Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Thank you for the compliment! At least I can see entertainers for what they are and get my political observations from better sources....
what I find funny is I can go to Fox for humor and Comedy Central for the news..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
what I find funny is I can go to Fox for humor and Comedy Central for the news..............
Really? You honestly believe someone...anyone one TV? Somebody that gets paid to spew whatever message they think will make the most money for the network? Friggin AL Jazeerea has better news then either Fox or Comedy Central.....

Old 05-02-2012, 09:51 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
Quote:
Really? You honestly believe someone...anyone one TV? Somebody that gets paid to spew whatever message they think will make the most money for the network? Friggin AL Jazeerea has better news then either Fox or Comedy Central.....
Well, TDS really isn't the news, but a deconstruction of the media who push the news. Stewart is one of the reasons why I barely, if ever, watch TV news anymore.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:47 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Pointing out to Republicans that:
"You are aware that the frontal lobe of the cerebral cortex gives us the ability to store and recall past events as they occurred, right?"
...but just in case you aren't:

Hulu - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Tue, May 1, 2012 - Watch the full episode now. (http://www.hulu.com/watch/356750/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tue-may-1-2012 - broken link)
Thanks for sharing. Stewart's right - the GOP is pissed that this President is using a tactic perfected by the previous President. And the pitiful whining from the right is just icing on the cake.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:49 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
I'm not surprised that you watch TV for your beliefs. How about you try "analysis" and "investigation" as we expect of journalists?

But, you have it right, Al Jazeera does put the US "news" networks to shame, but not any more than comedy shows like one hosted by Jon Stewart and by Stephen Colbert.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Pointing out to Republicans that:
"You are aware that the frontal lobe of the cerebral cortex gives us the ability to store and recall past events as they occurred, right?"
...but just in case you aren't:

Hulu - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Tue, May 1, 2012 - Watch the full episode now. (http://www.hulu.com/watch/356750/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tue-may-1-2012 - broken link)
It was hard to do but I watched all of the Jon Stewart crap that pertained to this thread and kept wondering when he would play the little snippet of one of Obama's staunchest supporters, up to now, making her despicable comment about this thing. Yep, the founder of HuffPo sure did say just that about this ad and Stewart could have showed her talking since her thing is a day or two older than his.

Didn't I catch Stewart playing the same game with Bush telling what he would have done just as Obama and Clinton said what Romney "would have" done? I guess he doesn't really have that part of his brain working very good these days.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
What's funny is that you guys put your trust and faith in a flippin comedian! He's no better than Rush.....Both of them are laughing all the way to the bank....
Stewart tried to make fun of my favorite newsman, Brit Hume, and I saw Hume taking them to the wood pile since he spoke of truth and Stewart and Obama failed to do so.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're welcome! But don't worry about it next time.
I didn't know there were rules among the lefties that say we can't say what we think or feel. Maybe you need to get a list of those topics that don't allow that.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I didn't know there were rules among the lefties that say we can't say what we think or feel. Maybe you need to get a list of those topics that don't allow that.
Who said there were rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Stewart tried to make fun of my favorite newsman, Brit Hume, and I saw Hume taking them to the wood pile since he spoke of truth and Stewart and Obama failed to do so.
I would love to see, your hero, Brit Hume either invite Jon Stewart or show up on The Daily Show. He will get skewered.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Agreed, Al Jazeerea does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies