eat Chicken Nuggets - KIAH

"The little girl's grandmother had packed her a turkey and cheese sandwich, on multi-grain bread, a banana, potato chips and apple juice. Sounds healthy to me, but it obviously was not up to par for the state agent who inspects sack lunches. Yes, there is such a thing. Talk about lunch police. They declared the lunch unhealthy because it was missing a veggie and milk."

Now we have government schools involved and the parents are out. A person can have kids, but they can't raise 'em the way they see fit to do so.

Oh, my mother would be just livid, if she was trying to raise us today. Back then 45 years ago the educators teamed with the parents. The educators and the parents are at odds today and being at odds is encouraged by our federal government. It keeps the distraction going so that the kids don't learn as much in school. We all know what happens when mom and dad fight, the kids they get upset and they shut down mentally. All across America I'm thinking the kids are stressed from school, to home and they don't know who or what to believe in any more and if your fat, God help you.

If Michelle Obama is stressed enough that she would like to walk out the door and never come back, could be she needs to practice what she preaches and leave the rest of the people alone. If she is practicing, could be she's doing it wrong and we should inform her, like she has us.
Jesus Christ...she's just pointing out the obvious, which is that a lot of kids need to be getting better nutrition. Sheesh, did you have this reaction when Nancy Reagan was saying "just say no" and C.E. Koop was telling people to abstain from irresponsible sex and to wear condoms? Just because they urge you to do something doesn't mean anyone has to listen. There are no consequences for not listening to the Obamas. Just pay your taxes on time like you always have.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:50 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
I'm sure if she put in a call to Han Solo she could get her job back as first mate on the Falcon.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:19 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Jesus Christ...she's just pointing out the obvious, which is that a lot of kids need to be getting better nutrition. Sheesh, did you have this reaction when Nancy Reagan was saying "just say no" and C.E. Koop was telling people to abstain from irresponsible sex and to wear condoms? Just because they urge you to do something doesn't mean anyone has to listen. There are no consequences for not listening to the Obamas. Just pay your taxes on time like you always have.
I see her influence is more than just pointing out the obvious; her encouragement is far reaching.

PS: Hilary Clinton too stepped off into influencing legislation through health care and I didn't like her either. Some people don't have boundaries where government is concerned. I just don't happen to be one of them.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 05-03-2012 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: ps

Old 05-03-2012, 01:25 AM

409 posts, read 254,484 times
She should take long walk off a short pier with her husband and kids.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:51 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Hope you feel better now that you've got that off your chest.

In context, what she said made perfect sense to anyone open enough to understand what it would be like always having to have Secret Service allowing you around.
Are you kidding? She clears out rooms if she desires to. She's had 29 vacations in 40 months... I've had one in 10 years, and I had to pay for mine (and hers.)

Old 05-03-2012, 03:39 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
I've read her statement, and I've heard the audio.

Much ado about nothing.

That said....every First Lady should be aware of what she says, how it's presented and how it's reported and understood. The word 'class' comes to mind.

Perhaps if she's used more 'class' and less arrogance and hypocrisy in her endeavors much of what she has done wouldn't be ridiculed and criticized so heavily.

Sugar or vinegar.........she never learned.......

I'd be the first to open the door for her and close it afterwards.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:46 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Typical classless attack by right wing jock itch. Why not attack the president and leave the first lady out of it?
To use the term jock itch shows little class. The point here is that the first lady thought that it would all be fun and games and status..To be the first black family in the white house is not about show- The office is a work place- very hard work akin to slavery through faithful service to a nation. Odd how they don't understand the principle of service.

The first lady realizes that the trip from oppression and slavery - all the way to the white house is a full circle trip- that now she is the queen of slaves..but still a servant- what did she expect...You take a job- you have to work..without rest...a good president or any other servant gives up their life in the service of the people....YOU have to love the people...love the nation- and your needs come second.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Michelle Obama was aksed a question and answered that sometimes she would like to walk out the front door and keep walking.......
Bess Truman did just that. Hated Washington and stayed back home for as much of Truman's presidency as she could, and she made no bones about it.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:25 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Haha...you are way too serious my friend...no humor in your bones...

Btw I just commented on her remarks...is that classless attack...wow, you are so sensitive

We're you ever able to keep a job? I guess you walk away crying if you get a remark about your work ethics...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies