Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:38 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Sure. The families of the unemployed are going to run out on Election Day to vote for the G.O.P. who held hostage their unemployment benefits extension for extending the Bush tax-cuts on upper-income Americans; who want to cut safety net programs to lower taxes on the wealthy, again; who killed President Obama's jobs bills, who killed the Obama bill that would have taxed outsourcing American jobs., etc.

If the unemployed want to vote for the party that votes against their interests, they'll vote for the G.O.P.

If they were rational, they would evaluate the facts-

1. debt increased from $8.6 trillion to $16 trillion

2. annual deficits of $1.3 trillion

3. Median income down 7.5% since Obama

4. Families on foodstamps up 30% since Obama

5. Trade deficits increased under Obama

6. Real unemployment increased under Obama

7. manufacturing sector decreased under Obama

Any RATIONAL person would vote for ANYONE who opposed Obama, as the last four years have been misery for the US and the American worker. To vote in Obama for another four years would be to ACCEPT AND WELCOME four more years of the same!

Who is crazy enough to want four more years of this? Liberals. However, there are not enough liberal to put Obama in the White House again. Obama loses in a landslide-

count the electoral votes in Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, and Iowa. Obama loses in a landslide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 08:47 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
The recovery is occurring, much as you hate the fact Obama is doing a good job, the numbers prove there is GDP and jobs growth. b
Job's growth? There hasn't been a single positive month since Obama took over. You want facts? We need 350k jobs per month just to remain level (8.2% unemployed,) without losing work participation numbers.
Unemployment rate hinges on more than job gains

The rate of job creation is accelerating. Employers have added an average of 201,000 jobs a month for the past three months. That's much better than the average of 152,000 a month last year. However, if you take into account the 6M people that've stopped looking, (and are still under retirement age) the unemployment rate is more like 12%. Some say as high as 18%.

"The unemployment rate counts only people who don't have a job and are looking for one. Once you stop looking, you're no longer considered unemployed."

This skews the numbers and gives a false positive (much the same as not counting food and energy in ACCRA COLI.) How convenient!

The labor-force participation rate has plummeted. There's a huge difference between growing jobs and shrinking the workforce. Obama's success is smoke and mirrors with the unemployment rates coming down only because the workforce has shrunk.

I wonder who those "unemployed," yet not counted, will be voting for.

You only want facts so you can ignore them.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-04-2012 at 09:25 PM..

Old 05-04-2012, 09:23 PM

867 posts, read 498,356 times
Quote:
There have been minor tweaks to the count over decades, but nothing recently to suggest Obama and the federal government are somehow "cooking the books," which seems to be the implication.
The numbers are being cooked inasmuch as millions of unemployed are not being counted because they are off the unemployment compensation rolls as if suddenly they aren't unemployed now. It is disingenuous no matter when it started. But you have to remember, we are dealing with Democrats, Obama democrats, the vilest form of politician in U.S. History. disingeniousness is SOP for these vermin.

Last edited by Beatles4evr; 05-04-2012 at 09:32 PM..

Old 05-04-2012, 09:31 PM

867 posts, read 498,356 times
Quote:
The recovery is occurring, much as you hate the fact Obama is doing a good job, the numbers prove there is GDP and jobs growth. b
This post is perhaps the largest, foulest crock of poop every to come down the pike. Recovering is occurring????? Businesses are sitting on their hands because of Obama's vows to wreak havoc on the economy, couched in so many different manners. Put an inflatable doll in the Oval Office, and the performance of the Executive Office would improve manifold. Fill it with air, and get even better results.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:40 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
So so funny, i have some friends over right now, they really like you they think. lol love your humor.
We laughed our butts off the other day when we heard his new slogan
FORWARD
MARCHING RIGHT OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE. Moving forward onward, but not with Obama, who has fancy catchy lines and phrases, sounds good, looks good, but is only that, words, the Man cannot deliver not even on his promise of what was it again! HOPE N' CHANGE GARBAGE/ and so is his catch phrase of Foward, another lie.
Fall for the lies, who cares, we will be in the dumps again, should Obama win, mark my words, things will not get better another 4 years from now should Obama be Prez, we are screwed.
He never does either. Why is Osama Bin Laden still alive, Obummer?

Oh.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:46 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
$16 TRILLION in DEBT....
No Balanced Budget...
No plans to pay down the debt....

THAT is what is documented. And it doesn't matter one bit what you liberal fools say about a recovery being underway....the economy WILL NOT HOLD UP under a $16 TRILLION debt and a degraded credit rating. Sorry....Crow all you like about the government BS recovery figures....FACTS are FACTS...it's time you take your head out of the sand or wherever else you keep it and get FAMILIAR with what is TRULY documented.

Let me say that I think Obama and his economic team are either corrupt or lunatics. I also think liberals are childlike in their thinking...However...

Someone like you with these facts reminds me of when Jr finds daddy's gun. Those numbers are symptomatic of what happened in 2008 and preferable to the alternative since private credit cannot create enough money to prevent a depression.

All money is debt and the money supply cannot go negative. So what is your answer to private deleveraging?

Old 05-04-2012, 09:50 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
can u continue to debt forever and it have no consequences. ??? when i ask they question to my most conservative friends they just giggle. very uncharacteristic for rush limbaugh types isnt it.
if u cant say no to your wife kids and yourself, how can the president say no to debting?

Depends on the debt. Foreign debts usually piled on so high that within 50 years they had to cancel them. Debt to self is another matter entirely.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
He never does either. Why is Osama Bin Laden still alive, Obummer?

Oh.
Todays news puts obama between a rock & a hard place -

How's that Hope (the economy) & Change thing working? (millions more still out of work 86 million!!

Now we all know.. Obama is going to cheat in this next election through Acorn - but they no doubt can amass 20 million or so votes maybe more.

There is no way in hell they can stuff 90 million votes. L A N D S L I D E which will make Jimmy Carter smile and fall over laughing!!

That's one heck of an idea for a GREAT - "Bumber Sticker" !!

Forward - onto the L A N D S L I D E - defeat of Obama!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Todays news puts obama between a rock & a hard place -

How's that Hope (the economy) & Change thing working? (millions more still out of work 86 million!!

Now we all know.. Obama is going to cheat in this next election through Acorn - but they no doubt can amass 20 million or so votes maybe more.

There is no way in hell they can stuff 90 million votes. L A N D S L I D E which will make Jimmy Carter smile and fall over laughing!!

That's one heck of an idea for a GREAT - "Bumber Sticker" !!

Forward - onto the L A N D S L I D E - defeat of Obama!
How's

that

doublespacing lines thing

going.

Argue

all

you

want.

Romney

won't

win.

"Mitt Romney"

Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
No, they are not. And your "history" is fatally flawed...most actually break for the incumbent. But I have only worked in political research, what do I know?

Look at the polls in the battleground states. Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania.

Obama wins easily. You have had 4 years to get used to Obama, get used to four more years.

"Traditionally, there have been two schools of thought about how undecideds in trial heat match-ups will divide up at the ballot box. One is that they will break equally; the other, that they will split in proportion to poll respondents who stated a candidate preference. But our analysis of 155 polls reveals that, in races that include an incumbent, the traditional answers are wrong. Over 80% of the time, most or all of the undecideds voted for the challenger."

Incumbent Rule

In Virginia and Pennsylvania, support is down from 2008 which is why they are battleground states in 2012.

Newest polls have Romney leading in Florida...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Florida: Romney vs. Obama

...and Arizona...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Arizona: Romney vs. Obama

...and Missouri...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Missouri: Romney vs. Obama

...plus Colorado is now tied...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Colorado: Romney vs. Obama

I guess the question now becomes, why are Michigan, New Hampshire, Iowa and Wisconsin considered battleground states when Bummer won all four by double digits in 2008?

Last edited by momonkey; 05-04-2012 at 10:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies