Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:33 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Huh? Not sure what a religious building has to do with a major cable propaganda network and their leader, that has strong ties to criminal activities and even murder.
Murder you say? Ok! Let's ban all the US Mosques then, because they are used to tell people to MURDER people in the ME! See this can go both ways, what I'm saying is just as ridiculous as what you are saying. How does something that happened in another country have ANY bearing on anything here? It's ALL about censorship, that's just the way you nasty Lefties roll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 12:03 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
I find it ironic that Georgy Schwartz (aka George Soros) came to the United States after surviving the Nazi puppet state of Miklos Horthy only to turn into a tyrannical peice of fecal matter himself ... the only difference being that he is far left instead of far right.

The day he dies will be one of the greatest days for mankind. It can't come soon enough.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:37 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Murder you say? Ok! Let's ban all the US Mosques then, because they are used to tell people to MURDER people in the ME! See this can go both ways, what I'm saying is just as ridiculous as what you are saying. How does something that happened in another country have ANY bearing on anything here? It's ALL about censorship, that's just the way you nasty Lefties roll.
Sure, and lets ban all christian churches because the KKK is a christian organization that has been behind murders and lynchings for decades and decades. Oh and don't forget those christian child molesters popping up all the time from the church,...
Anyhow read the facts on the story, it has nothing to do with "oooh oooh! Soros! Beck says he's SpppOOOOoooOky!" censorship like the right wing propaganda ministers are trying to spread, but because of Murdoch's ties to numerous illegal activities.

FCC urged to revoke Fox broadcast licenses | The Raw Story

Old 05-04-2012, 12:43 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
No wonder mr.soros dis not buy FOX. He was not involved at all. Maybe he should. I am certain it would still make a profit even if the RW propogandists were fired. This would be a great way to install a reeducation campaign without the listeners noticing.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Spock" View Post
It is logical to assume that Fox will not be shut down. I believe it is possible that their format might change towards a more moderate ideology.
insufficient data

Old 05-04-2012, 12:52 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I find it ironic that Georgy Schwartz (aka George Soros) came to the United States after surviving the Nazi puppet state of Miklos Horthy only to turn into a tyrannical peice of fecal matter himself ... the only difference being that he is far left instead of far right.

The day he dies will be one of the greatest days for mankind. It can't come soon enough.
You do know that Mr. Soros is a philanthropist that heavy railed against human rights abuses. Soros has given nearly $5bn to oppose dictators in Africa, Asia and the former Soviet bloc.

It's ironic that in a thread supposing to support free-speech you want to silence Soros (permanently.) It's clear that conservatives don't support free-speech -- only conservative free-speech.

Last edited by MTAtech; 05-04-2012 at 01:01 PM..

Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Re-Post

Seems like you all missed the point. It is not about CENSORSHIP. Read the article. It's about Murdoch's wiretapping scandal. That is all. If you want to debate about what the article is about, than do so. But the article IS NOT about censorship.

It's about illegal business practices.
They are ignoring the point, as they do so often, because it doesn't fit with their agenda.
Of course, if the shoe were on the other foot, they would be calling for criminal investigations, immediate suspension of all licenses...

Old 05-04-2012, 12:59 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What a cheapskate is Mr. Soros. He could buy all of the FOX network with some pocket change.
Wouldn't that be a kick in the butt?

Seriously, I wonder how long it will be before Murdoch and Co. has to start shopping around their U.S. holdings to pay their UK fines.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
I like the way we do it in Canada. If you are a news broadcaster youare required to broadcast. "The truth". If you do not, you won't be broadcasting anything at all because your permit will be cancelled.
We have very through news stations here and they can reflect right or left as they see to but if you watch all of them over the course of a particular story you will notice the FACTS are the same. If you want to put a left or right spin on those facts then that's your right to do so.

Because that's the way it works here FOX has no Canadian stations in the country because they LIE constantly. THEY MISREPRESENT THE TRUTH IN EVERY SINGLE STORY THEY COVER. That is just not allowable here and I hope it will stay that way.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:24 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I like the way we do it in Canada. If you are a news broadcaster youare required to broadcast. "The truth". If you do not, you won't be broadcasting anything at all because your permit will be cancelled.
We have very through news stations here and they can reflect right or left as they see to but if you watch all of them over the course of a particular story you will notice the FACTS are the same. If you want to put a left or right spin on those facts then that's your right to do so.

Because that's the way it works here FOX has no Canadian stations in the country because they LIE constantly. THEY MISREPRESENT THE TRUTH IN EVERY SINGLE STORY THEY COVER. That is just not allowable here and I hope it will stay that way.
Canada knows how to do it I would love to see FCC regulations put in place banning the use of the word "news" unless they are actually presenting factual, unbiased news, and a warning before shows that don't letting people know what you are about to watch is non-factual, biased, and should be considered for entertainment purposes only.

Though that really tells you something that fox lies so much, they're not even allowed on the airwaves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies