Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:33 PM

383 posts, read 641,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Unlike most other RTW states, this state was founded as a RTW state. Why isn't Arizona ranked at the top?
Arizona is in the top ten.

Another Triumph for Texas: Best/Worst States for Business 2012 | ChiefExecutive.net | Chief Executive Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 04:38 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Actually I can tell you alot fo texas that a person from Arizona would perhaps like;but they are not the most popular as far as people moving here. I think perhaps demograhics of population movement says more than anything .
A lot of the people moving here are Californians and New Yorkers. It is insulting because I know personally a lot of them moving here are not people leaving their states because they disagree with the policies there, but rather that they disagree with the results.

That means these idiots are just going to create the same moronic government here that they fled from. I can already see their filth tainting the local governments so far.

You can't fix stupid. It needs to be put down. That is the only solution.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:40 PM

14,020 posts, read 15,011,523 times
Funny states with 11/12% unemployment top the list, like Arizona, but states with 6/7% Unemplyment are at the Bottom, like Massachusetts.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:43 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Funny states with 11/12% unemployment top the list, like Arizona, but states with 6/7% Unemplyment are at the Bottom, like Massachusetts.
Because it's a right wing propaganda piece. If you look at link I posted on page 2, it shows the real numbers.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
How are their education systems? Public schools, universities? Minnesota is not a "right to work" state but we have a surplus of big companies that keep their headquarters here because of the quality of people, the education ect. Cargill, General Mills, Pillsbury, 3M, Best Buy...the list goes on and on.

There is more to life than trailer parks and tons of cheap, uneducated workers. I know the utopia you Repubs dream of is a nation of 1 billion mostly ignorant and poor workers with most of the wealth with a few people. But the problem is? Most of you will fall into the poor category the day that happens.

Last edited by PullMyFinger; 05-03-2012 at 05:56 PM..

Old 05-03-2012, 07:42 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
How are their education systems? Public schools, universities? Minnesota is not a "right to work" state but we have a surplus of big companies that keep their headquarters here because of the quality of people, the education ect. Cargill, General Mills, Pillsbury, 3M, Best Buy...the list goes on and on.

There is more to life than trailer parks and tons of cheap, uneducated workers. I know the utopia you Repubs dream of is a nation of 1 billion mostly ignorant and poor workers with most of the wealth with a few people. But the problem is? Most of you will fall into the poor category the day that happens.

In my county, 5 of the 8 high schools are on Newsweeks Best High Schools list. The high school where my children will attend is currently #100, and one of the first comprehensive high schools on the list. There are more than 35 colleges and universities in the area.

Nissan recently relocated its HQ to my county, and Mars Petcare & Jackson Life also have their headquarters here, as well as 37 other national companies. Those are just the ones in my suburban county.

I live in one of 20 wealthiest counties in the country. I can walk to a dozen celebrities' houses from my front door.

Low taxes, great schools, gorgeous rolling hills, tons of creative people, an average income level above $100K, yeah, life here really sucks.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:24 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Default Deep Blue California Named Worst State For Business - This Is Where Obama Is Taking Us

Quote:
So much for the idea of West is best. In an annual survey, executives ranked California as the worst place to do business for the eighth year in a row.
Chief Executive magazine has only been conducting its survey for eight years. Texas has been top-ranked every year.
Link: California named worst state for business in magazine survey - latimes.com

The loony liberals in California reap what they sow. This is what's in store for America if the liberals continue to be in charge of the federal government.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 PM

Try the search button next time (also Wisconsin is dead last for business and job creation, not California)

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ss-create.html

Old 05-03-2012, 09:39 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Wisconsin is in the top 20 for the first time, ever. Do you Obama sock puppets even read the links you post?

Old 05-03-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Wisconsin is in the top 20 for the first time, ever. Do you Obama sock puppets even read the links you post?
All the time from factual sources, not right wing propaganda like you posted that was also debunked in the other thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies