Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 08:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Blacks had power to push for change by bettering themselves and earned the respect of anglo society. Now Obama is the POTUS.

Look at the history of my people, the Irish. We were the "worst of the worst" 150 years ago in the US, worse than even free Blacks. But we went from "Shanty Irish" to "Lace Curtain Irish"; most of us did that is.

Not many people today know that but we were the "N word" back then. Now Blacks are following the Irish "playbook": sports, entertainment and now politics, THEN Blacks as a group will become "American", nothing more or nothing less.
Blacks have been American for about 400 years now. We are no new immigrant group who needs to work our way up. We have been working un- and undercompensated, fighting and dying for this country for centuries, and striving and bettering ourselves since the first African arrived here.

If you really think Irish ever had it worse than Blacks in America, you have no knowledge of this country's history. The obstacles placed in front of us were meant to be insurmountable, and it sometimes seems as if those who wanted us to fail are winning.

But despite this, the fact that Blacks survive in this country shows that we have proven to be some of the strongest, most resilient, resourceful people on Earth.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,613,521 times
If a large gang of white men attacked a black man, you can bet your last dime that everyone from Sharpton to Obama would be involved with public outcries on every TV station, internet news site, and newspaper in the country.

That is the sad irony of this situation.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Blacks have been American for about 400 years now. We are no new immigrant group who needs to work our way up. We have been working un- and undercompensated, fighting and dying for this country for centuries, and striving and bettering ourselves since the first African arrived here.

If you really think Irish ever had it worse than Blacks in America, you have no knowledge of this country's history. The obstacles placed in front of us were meant to be insurmountable, and it sometimes seems as if those who wanted us to fail are winning.

But despite this, the fact that Blacks survive in this country shows that we have proven to be some of the strongest, most resilient, resourceful people on Earth.

So,more excuses? He is just saying things were bad for the Irish as well as for blacks too, and the Irish overcame those stereotypes. Things started changing for blacks to help them and make life easier, take that and advance with it, but instead there are still many that aren't advancing with what they are given, but instead they are ruining the opportunities they get.

I just realized the other day that I'll live in any community other than 95% of the black communities, and I'm not alone with this. It has nothing to do with any sort of conditioning, or what other "racist" people might try to say, it has to do with experiences and behavior.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
So,more excuses?
Where?

Quote:
He is just saying things were bad for the Irish as well as for blacks too, and the Irish overcame those stereotypes.
Irish were white.

Quote:
Things started changing for blacks to help them and make life easier, take that and advance with it, but instead there are still many that aren't advancing with what they are given, but instead they are ruining the opportunities they get.
True. But that doesn't change what I said.

Quote:
I just realized the other day that I'll live in any community other than 95% of the black communities, and I'm not alone with this. It has nothing to do with any sort of conditioning, or what other "racist" people might try to say, it has to do with experiences and behavior.
I don't live in what you would call a "black" community either. But there is still discrimination against blacks of all stripes, and that is a fact.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:22 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,015 times
Oh, and there's been an update on the case. A 16-year old has been arrested.

Tada!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:38 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,849,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
His point is that it is not flash mobs/robberies and beating innocent motorists that has advanced the cause and that these and similar incidents are symptomatic of a cultural cancer preventing true, lasting advancements.
Quote:
I don't think he's qualified to make that point. His posts reveal a callous, simplistic outlook and a glaring lack of knowledge of this country's history, as well as a high degree of hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.
I won't debate an individual poster's background or posting history as it 'qualifies' them to state their opinion on an Internet chat board. I won't qualify either in your ranking system.

Nevertheless, IMO the referenced actions and many others like them do nothing to advance the black cause.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
I won't debate an individual poster's background or posting history as it 'qualifies' them to state their opinion on an Internet chat board. I won't qualify either in your ranking system.

Nevertheless, IMO the referenced actions and many others like them do nothing to advance the black cause.
So.......what would advance the "black cause"?

Old 05-03-2012, 06:27 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times
Pilot reporter speaks out about assault | WAVY.com | Norfolk, Va.

Quote:
Rostami told police she believed the rock was thrown because the suspect saw her lock her door as a large group of young black males passed by the car.

Forster decided to get out and address the situation. He regrets it, now.

"The first punch was like square right in the nose," said Forster.

Others in the crowd joined in. Rostami later told Forster groups of young men took turns punching and kicking him before rotating through the crowd, so others could get a turn.

"I'm just absorbing the blows, being like 'I'm okay. Alright I can get back inside,' but there was a moment where I'm surrounded and getting punched and I'm thinking 'This is getting really bad.'"
Yup this reporter sounds like a liberal.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
So.......what would advance the "black cause"?
Look at what the Blacks who came here from Africa as free men and women are doing. There lies your answer. They don't let things like the N word, white racists, Black hood rats and so on get in their way.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:14 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Look at what the Blacks who came here from Africa as free men and women are doing. There lies your answer. They don't let things like the N word, white racists, Black hood rats and so on get in their way.
Keyword is free, mentally African Americans are not free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies