Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:00 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Women already Know which Party believes in womens rights and which doesn't so much. So, no amount of right-wing propaganda is going to change that, women will vote for Obama in far higher numbers than they il for Mitt, the GOP really does not stand a chance in this election, one cannot win based on the support of angry old white men, there simply are not enough of you left.
Good point. Wonder what prompted Obama to launch his campaign with this one???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 12:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Women already Know which Party believes in womens rights and which doesn't so much. So, no amount of right-wing propaganda is going to change that, women will vote for Obama in far higher numbers than they il for Mitt, the GOP really does not stand a chance in this election, one cannot win based on the support of angry old white men, there simply are not enough of you left.
There aren't enough dumb liberal women to affect anything. There are more women out there that don't buy into the fabricated "war on women" that you guys drummed up out of your asses.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
And when they see who his comrades are, they'll know which side to join forces with and it won't have a (D) next to it.
You think women are lemmings?
Please, child.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:03 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You think women are lemmings?
Please, child.
Women on the Left are, that's a no brainer.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Women on the Left are, that's a no brainer.
I highly doubt you know any.
On either side.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times
The only issue with this is the Democrat's "war on women" strategy. If Obama can employ a man who may have "battered" his wife, then it shows their strategy is hypocritical, cynical and insincere. For me at least that is the only issue with this, since its SOP for divorce lawyers to tell their female clients to claim "battery" and that they fear for their safety. Sherrod Brown may be totally innocent of abusing his wife and he should be given the benefit of the doubt, especially by men. But again, the issue is the hypocrisy and cynicism of the Democrats.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:15 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
The only issue with this is the Democrat's "war on women" strategy. If Obama can employ a man who may have "battered" his wife, then it shows their strategy is hypocritical, cynical and insincere. For me at least that is the only issue with this, since its SOP for divorce lawyers to tell their female clients to claim "battery" and that they fear for their safety. Sherrod Brown may be totally innocent of abusing his wife and he should be given the benefit of the doubt, especially by men. But again, the issue is the hypocrisy and cynicism of the Democrats.
Well, apparently there was enough to it for the court to issue a restraining order against him. I think the Dems are extremely hypocritical with these cries of a faux war on women and its gonna come back to bite them where the sun don't shine!

Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times
Quote:
Well, apparently there was enough to it for the court to issue a restraining order against him. I think the Dems are extremely hypocritical with these cries of a faux war on women and its gonna come back to bite them where the sun don't shine!
Maybe. I admit I don't know the ins and outs of this case.

But you know even if he did, the Obama people will simply dismiss him and all will be forgotten, down the memory hold.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
And when they see who his comrades are, they'll know which side to join forces with and it won't have a (D) next to it.

See ya in November.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Maybe. I admit I don't know the ins and outs of this case.

But you know even if he did, the Obama people will simply dismiss him and all will be forgotten, down the memory hold.

Sort of like the Rs dimissed the sexual harassment allegations about Herman Cain.
Seems to me that they also used the 'but it was so long ago' argument.
And the 'women make up stuff like this up the time' argument.

Here's the problem for the Rs as I see it: they completely dismissed out of hand any possibility that Mr. Cain was guilty and denigrated all of the women who claimed that he was.

Now, we are supposed to believe that they care about how Mr. Brown treated his ex-wife and that they aren't simply attempting to use his past to score political points?

Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies