Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
You can't blame blacks for trying their chances with the democrats if they TOO have had no success with the conservatives prior, with obama being a mutt being more the reason to try and work with him.

Their (blacks) success is whoever they see fit to who they would be more comfortable with, it's not upto anyone else to determine. They are free to make a success or failure on their beliefs.
But that's the problem, ever since Blacks started voting overwhelming Democrat,(1960) the state of the black community has gotten progressively worse. Nobody can deny that.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'm not sure what I would have done.

I would never make the choice to defend the animals that perpetrated the crime, as a number of liberals have done on this very thread.

If I were an underprivileged African American, I would be real careful about starting a race war. The consequences might not be what they bargain for.
Who defended the perps? Can you please point out the posts? I haven't seen any.

And for you second comment, nobody is trying to start a race war from the Underprivileged African Amerinca side. You they can count.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM

100 posts, read 78,380 times
Think about it like this. If you don't have anything to look foward to after death, then what do you have to look foward to?

Only worldy things. And the things that make the world go around are money and power.

So, if there is no God, why should people care about anything aside from money and power? What will drive them?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankywithakeyboard View Post
Oh yeh. Crime is so low here in TX.
I can guarantee that anybody in Texas who carries a gun is not going to get pulled out of a car and beaten by a mob.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Bowl View Post
If there is no laws that usurp man's law, who will hold man accountable?

What would prevent another Stalin or Hitler?
Nothing.

Not even religion.

Because some people just go bad. It's how humanity works.

FOrcing religion on society will not make that society better. Religion does not trump human nature.

Quote:
You're right that parents need to be held accountable, but that is not enough of a deterant.
There is no deterrant strong enough to completely wipe out crime.

Quote:
Well, they're right, in the sense that it gave people something to hope for and something to fear.
ANd as a religious person, I can firmly say that religion has no true aspect on how I act as a person.

Quote:
I just don't see how a society where every member follows the words of Christ can fail as a people.
Because of human nature.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have no problem acknowledging anything, including the myriad problems facing 'some' black Americans. However, your incessant anti-black threads are not intended to address or solve those issues. Rather, to demonize and inflame. A tree is known by its fruit, so you are fooling no one.
And what strange fruit it is.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I can guarantee that anybody in Texas who carries a gun is not going to get pulled out of a car and beaten by a mob.
If I recall correctly they got out of the car, they were not pulled out. So how smart is that, do you beleive that was a wise move?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
And what strange fruit it is.
Sounds like the same fruit I pick up weekly on my property after my dogs leave it for me to harvest.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If I recall correctly they got out of the car, they were not pulled out. So how smart is that, do you beleive that was a wise move?
So people no longer have a right to get out of their cars?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:34 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,848,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
How do you know that most of those teens are not sitting in church on Sunday. You assume a lot.
"Sitting in church on Sunday" is NOT enough...many famous and 'highly educated' people have done this for years without hearing the message.

In fact, sometimes the message may be responsible for fomenting problems. It depends on the church, the pastor, the listener, and the message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.