Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 03:27 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times

Advertisements

The protocol if you accidentally start driving toward a border post you have no intention to cross is to pull over and turn on your hazard lights. You may create a traffic mess and get people mad at you, and you might even get fined, but as long as you stay on your side of the border, you'll be alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 03:29 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I see the Lefties think it's ok to jail someone for breaking a law in Mexico involuntarily, but it's NOT ok to jail illegals here for MULTIPLE crimes?!

Who said that in this thread?

Old 05-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Absolutely not. In one case, we had a person working for a living that made a simple traffic error. In the other, we have people deliberately breaking the law. No comparison at all.

A traffic error? The driver attempted to enter Mexico with a truckload of ammo, a very serious crime in Mexico. I don't recall either the US or Mexico having some type of exemption from criminal laws if you claim to have made a mistake or broke the law "involuntarily". You are clearly not rational if you are comparing someone crossing the border looking for work with someone that committed the equivalent of a major felony.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
The question remains: Why aren't Eric Holder and Lanny Breuer similarly sitting in a Mexican prison. People have died as a result of their actions.

As to the driver, I thought earlier articles has stated he attempted to unload his rig on the USA side of the line in order to make his turn around and USBP would not allow it.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The question remains: Why aren't Eric Holder and Lanny Breuer similarly sitting in a Mexican prison. People have died as a result of their actions.

As to the driver, I thought earlier articles has stated he attempted to unload his rig on the USA side of the line in order to make his turn around and USBP would not allow it.
That is his claim, but the Border Patrol disputes that it actually happened that way. It wouldn't matter anyway, ultimately the truck driver made the decision to enter Mexico with a trailer loaded with ammo. The driver is either a major idiot or lying about what happened. If I knew that I had a load of stuff that would put me in a Mexican prison for a long time, I would have stopped the truck on the US side and dealt with the US Border Patrol and El Paso police.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:37 PM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
A traffic error? The driver attempted to enter Mexico with a truckload of ammo, a very serious crime in Mexico. I don't recall either the US or Mexico having some type of exemption from criminal laws if you claim to have made a mistake or broke the law "involuntarily". You are clearly not rational if you are comparing someone crossing the border looking for work with someone that committed the equivalent of a major felony.
We have criminal aliens here committing murders, rapes, identity fraud, assaults, driving with no licensces or insurance, etc. All deliberately, voluntarily and with full intent. These are far more serious than a driver missing a turn on the highway.

Like I say, lock up some of the 12million Mexican criminals on this side of the border with 35 year sentences. At the least, we have bargaining chips to get a directionally challenged driver out of a hellhole of a Mexican prison. Extend it further; since we allow Mexican drivers and trucks on our highway....lock up drivers if the truck has an equipment or safety violation.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
This is but one reason I choose to visit WND for the real news; other media outlets don't even report what is really going on in this country - NO INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM.

Where is the outrage - where is the DOJ? Where is OBAMA?? THEY COULD CARE LESS!!

OH that's right; I forgot; according to the Obots; nothing on WND is true!
The story is BS. The man could have turned around. It was clearly marked that he would be entering Mexico.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

He had ample time to turn around if he watched the signs without having to try to unload his truck. His story doesn't make sense.

His story makes sense now that I have read this article Truck driver's mom seeks help freeing son from Mexican jail - El Paso Times

Last edited by pommysmommy; 05-04-2012 at 08:00 PM..

Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 PM

Truck driver's mom seeks help freeing son from Mexican jail - El Paso Times

It seems he was not permitted to use the turnaround by and directed to enter the lane into Mexico by U.S. officials. One of his delivery stops is on the road to Mexico. I believe him.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I see the Lefties think it's ok to jail someone for breaking a law in Mexico involuntarily, but it's NOT ok to jail illegals here for MULTIPLE crimes?!
What are you talking about? Who is this nut job? Anyone who breaks the law should do the time. Actually, what they do with illegals who run afoul of the law is ship 'em back to their country of origin. Which doesn't accomplish much if they're from Mexico. But a lot of 'em are from Central and South America. Takes 'em awhile to crawl back from that far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies