Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
When Obama was first elected the one thing I thought is that it would be really good for race relations in this country. It's been anything but good, it's made things worse and I lay the blame squarely on his most ardent supporters who play the race card every time someone disagrees with him.
And I lay the blame squarely at certain parts of the "Media."

Old 05-01-2012, 07:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
or defend racist actions
Or vote against Obama.

Or favor capitalism.

Or work for a living.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Am I supposed to sugar coat it for the black community by ignoring that a problem exists? Is the truth really that hard to handle?
We will never respect such blatant disrespect so you can't complain when blacks don't vote republican nor when republicans can't seem to attract minorities to their party.

Nothing wrong with expressing yourself just don't complain come November if things don't go your way.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It is the left that favors race based policies.
its the right that likes to black people the n-word (Santorum), its the right that wants to rewrite the history of slavery in textbooks (tea party in texas and tennessee), its the right that publish racist newsletters (Ron Paul) and its the right that says all blacks are on welfare (Good ole newt)

Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
We will never respect such blatant disrespect so you can't complain when blacks don't vote republican nor when republicans can't seem to attract minorities to their party.

Nothing wrong with expressing yourself just don't complain come November if things don't go your way.
You don't get it, they don't want us in their party. They want to be able to say anything they want about blacks, but not be accused of being racist.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
When there is faliure there is always a last ditch excuse for humans.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:11 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It is the symmetrical equivalent of righties so often making false denials of racism.

I was going to say that a better question might be, "why does the right cry 'false accusation' even when the racism is blatantly clear?" Also, why do they claim the left always "plays the race card," when they do it just as often - just with a different color of victim? I realize many times people are too quick to accuse (sometimes falsely), but anyone who denies racism exists EVERY time is either in denial or lying.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:15 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

I was going to say that a better question might be, "why does the right cry 'false accusation' even when the racism is blatantly clear?" Also, why do they claim the left always "plays the race card," when they do it just as often - just with a different color of victim? I realize many times people are too quick to accuse (sometimes falsely), but anyone who denies racism exists EVERY time is either in denial or lying.
If the delusional lefties on this thread had just admitted the truth that there are many racists in their own party (just like there are in the Republican party) and their party lives on race politics..... this thread could have been shut..... after the first page

Old 05-01-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
If the delusional lefties on this thread had just admitted the truth that there are many racists in their own party (just like there are in the Republican party) and their party lives on race politics..... this thread could have been shut..... after the first page
there is your first mistake. Republicans don't believe racism exist. Any potential racist act is always justified by the right.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
there is your first mistake. Republicans don't believe racism exist. Any potential racist act is always justified by the right.
Well, they are wrong..... just like with the left, the right has many racist too

When I say "just like in the republican party" I am talking about the fact there are many racists in that party too...maybe I worded it wrong

I never would defend the right here either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies