Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 05:51 PM

380 posts, read 376,842 times

Advertisements

Gallup/USA Today polling in June 2010 revealed that 42% of those surveyed identify as conservative, 35% as moderate, while 20% identify as liberal.

With numbers like that why do we see/hear audiences on talk shows booing conservative ideas or people?

Do you think that the directors on the shows have a big "Boo now" sign lit up for the audience to do that? And if so, why do conservative members of the audience go along with it?

Do you think that the directors on the shows do repeat takes if no one boos or, heavens forbid, claps for such people and ideas? Does the show throw out people like that and then do retakes when they get an audience that will boo conservative ideals and thoughts?

Maybe I'm naive to the fact that all the above is used on talk shows. Maybe in largely liberal L.A. and NYC most of the audience members are locals and not out of towners. Maybe the moderates are more apt to join in with the liberal members in the audience. Maybe conservatives don't like to demonstrate their support in public. Maybe I've got my tin foil hat on too tight. Who knows.

(Taking off the tin foil hat)I just think its kinda odd that this happens that you never hear any support by an audience. I guess its because of the locals in the audience. I doubt the director is actively cutting or taping the show to make this happen.

I think the closest I've seen an audience not going along with the host was back in the '80's when Reagan was President. Some of Johnny Carson's(Johnny Carson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) jokes just didn't get a laugh and one time I heard scattered boos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiggan View Post
Gallup/USA Today polling in June 2010 revealed that 42% of those surveyed identify as conservative, 35% as moderate, while 20% identify as liberal.

With numbers like that why do we see/hear audiences on talk shows booing conservative ideas or people?

Do you think that the directors on the shows have a big "Boo now" sign lit up for the audience to do that? And if so, why do conservative members of the audience go along with it?

Do you think that the directors on the shows do repeat takes if no one boos or, heavens forbid, claps for such people and ideas? Does the show throw out people like that and then do retakes when they get an audience that will boo conservative ideals and thoughts?

Maybe I'm naive to the fact that all the above is used on talk shows. Maybe in largely liberal L.A. and NYC most of the audience members are locals and not out of towners. Maybe the moderates are more apt to join in with the liberal members in the audience. Maybe conservatives don't like to demonstrate their support in public. Maybe I've got my tin foil hat on too tight. Who knows.

(Taking off the tin foil hat)I just think its kinda odd that this happens that you never hear any support by an audience. I guess its because of the locals in the audience. I doubt the director is actively cutting or taping the show to make this happen.

I think the closest I've seen an audience not going along with the host was back in the '80's when Reagan was President. Some of Johnny Carson's(Johnny Carson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) jokes just didn't get a laugh and one time I heard scattered boos.
Liberals run Hollywood, do you think they'd have an audience that expresses a different point of view on television programs that they produce? They are attempting to sway a nation to their side by presenting opinions they believe should be mirrored in society.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:41 PM

380 posts, read 376,842 times
If its a conspiracy how do the studios filter out the conservative minded people that come to see the show? Why have no conservative members of the public said anything about being either expelled from the audience, being instructed to boo or turned away at the door?

Old 05-03-2012, 01:48 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
That's because all the conservatives are at work when those talk shows are taped, leaving only liberals to scramble for the seats in the audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies