Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The only reason 'gay days' are popular is because gays like to congregate, have parades, and associate with their peers to see who can outdo each other. Straights sometimes tag along so they can jump on forums and tell people how tolerant they are and proclaim themselves to have gay friends.

Regular as laxatives.
Thanks for displaying your ignorance. In a culture that shuns, sometimes violently, homosexual behavior, gay days provides a safe care-free environment for gays to interact naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Is this a joke? You don't trust Time magazine because they had a cover almost 80 years ago (a negative one) that said Hitler was the man who had most influenced events in 1938?

From your own link (which it seems like you didn't bother to read):

But anyway, for anyone who wants to do a little research and has access, there are plenty of studies published in peer-reviewed professional Journals.

Here's a place to start to find the studies and literature:

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/parenting-full.pdf
If I wanted to go to Hell, I would read it. But,
I don't.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-06-2012 at 04:57 AM.. Reason: personal

Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I don't. Base your life on perversion and sex,
spend eternity in Hell, your choice.
How would reading evidence-based studies cause you to go to "Hell"?

Your choice....

Spoiler
Or maybe Santa won't come down your chimney and bring you presents.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-06-2012 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 05-05-2012, 08:24 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Your small liberal mind shows much tolerance for opposing opinions.
Beliefs as vile as those you and One million moms hold don't deserve tolerance.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:28 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
I don't.
What makes you think you're going to Heaven anyway? Jesus doesn't sanction discriminating against outcasts of society. And Jesus never declared gays a perversion. That's a small contingent of his ignorant fundie followers.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-06-2012 at 04:58 AM..

Old 05-05-2012, 10:07 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
How is this a left vs right issue? I'm one who has criticized Wikipedia, so you won't see me using them as a primary source... but I don't speak for EVERY liberal in the country, so everyone else is free to use any source they want. And I am free to discredit their use of it, whether they come from the left or right side of the fence. Where did you get the idea it was okay for one and not the other?

Btw, do you know what I mean by primary source? That means Wikipedia is fine as a secondary source, in other words to back up (or with the outside references) of another source. If I ever do use Wikipedia, I'll only do so in addition to another link - or at the very least, I will check their listed references for accuracy first. The site does have its purposes and doesn't always provide bad information, I just wouldn't use it for something like a research paper or as my ONLY "proof" in a debate. Does that make more sense now?
If you read carefully I said, it's the left that usually comments on someone/anyone using Wikipedia.......I didn't say it was a right vs left thing.........
Wikipedia as a secondary source, yes I get it!! When the public can come in and edit their own research and opinions that's another. How is this reliable secondary resource?? Plus the person that offered Wikipedia up as reference had no other link or resource to provide.

Looks to me Wikipedia relies on others and not so much History to get their answers.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:30 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
They need to change their name to "A Few Thousand Bitter, Uptight Moms."

Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
On a second glance at the article it looks like it is probably three female generations of the same family.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I don't know where they got homosexuals from the photo. I also don't think J C Penney would go in that direction anyway and was shocked to read the title of the thread and glad to see that it was just overkill by a sensitive group. On both ends of this issue, the people seem to just be looking for a fight constantly to promote their end of the controversy. Tired of it!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:12 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,150,820 times
Quote:
B.S.

The overwhelming majority of inmates in our prisons are from fatherless homes.
Surely that just identifies that two parents are better than one?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Yes, let's trust 'Time'. Who was Time's 'Man of the year' in 1938?

Hitler was chosen as Time magazine's Man of the Year for 1938
Man of the Year used to be a recognition of the most influential individual, with no intent of praise or criticism. A concept that the US body politic could apparently handle in 1938, but certainly wouldn't be able to digest today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Just dropped by to say the thread title is the best adult movie title I've seen in a long time. Or would be.
The bill for my new keyboard will be in the mail, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Value vs dollar spent will determine whether people shop there or not.
You're a funny one. If value vs. dollar spent was the deciding factor in purchases, entire marketing departments would have to shut their doors and go home. Image and emotional impact is huge. People buy Harley-Davidson (or, for that matter, Ducati) at a premium, even though everybody knows that the Japanese competitors offer much better value for money.

Quote:
I don't think there are enough gays to keep them profitable.
One doesn't have to be gay to rejoice in seeing the AFA's latest front being flipped the bird in public.

Quote:
Seriously though, a day in the Magic Kingdom dedicated to sexual preference? What genius thought this up?
Probably a gay couple who liked the idea of being able to hold hands without being spat at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies