Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
Seems like a silly thread to me.
At first glance, yes, but guess who is going to have to answer this question (in different words) again and again over the next 5-6 months... Mitt Romney.

Mitt can't eat a cookie without alienating us common folk. Matter of fact, if it takes 30 seconds to eat a cookie, Mitt makes about $20, mostly off interest on the time it takes to eat it.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:57 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
You will hardly notice the gay people, they will be lost amongst the millions of people that dared to cut the hair on their temples, shave their beards or wear cotton/poly blend clothing.

The bible says a lot of stupid things.
The things you mentioned are old testament stuff... Judaism. Judaism is not concerned with heaven and hell...that is a Christian belief.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Scriptures would seem to indicate yes.
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. -- Luke 16:19-25

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. -- Matthew 19:23-24, Mark 10:23-25

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. -- Luke 6:24

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. -- James 5:1
If they aren't going to heaven, then maybe you all should try not to steal from them... because it would mean both of you would be going to hell..

Old 05-04-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If they aren't going to heaven, then maybe you all should try not to steal from them... because it would mean both of you would be going to hell..

I don't think the vast majority of the very wealthy are concerned about going to heaven or hell.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
The things you mentioned are old testament stuff... Judaism. Judaism is not concerned with heaven and hell...that is a Christian belief.
I know, but the Christians love to cherry pick certain OT laws to use as support for their bigoted views. I just wanted to let them know about some other groups that god will also be roasting for all of eternity.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I know, but the Christians love to cherry pick certain OT laws to use as support for their bigoted views. I just wanted to let them know about some other groups that god will also be roasting for all of eternity.
Sure they do. In fact, you will find a lot of Evangelicals that only preach out of the old testament. Jesus is just a little too liberal for them.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 AM

419 posts, read 365,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
At first glance, yes, but guess who is going to have to answer this question (in different words) again and again over the next 5-6 months... Mitt Romney.

Mitt can't eat a cookie without alienating us common folk. Matter of fact, if it takes 30 seconds to eat a cookie, Mitt makes about $20, mostly off interest on the time it takes to eat it.
He shouldn't have to answer this question. I think it is a silly question and a silly thread.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
He shouldn't have to answer this question. I think it is a silly question and a silly thread.

You know I don't know if Mormons actually believe in Hell. I think they believe that they can be a God on a different planet or something. I am not really sure.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Sure they do. In fact, you will find a lot of Evangelicals that only preach out of the old testament. Jesus is just a little too liberal for them.
One of the most hilarious things I ever witnessed was a full sleeve tatted up street preacher reciting the anti-gay pronouncements found in Leviticus. I guess his homeschool didn't have time to cover the whole chapter.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:21 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,515 times
What's the cut-off point? Is it okay to donate most of one's fortune right before death and thus purchase entry into heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies