Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times

Advertisements

Pink Guns for Women - YouTube

So true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 01:08 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So the various gun confiscations that have happened around the world, especially in the last 50 or so years, are all imagined as far as you're concerned. From New York to Louisiana to California, to Britain, Australia, Cuba and Canada. All just a narcissistic delusion on the part of gun owners. Damn I wish we could make all nanny-state initiatives go 'poof' so easily.
I don't live "around the world." I live in America. And no one is so impressed with your slingshot collection so much that they'd ever dream of taking it away. It aint that big, dangerous, impressive, or threatening. Moreover, they have no reason to fear the owner. (wink)

But hey, you're allowed to believe in Fantasyland all you want. The government hasn't stripped away that right yet.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I guess if people in Africa had been armed they wouldn't have been taken as slaves now would they?
Is the "Africa/slave" argument supposed to be convincing for obvious reasons (that really aren't so obvious)?

I mean, you could've resorted to the typical Conservative argument about the Holocaust, but then....you'd never mistake me for a Jew now would you? Hell, i guess i should be impressed that you didn't resort to the typical Godwin's Law nonsense.

I have nothing against guns for the record. In the Army, i fired weapons that are a hell of a lot larger than anything you've got in your possession. I had no objections towards weapons then, and i've got none now.

I'm just not stupid enough to think that the government fears that little pistol i have in my closet, and for good reason....they don't.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't live "around the world." I live in America. And no one is so impressed with your slingshot collection so much that they'd ever dream of taking it away. It aint that big, dangerous, impressive, or threatening. Moreover, they have no reason to fear the owner. (wink)

But hey, you're allowed to believe in Fantasyland all you want. The government hasn't stripped away that right yet.
I don't live around the world either. But I did live in Chicago for quite a few years. When I was there it was illegal to have a handgun in the city. If you wanted to own a handgun, legally it had to be stored somewher outside city limits. Needless to say, there was no legal concealed carry, except for those politically connected. If politicallly connected there were certain sinecures available that included the privilege of carrying a gun.

The laws and restrictions were all fantasy, though, right?

Old 05-02-2012, 01:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Is the "Africa/slave" argument supposed to be convincing for obvious reasons (that really aren't so obvious)?

I mean, you could've resorted to the typical Conservative argument about the Holocaust, but then....you'd never mistake me for a Jew now would you? Hell, i guess i should be impressed that you didn't resort to the typical Godwin's Law nonsense.

I have nothing against guns for the record. In the Army, i fired weapons that are a hell of a lot larger than anything you've got in your possession. I had no objections towards weapons then, and i've got none now.

I'm just not stupid enough to think that the government fears that little pistol i have in my closet, and for good reason....they don't.
It's not about you princess. They don't fear one gun. They fear the masses having guns. Tyranny runs amuck when the masses are unarmed.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:43 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So the various gun confiscations that have happened around the world, especially in the last 50 or so years, are all imagined as far as you're concerned. From New York to Louisiana to California, to Britain, Australia, Cuba and Canada. All just a narcissistic delusion on the part of gun owners. Damn I wish we could make all nanny-state initiatives go 'poof' so easily.
I don't know about the rest of the places you mentioned, but the only guns that have been confiscated in Canada were from those that broke the law...I'm sure that happens everywhere.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's not about you princess. They don't fear one gun. They fear the masses having guns. Tyranny runs amuck when the masses are unarmed.
LOL....Like the tyranny that is running amuck in Canada? Your fears are a baseless joke.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:51 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL....Like the tyranny that is running amuck in Canada? Your fears are a baseless joke.
Gun owners have no fear. They don't fear you or the government.

There is security in numbers, and gun owners are a lot of numbers....

Old 05-02-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Gun owners have no fear. They don't fear you or the government.

There is security in numbers, and gun owners are a lot of numbers....
If you have no fears why would you need guns?

Old 05-02-2012, 07:13 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I support gun rights, but these statements are not truths, just stupid one liners.

Try again

so the US Constitution is not a truth to you, how utterly fail that statement of yours is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies