Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times

Advertisements

he was given many warnings before they used the taser and he was obviously doing all of this to get attention.

He reminds me of one of my puppies. Any time I hold or pet her sister she has to jump on me and remind me she's still there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 09:38 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,088 times
Ppl who support this kind of unnecessary force reminds me of my toilet bowl. Every time I flushed, too much water pressure causes water to splash back out. Need to get that fixed.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Unnecessary use of force. Talk about attention getting and whiny, most ppl here supporting this use of force are doing the same thing too, are they advocating they themselves get tasered too.
I think the use of force is up for debate. I don't think they should have to wrestle with the guy for 20 minutes. He was warned and continued to resist. I am not advocating that I get tasered because I would not put myself in that situation by acting like that.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:45 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
exactly, I'm 0% worried about getting tasered right now.. and if for some odd reason I was at a kerry gathering I'd have a much better chance of ending up in the bathroom than on the wrong side of a taser..

It's pretty easy to avoid these kinds of situations. and I was hoping they were going to taser the girls with the annoying voices next. Or at least do a good Caesar Millan tsst to them...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:49 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
They guy is an attention freak. This time he was able to grab the attention of 50,000 volts! lol
They should do this at Senate hearings when some of the elected blowhards go on and on before, or if ever, asking a question. I used to wish for ejection seats but tasers will do.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:50 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,603,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Unnecessary use of force. Talk about attention getting and whiny, most ppl here supporting this use of force are doing the same thing too, are they advocating they themselves get tasered too.
External force is a substitute for self discipline. When polite rules of society are abused to the point that society cannot accept it any longer then force is utilized. This is such a case. You can argue that it was excessive, but it seems to be one of the less permanent damaging and most effective ways to minimize unacceptable behavior. The guards have relatively limited options when it comes to controlling others actions. Most involve pain as a negative motivator. It is obvious that verbal discouragement did not work so physical was the next escalation. Mere restraint was resisted so it was escalated to forceable removal. When that was resisted it escalated to physical control of the antagonist and he was brought to the ground in order to subdue him. He continued to fight so it was again escalated to the taser. What escalation option would you suggest as an alternative to the taser? They might have had clubs, guns, handcuffs, mace, or pepper spray available. Would spraying him and probably the audience with pepper or chemicals be more humane? Clubbing him unconscious so they could cuff him would protect the audience from harm, but people have been know to die from being beaten unconscious also.

I am curious to know if you are aware of any other alternatives to these or if you are suggesting that we do nothing when people disregard polite rules of society and become disruptive to the point of preventing normal interactions?

Should we permit one person to hijack a discourse to the exclusion of anyone else's participation? How about if that person decides to disrupt another forum, say perhaps a church sermon because they do not agree with something in that? We must have ways to encourage cooperation with planned formats and methods to enforce public behavior when excessive disruption occurs. When verbal discouragement fails and social pressure is ignored, what other options do we have?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:23 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,239 times
What part of the video did we not see? Was he asked repeatedly to be quiet? Was he warned not to start commotion ? Does he have a record of doing this type of stuff? This video reminds me of what my grandfather taught me Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see. Although if it happened as we saw it shame on them. Even Moonbats are entitled to ask questions.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:34 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,062 times
Gotta love the Liberals and their unwavering commitment to freedom of speech!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:36 AM

512 posts, read 1,564,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by francej16 View Post
you must've voted for Bush huh?
You know, if one tries hard enough, he can find a way to blame Bush for just about everything. I really found it quite tiresome when the attacks continued unabated on Clinton year after year, But the Bush haters seem to have taken it to a new vitriolic level.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:49 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgepl View Post
You know, if one tries hard enough, he can find a way to blame Bush for just about everything. I really found it quite tiresome when the attacks continued unabated on Clinton year after year, But the Bush haters seem to have taken it to a new vitriolic level.
Yep! In fact, the phrase "Bush's fault" has taken on a sortof satirical meaning in the past few years, as an inside joke amongst us folks on the Right

(Oops! Did I just let out one of our big secrets to the world?!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies