Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
What? That doesn't make any sense. Unemployment is a percentage, so it accounts for difference in population.
The link Tempest posted is not in percentage, it's in real numbers. That's why the ones with the most jobs added are also the most populated states.
Do you understand the difference?
My point is why wouldn't a state that is so darn "business friendly" be creating jobs regardless of population? If the jobs are there, people will come. Americans are naturally peripatetic. We go where the jobs are.

So saying that they have low populations is a weak excuse for why they aren't creating jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 03:24 PM

867 posts, read 498,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
What? That doesn't make any sense. Unemployment is a percentage, so it accounts for difference in population.
The link Tempest posted is not in percentage, it's in real numbers. That's why the ones with the most jobs added are also the most populated states.
Do you understand the difference?
Understanding the diffence would violate the template of the left, so no, he doesn't and won't get the difference because it's agenda over reality on that side of the aisle.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:31 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
"Best and Worst States To Do Business and Create Jobs"

Theories and statistics may be relevant for today, but not guaranteed accurate for a month from now or 5 years from now. Businesspersons shouldn't be making decisions based on such short-term information.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:33 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Me too and we are booming. Wonder how things are doing in Detroit ? Have they bulldozed that city yet ?
they cant.

too many wild bears running around. it isnt safe for bulldozer operators.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't know. I live in Arizona.

Coppell....where TGI Fridays constitutes fine dining, and you have to hit your garage door opener to tell which house belongs to you.
Clearly you have never eaten at Pan Acean.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
they cant.

too many wild bears running around. it isnt safe for bulldozer operators.
Gotta love the surreptitious racist stuff.

Say what you mean. Being a coward in real life doesn't mean you have to be a coward on the Internet.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Clearly you have never eaten at Pan Acean.
Meh...it's a glorified P.F. Changs. Decent for DFW, but nothing to write home about.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Yea, good for business, but horrible places to live with the exception of Indiana.

My own state aint that great for business supposedly, despite being a RTW state. But other things make up for that.

You have never lived in Texas, much less a place like Austin, where there has been a housing boom going on since the 80's and it hasn't really let up.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Meh...it's a glorified P.F. Changs. Decent for DFW, but nothing to write home about.
LOL>

you have clearly never eaten at Pan Acean.... cuz that generic drivvel above doesnt apply at all.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You have never lived in Texas, much less a place like Austin, where there has been a housing boom going on since the 80's and it hasn't really let up.
Austin is the only place in that state i'd live. And no, i've never lived in Texas, and if life continues to treat me well, i never will.

My father lives in the S.A. area in the wintertime, and comes back to Arizona to escape the humidity when the winter is over. I'll probably inherit his home should he go before i do....and i'll promptly sell it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies