Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why don't you throw a couple hours of work my way while you're at it, that might help smooth things out between everyone.
I don't expect you to agree with anything I said except this, the GOP will continue to get accusations thrown their way. Its a tactic we like to use. We'll ride that sucker all the way to november. Win or lose we'll use it again in '16, '20 and beyond because its an effective tool

Old 05-01-2012, 03:14 PM

613 posts, read 759,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Anytime there is an accusation of racism, I want to know what the evidence is regardless of political alignment. Can you give a couple examples of false accusations of racism made by Republicans against Democrats?

Conservative by their very nature are racist, so it is a perfectly natural reaction for people to automatically assume that everything being said by a conservative is racist or has some sort of a racist slant.
Calling people, “illegal’s” is perhaps the best example of widespread conservative racism today.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:18 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
If certain accusations get under your skin maybe it's because there is a kernel of truth in it. If you know it's bs, why get so worked up to the point you have to create a thread.
I'll try to explain it once more:

THe three examples of false accusations were demonstrably false. In fact in two of the cases, the lefty accusers themselves said that it was a deliberate strategy of false accusation. So no, there was no 'kernal of truth.' One reason I picked these three examples is that they were so clearcut. Now if that does not penetrate, I'm done. That's as far as I'm willing to dumb-down the explanation.

Why would I get 'worked up' to the point I 'have to create a thread?' Pretty simple--I don't like to see lies spread. And I enjoyed creating the thread. It's not something I 'had' to do. I enjoy the back and forth. I don't know why someone would even be posting here if they don't....

Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 PM

613 posts, read 759,878 times
Quote:
If certain accusations get under your skin maybe it's because there is a kernel of truth in it. If you know it's bs, why get so worked up to the point you have to create a thread.
They know they are racist; they are just trying to convince themselves that they are not. Let’s not let them have that peace. [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
Quote:

THe three examples of false accusations were demonstrably false. In fact in two of the cases, the lefty accusers themselves said that it was a deliberate strategy of false accusation. So no, there was no 'kernal of truth.' One reason I picked these three examples is that they were so clearcut. Now if that does not penetrate, I'm done. That's as far as I'm willing to dumb-down the explanation.

Why would I get 'worked up' to the point I 'have to create a thread?' Pretty simple--I don't like to see lies spread. And I enjoyed creating the thread. It's not something I 'had' to do. I enjoy the back and forth. I don't know why someone would even be posting here if they don't....
Your examples didn't prove anything. It's obvious that charges of racism are a sensitive subject for you. Just wondering why.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
They know they are racist; they are just trying to convince themselves that they are not. Let’s not let them have that peace. [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
And thats all you have, the race card. Something you don't like, screech racism and then sit back and feel very smug with yourselves.

Pathetic.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:26 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
Quote:
The worst think about that post to me is the reference to 'Moron in chief.' As I've posted several times 10 of 44 presidents have been shot at. Anyone who even runs puts their life on the line, and thus deserves a little respect, no different from the soldier or sailor.
Respect has to be earned.

And I guarantee politicians (especially on the national scale) are so narcissistic that it would never cross their minds that they might be in danger. So no, they aren't risking their precious lives to "serve the public." Politicians serve nobody but themselves.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:27 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Quote:

so republicans have never hurled accusations ever in a presidential election? Every accusation has been 100% accurate and the truth?

Old 05-01-2012, 03:28 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
When you accuse a legal citizen of being illegal just because of the color of their skin, it's racism.
Arrant nonsense.

Anyone from anywhere including Canada can be an illegal alien.

Liberals ASS-ume it means those from down south.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:31 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,273 times
The left sees people belonging to a group, rather than seeing an individual.

This is not new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies