Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:43 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I can confidently say that's libelous and untrue.
I agree its untrue but for some odd reason when I questioned the premise I got a nasty-gram sent to me via a reputation comment. Hmmm, very strange!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 01:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,013,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post

being gay is not a choice so if that's the point of this blog.

hiv is NOT a gay disease and that it was STARTED by HETEROSEXUAL people and in much of the world the biggest carriers of the disease are HETEROSEXUAL PEOPLE
Your right.
Aids/HIV generally speaking, are diseases of promiscuity.
Bottom line....if you screw around, chances are, you might
get ****ed Doesn't matter your sexual orientation.

Today, mostly everyone knows how you get Aids/HIV
Now, let's just treat it as it is; a disease.

For those who fall into one of the risk groups, take some
personal responsibility - the education has been out there
for YEARS.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,971,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Your right.
Aids/HIV generally speaking, are diseases of promiscuity.
Bottom line....if you screw around, chances are, you might
get ****ed Doesn't matter your sexual orientation.

Today, mostly everyone knows how you get Aids/HIV
Now, let's just treat it as it is; a disease.

For those who fall into one of the risk groups, take some
personal responsibility - the education has been out there
for YEARS.
Hence my concern with how promiscuous gay men are and the fact that 1 in 5 in 21 of our largest cities are believe to be HIV positive, with nearly half not knowing it.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:13 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,194,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
But the #1 thing I think about when it comes to so many folks living with HIV is WHO is footing the bill? Obviously others are paying higher insurance premiums and taxpayers are subsidizing those living with HIV. HIV treatment doesn't come cheap. This is a rotten way of thinking about it, but it's also realistic - we're basically paying to keep folks alive so they can continue to spread the plague that is HIV! But what other option is there, let people die? If that happened and people were truly accountable for themselves, I bet folks would start taking HIV much more seriously!
If your argument is based on shared healthcare costs, I think you'd be better served focusing your concern on obesity. Obesity is a MUCH larger problem in this country.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:18 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,795,104 times
Quote:
Hence my concern with how promiscuous gay men are and the fact that 1 in 5 in 21 of our largest cities are believe to be HIV positive, with nearly half not knowing it.
Thanks for your "concern", you can just avoid them then and not talk to them.... I doubt they'll care.

And your concern is ironic, as you went as far as downplaying the necessity of using condoms in straight sex and the risks of HIV in it.

You don't know anything about HIV or gays. Period. Moving on.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulful View Post
If your argument is based on shared healthcare costs, I think you'd be better served focusing your concern on obesity. Obesity is a MUCH larger problem in this country.
Obesity is troubling too, but HIV is scarier. And it's not just healthcare costs. HIV is just a scary thing and a real threat to our society. Obesity also isn't a virus.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Thanks for your "concern", you can just avoid them then and not talk to them.... I doubt they'll care.

And your concern is ironic, as you went as far as downplaying the necessity of using condoms in straight sex and the risks of HIV in it.

You don't know anything about HIV or gays. Period. Moving on.
That makes no sense. Why would I treat gays any differently or avoid them because of HIV?

I didn't downplay the importance of being safe and smart. I don't know what you're talking about.

You're confused.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:26 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,795,104 times
Quote:
That makes no sense. Why would I treat gays any differently or avoid them because of HIV?

I didn't downplay the importance of being safe and smart. I don't know what you're talking about.

You're confused.
You lose. Posted by you previously:

"Are you saying that you don't think heterosexuals are less likely to be affected by HIV? That's just dumb, dude. Anal sex and HIV go hand in hand. If you believe that, then why don't 20% of heterosexuals have HIV? Maybe because gays as a group are more promiscuous and deviant? If you're not getting plugged in the butt or using IV drugs, you're not at much risk of getting HIV, even if you don't use a condom! Other STD's? That's a different story."

That's called downplaying. Guys sleeping around with random women is also playing with fire. As I said, get tested. Something makes me wonder about your own sexual habits.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
You lose. Posted by you previously:

"Are you saying that you don't think heterosexuals are less likely to be affected by HIV? That's just dumb, dude. Anal sex and HIV go hand in hand. If you believe that, then why don't 20% of heterosexuals have HIV? Maybe because gays as a group are more promiscuous and deviant? If you're not getting plugged in the butt or using IV drugs, you're not at much risk of getting HIV, even if you don't use a condom! Other STD's? That's a different story."

That's called downplaying. Guys sleeping around with random women is also playing with fire. As I said, get tested. Something makes me wonder about your own sexual habits.
Come on, man, get real. In this country, you know very well that a guy who only has sex with women has a far less likely chance of being exposed to HIV, especially if he's not incredibly promiscuous. Even if he did have sex with a woman with HIV and didn't use a condom, his chances of getting it aren't incredibly likely. That's not to say it can't happen. This is even true with gays. Exclusive tops are less likely to contract the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies