Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
After its protest of two women kissing in an Urban Outfitters catalogue and a failed attempt to get get JCPenney to fire its new spokesperson Ellen DeGeneres, One Million Moms is now protesting the inclusion of a married lesbian couple and their daughter in a JCPenney's catalog.

To protest, One Million Moms has encouraged its members to voice their concern personally at JCPenney stores, but the response from JCPenney personnel has been less than sympathetic:

"'Last time OMM contacted JCPenney store managers, we were brushed off,' the statement said. 'Some even experienced in person the store manager saying "Thank you" and walking off while their customer and our concerned members were in mid-sentence.' It continued: 'OMM has been told that JCP corporate office told store managers to say "Thank you" and then walk away.'"

JCPenney under attack from conservative One Million Moms group over lesbian couple in new Mother's Day campaign | Mail Online

Way to go, JCPenney!!!

What a bunch of idiots. As a buisness, one should never try to alienate a large group of people. Stay neutral and do not take political stances which may damage your product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 08:14 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
What a bunch of idiots. As a buisness, one should never try to alienate a large group of people. Stay neutral and do not take political stances which may damage your product.
Million Moms is a hate group, this isnt the first thread about them on here.
So, you think JCP should bow to pressure from a hate group?
Glad you're not my stockbroker.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I wonder how many of those Million Mom's are secret lesbians?
All of them...and they are faking being straight because as studies show...lisbo-phobes are just suppressing their deep desire to be with a rich chick like Ellen who has more money than all the men in the world- ?

Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 PM

744 posts, read 811,437 times
I'm a secret lesbian

Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

JCP don't need their darn business, right now they are doing great without the MILLION IN YOUR FACE MOMS.

With their new slogans, and slashed everyday prices and special deals, they are doing great. I know quite a few managers and supervisors of many of our JCP stores.
People love their new prices, new everyday lower prices etc
Love their home decor items. Infact they just saved me over $120.00 on tuscan wall decor.. not complaining here at all.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:31 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,352 times
lol, how many dang times?

Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
After its protest of two women kissing in an Urban Outfitters catalogue and a failed attempt to get get JCPenney to fire its new spokesperson Ellen DeGeneres, One Million Moms is now protesting the inclusion of a married lesbian couple and their daughter in a JCPenney's catalog.

To protest, One Million Moms has encouraged its members to voice their concern personally at JCPenney stores, but the response from JCPenney personnel has been less than sympathetic:

"'Last time OMM contacted JCPenney store managers, we were brushed off,' the statement said. 'Some even experienced in person the store manager saying "Thank you" and walking off while their customer and our concerned members were in mid-sentence.' It continued: 'OMM has been told that JCP corporate office told store managers to say "Thank you" and then walk away.'"

JCPenney under attack from conservative One Million Moms group over lesbian couple in new Mother's Day campaign | Mail Online

Way to go, JCPenney!!!

Guess the new look at JC Penney is flannel.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:41 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
I'm a secret lesbian
Me too- I am a reincarnated lesbian that arrived in a man's body..it worked out quite well.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:43 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Million Moms is a hate group, this isnt the first thread about them on here.
So, you think JCP should bow to pressure from a hate group?

Fixed it for you...

Million Moms is a group that promotes values liberals disagree with, this isnt the first thread about them on here.
So, you think JCP should bow to pressure from a group that promotes values liberals disagree with?

Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjersey View Post
what do you call one million armed lesbians?

n.o.w.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies