Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:39 AM

380 posts, read 376,842 times

Advertisements

Yeah. That Rooeesevelt guy really messed up the meat industry with all the regulation crap he put on the books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Damn liberals with their anti-smoking campaigns, and their government ads encouraging people to get timely colon and prostate exams!

See what they did! Stupid liberals!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CPzNroCH8h...in+the+USA.png

Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
War in the middle east, recession, housing crisis, crime. I don't have time to worry about football or create stupid scenarios.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:14 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If all places of work and restaurants allow smoking, you can't avoid it.
I don't recall there being a law that required a work environment allow smoking.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:15 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The difference is that conservatives don't want the gov't to coercively mandate what we can and can't do in the privacy of our own homes, businesses, or cars.
Neither do many liberals, especially us Libertarian types... I'm a smoker myself, and think it should be left up to the business owners.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:17 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
hmmmmm...

Let's see here...

Liberal medical researchers determined that tobacco is harmful to the health of tobacco users and anyone in their vicinity. So, smokers have to step outside to light up.

Liberal NFL owners have determined that football games can only be played on football fields.

Looks to me like the libs have already ruined both smoking and football.

You're too late with your concerns.
You know the political leanings of every medical researcher & NFL owner? Neato.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:17 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I choose not to fly on a smoke-filled plane for 3+ hours.
In the case of the plane or other public transportation I can't say I disagree that much. Making exceptions for smokers is very problematic and not very practical, that's an example of reasonable place where a ban is in effect.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:28 AM

613 posts, read 760,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The capacity for revisionism is amazing. The war on tobacco was lock stock and barrel a liberal project. It's amusing and telling that someone would even try to deny that.

Of course there are conservatives who like to avoid cigarette smoke. I'm a marathon runner and I'm one of them. The difference is that conservatives don't want the gov't to coercively mandate what we can and can't do in the privacy of our own homes, businesses, or cars.
Yo, dog, come on and give us a break, dog.

Conservatives just want the government to mandate how people should wear their pants and who should get married. HA! HA!

Increase the peace and stop the hate.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Slow down there, first comes liquor then fast food, then contact sports. Remember, dodgeball is already banned in many school systems.
I believe we'll all have to wear helmets to drive cars, pretty soon. They'll do it in the name of making cars lighter to protect the environment. I'm not kidding, either.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:43 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
It's a topic thst's naturally prone to become frviolous, but a point remains that the emergence of the Cult of Political Correctness is all based upon a concept that a clique of high-minded individuals, presumably feminists seeking to become matriarchs, know what's best for all of us, and that they will pursue any access to the government's legal monopoly on the power to coerce in order to get their way.

In my neck of the woods, we just call that fascism.
So only women are against SHS?

Really?

LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies