Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Sure ...keep telling yourself that!!

“It's happened before. It could come down to those last few people we register. It could all come down to those last few people that we help get to the polls on November the 6th.”

She went on to say it could even mean registering one more person to vote.
Too bad I can't rep you again. Thanks for pointing out the inconsistencies, lack of logic, and insanity that comprises liberal political views. It is nonsense transposed to a macro scale.

Ask any liberal to practice "liberalism" on a micro scale and they will tell you that you are insane. This shows, in fact, that liberalism itself is insane.

a. ask a liberal to house a family of illegals and pay for their healthcare

b. ask a liberal to house a homeless person

c. ask a liberal to work in a soup kitchen

d. ask a liberal to give an unqualified minority their job

e. ask a liberal to give $1,000 to the next random person they see on the street

f. ask a liberal, when in school, to "split" their "A" grade with a "D" student so they both can bet "C"s

g. ask a liberal to drive only American cars

h. ask a liberal to pay 50% of their income in taxes

i. ask a liberal to burn dung and wood, given that coal and oil produce CO2

j. ask a liberal to give up central heating and airconditioning, as they increase CO2

k. ask a liberal to give up all plastic products

l. ask a liberal to give up a life saving medical treatment, paid by their insurance, to insure blood pressure medicine for those who cannot afford it.

m. ask a liberal to ride a bike to work and give up their car

Liberalism is the epitomy of hypocrisy. They really do not give a damn about the poor or disadvantaged, except at cocktail parties. Ask a liberal to actually do, personally, what they suggest, and they will look at you as though you are insane. Liberalism, of course, is insane.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 05-05-2012 at 08:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,246,280 times
That's quite true, it could come down to the last vote. At the same time, Obama has nothing to do with how and who counts the votes.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I'm not sure what you mean.

You claimed that once someone's unemployment benefits run out they are no longer counted as unemployed. I asked for the source of this information since none of the commonly used measures unemployment that I know of factor in whether someone is receiving unemployment benefits. Instead of backing up your claim you are throwing out a hypothetical based on same questionable (and still unproven) premise that having benefits run out means you aren't counted as unemployed.

So I ask again, what measure of unemployment uses whether one is receiving benefits to determine if someone is unemployed, as you claimed?

As far as what the left is hanging their hat on I've no idea and am not really interested trying to frame it as attacking either political team.
If a person runs his claim out, he no longer is claiming a weekly check... ..the government figures ONLY count the ones claiming a check. If a person is no longer eligible, then the government no longer counts them as unemployed since they did not claim a check.

It's quite clear, and is a misrepresentation of the true unemployment figures.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:02 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Too bad I can't rep you again. Thanks for pointing out the inconsistencies, lack of logic, and insanity that comprises liberal political views. It is nonsense transposed to a macro scale.

Ask any liberal to practice "liberalism" on a micro scale and they will tell you that you are insane. This shows, in fact, that liberalism itself is insane.

e. ask a liberal to give $1,000 to the next random person they see on the street

f. ask a liberal, when in school, to "split" their "A" grade with a "D" student so they both can bet "C"s

j. ask a liberal to give up central heating and airconditioning, as they increase CO2

l. ask a liberal to give up a life saving medical treatment, paid by their insurance, to insure blood pressure medicine for those who cannot afford it.

Liberalism is the epitomy of hypocrisy. They really do not give a damn about the poor or disadvantaged, except at cocktail parties. Ask a liberal to actually do, personally, what they suggest, and they will look at you as though you are insane. Liberalism, of course, is insane.
Yeah I Have my own personal troll/pet that follows me everywhere telling me I'm insane and don't know anything! (chuckle).

Old 05-05-2012, 08:03 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
If a person runs his claim out, he no longer is claiming a weekly check... ..the government figures ONLY count the ones claiming a check. If a person is no longer eligible, then the government no longer counts them as unemployed since they did not claim a check.

Everything about this administration is a misrepresentation!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:11 PM

867 posts, read 498,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

It is all an excuse, a vehicle to their real destination. To wit, more power and control over YOU, Less freedom and liberty for YOU, and more of everything for THEM.

Liberals are the ultimate PIGS

Old 05-05-2012, 09:34 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
It is all an excuse, a vehicle to their real destination. To wit, more power and control over YOU, Less freedom and liberty for YOU, and more of everything for THEM.

Liberals are the ultimate PIGS

Agreed=

Liberals are modern Fascists bent on control of their fellow man and hold contempt for the concept of personal liberty, in spite of education or socio-economic class.

It harkens to the astonishment that members of Cornwallis' army at Yorktown viewed upon the men who had forced their capitulation, upon the end of the battle. They looked upon the ragged appearance of the men who defeated them and knew that they were looking upon a "new race of men", who valued personal liberty above loyalty to a sovereign crown.

Liberals have lost sight of the fact that FREE MEN, unencumbered by an authoritarian government, ARE A NEW RACE OF MEN. Let us not fall back to the principles of subservience and obedience to a superior entity, rather than the rule of law, in which all men are seen as equals.

Liberalism is the sacrifice of personal liberty and a betrayal of the concepts established by the founding fathers in exchange for the false "promise" of equality under communism in exchange for personal liberty. Liberals, in this aspect, are traitors to the principles which established this country.

There is no guarantee of success, only the possibility of success, if one is able to work hard. Liberals are the worst enemies to the hard fought freedoms and liberties secured by the founding fathers. If they observed modern liberals, I am sure that they would regard them as enemies of liberty and the personal freedoms of the individual.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 05-05-2012 at 09:42 PM..

Old 05-05-2012, 09:45 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Facts are facts. Mine are correct.

None of what you posted is at all relevant to the recovery. We had debt in the 90's, during the most explosive growth in modern times.

Your angry post doesn't mean you are right. The recovery is occurring, much as you hate the fact Obama is doing a good job, the numbers prove there is GDP and jobs growth. b
No, we have never had this kind of debt.

And I'm seeing more empty homes in my area.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm#unemployed

Old 05-05-2012, 10:42 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,229,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Those are not my words - but -you listen & you be the judge! This all makes perfect sense to me.

Something terrible is about to happen - !!
FOX...enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies