Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Ho hum. It appears the victims worked for the local newspaper. They're probably ex-liberals now.
Really?! You are THAT callous toward another human being?

I don't know what happened in your life to cause you to be so insensitive, but I caution you, Edward: the universe has a way of waking up your compassion in ways you may not wish to experience.

Let's try this: how would you feel in their place?

Is there a short-circuit somewhere with you to be so cold?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:44 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
so you think choosing to stay in the car, shrug off the broken windshield, and getting out of there is the internet bad ass thing to do... but opening fire on them with an automatic weapon is a perfectly legit proposal?

Good call, "show time"

Yes I would pull out my imaginary automatic weapon.

You wrote what you would do in a very nonchalant manner, just put the car in reverse, part the sea of people like Moses, hit a tops of 5mph, get no car damage or bodies under the car, just drive home, move in a few days, and get another job in this easy job economy. All while thinking, damn this isn't a threatening situation at all. You're BSing yourself to think that wasn't a serious situation that could have turned very very ugly, by their account or you driving your car out of there with bodies all around.

The situation was damn threatening as per victim statements, and you can't be honest with yourself and think if youre surrounded by people breaking your window and being rowdy, that it wasn't possibly life threatening.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:46 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
"Sitting in church on Sunday" is NOT enough...many famous and 'highly educated' people have done this for years without hearing the message.

In fact, sometimes the message may be responsible for fomenting problems. It depends on the church, the pastor, the listener, and the message.

Very true.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Bowl View Post
Teens are led by example.

Look at what's on TV. Look at what society glorifies: self, materialism, excess, sex, self gratification, etc.

It is our responsibility to teach morality to our children and lead by example. Simply forcing them to go to church won't accomplish a thing.

I've brought this up, don't even bother with this argument of TV and Music. Many people feel that some of todays music/videos/lyrics don't affect kids in a negative aspect.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Life is full of choices, do you think they made the correct choice given the situation?????? Would you have done the same or backed up and called the cops?
So basically you are saying they should have profiled, correct? I agree profiling will keep you safe and alive. Do as Jessie Jackson suggests if you see 3 or more young black males coming your way, cross the street.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
So people no longer have a right to get out of their cars?
If a mob is waiting for you it might be a bad idea, don't ya think

Old 05-01-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
"Sitting in church on Sunday" is NOT enough...many famous and 'highly educated' people have done this for years without hearing the message.

In fact, sometimes the message may be responsible for fomenting problems. It depends on the church, the pastor, the listener, and the message.
I know that, I am not sure the poster I was replying to does.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The people in the car should have responded as in this case when threatened:

Taco Bell Shooting Victim was Holding Leash, Not Weapon (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/taco-bell-shooting-victim-was-holding-leash-not-weapon-4-4-2012 - broken link)

Is there some sort of logical relevance between this case and what happened in the original topic of Norfolk?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Ed, you do know you are a part of this "community" whether you like it or not. What have you done to actually address any of the problems?
Stop trying to pull me into your declining and dysfunctional community. I've told you numerous times I'm not African American, my roots do not come from the plantations of the American South.

I don't know how more explicit I have to be. It's just like how you guys were harassing the mixed kid in the other thread who said he didn't want to identify with Blacks. Can't say I blame him yet you and others kept harassing him. Stop trying to define people and worry about why so many kids in the African American community are going off the deep end.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So basically you are saying they should have profiled, correct? I agree profiling will keep you safe and alive. Do as Jessie Jackson suggests if you see 3 or more young black males coming your way, cross the street.
You do not need to profile a mob, mobs are not color specific. Really, I don't and never had a problem, it is usually involves saying "Hey" and walking on or if I know them BS'ing for a minute or two. The world is full of good and bad people if you go by their color as your judge of who is good and who is bad you are going to get a rude awakening. Clue: if it is late at night and there are over a hundred teens hanging out you might want to take another path, no matter what color they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies